Chapter Twenty-Five

You're My Destiny

Jinyoung fasten his pace to the playground. His heart felt uneasy since he left Danny alone. He tried to come early but accident happened. He stuck for almost an hour! As he reached the playground, he instantly searched for his son. Jinyoung felt his heart ripped apart as he couldn’t find Danny.

“Danny!” Jinyoung called out his name, but it was silent. His eyes already brimmed with tears. What if he was kidnapped? What if he involved in an accident? Many assumptions came to Jinyoung’s mind. His tears dropped on his cheeks as he thought that.

“Umma!” Jinyoung flinched as he heard Danny’s voice. He turned around and saw Danny happily ran to him. Jinyoung immediately pulled him into his embrace. He swears, this is the first and last time he left Danny alone.

“Where did you go, honey?” Jinyoung asked as he broke the hug and caressed his soft hair.

“I went with Mark uncle.” Danny answered him, making Jinyoung frowned a bit. Mark then approached them while shooting a glare at Jinyoung.

“Danny, go play at the playground, alright?” Jinyoung told Danny and Danny quickly went to the playground. Jinyoung then looked at Mark’s face.

“Are you out of your mind? How could you leave your son alone at the playground? What if something happened to him?” Mark scolded him.

“It’s none of your concern. Danny is my son.” Jinyoung said. He noticed Mark’s face dropped a bit as he heard that.

“What’s wrong with you? Luckily there was me to accompany him. When he’s missing, you cry.” Mark told him, making Jinyoung blushed a little. He’s embarrassed that Mark saw him crying.

“Thank you for accompanying my son, sir. Excuse me.” Jinyoung said as he wanted to walk to Danny. But Mark was quicker. He grabbed Jinyoung’s wrist and turned him around.

“What’s wrong with you?” Jinyoung asked him as he tried to pry away his hand from Mark.

“I had helped you. How about you go out with me?” Mark asked him, not letting go of his hand. His lips formed into a small smile as Jinyoung’s cheeks turned pink.

“Let me go! What ghost had gotten into you?” Jinyoung demanded.

“Then how about you invite me to your house? I’m thirsty.” Mark asked him again. Jinyoung then looked at him weirdly.

“Danny!” Jinyoung called his son’s name, making Mark quickly let go of his wrist. Danny then ran towards them.

“Yes, umma?” Danny asked. Before Jinyoung could reply, Mark slung his arm around his shoulder.

“Nothing, Danny. Your umma just want to invite uncle to your house.” Mark told him. Hearing those words, Danny smiled.

“Okay!” Danny replied him as he went to the house. Jinyoung then elbowed Mark’s stomach.

“Yah, what is that for?” Mark let go of his shoulder and groaned in pain.

“Revenge.” Jinyoung answered him shortly and ran to his house. Mark then smiled at his action before heading to Jinyoung’s house.

‘He’s acting like a kid.’ Mark thought.

___________________________________________________

Mark entered Jinyoung’s house and scanned his eyes inside the house.

“Have a seat, sir.” Jinyoung said. Mark then dropped his on the sofa. His eyes followed Jinyoung who went to the kitchen. After that, Mark smiled while looking at Danny who ran inside the house. Mark suddenly remembered something and got up on his feet.

“Danny, I’m going out for a while.” Mark told Danny, making the kid nodded his head. He went to his car and opened the back door. He got many bags from his car and went inside Jinyoung’s house again. At that time, Jinyoung had served the table with coffee and muffins.

“Where did you go?” Jinyoung asked him. Mark took a seat on the sofa and stared at Jinyoung’s face for a while.

“I took the presents for Danny.” Mark answered slowly, making Jinyoung bit his lower lip.

“For what? Danny didn’t need anything from you.” Jinyoung told him as he didn’t felt uncomfortable with Mark’s stare.

“Why? Can’t I buy a present for his birthday?” Mark asked him.

“It’s not that. I just didn’t invite you for his birthday party.” Jinyoung replied softly, making Mark turned silent.

Mark felt hurt as he heard that. Why didn’t Jinyoung invite him to Danny’s birthday party? He wanted to celebrate his son’s birthday too. Mark wanted to stay by Danny’s side when he blew up the candles. He wanted Danny to feed him with the cake. Mark then ruffled his hair slightly. How can Jinyoung ask him to Danny’s birthday party since Jinyoung didn’t know that he already knew Danny is his son?

“It’s okay. It’s not that expensive.” Mark said as he handed Jinyoung the presents. Jinyoung forced himself to accept it. But then his eyes widened when he saw the contents.

“I’m sorry, sir. But I can’t accept this. This is way too expensive.” Jinyoung said as he handed the presents back to Mark, but Mark just ignored it.

“If you don’t want it, just throw it away.” Mark told him while chewing the muffin.

‘Not bad.’ Mark thought.

Jinyoung sighed and finally sat on the sofa. Danny then placed himself on Jinyoung’s lap.

“Where did Danny go?” Jinyoung asked while caressing Danny’s soft hair.

“I went shopping with Mark uncle and grandma.” Danny answered as he ate the muffin. Jinyoung then frowned a little. Grandma?

“My mom followed too.” Mark suddenly said when he saw Jinyoung’s face who looked confused. Mark then remembered the earlier incident.

When he brought Danny to his house, Mrs. Tuan showered the kid with kisses. After that, she asked Mark to go shopping with Danny. Almost all the things at the mall she wanted to give to Danny. That’s why Mark brought a lot of presents to Jinyoung’s house.

“Oh...” Jinyoung lowered his head. Why did Mark and Mrs. Tuan change? They even treated Danny so nice. Did they know the truth? But how?

Mark then got up on his feet and went to the wall. Jinyoung just let him as he was wiping the dirt from Danny’s mouth. Mark stared at Danny’s baby picture. Danny looked so cute. Mark suddenly felt lost. He wanted to see the day Danny was borne and he wanted Danny to call him appa. He also wanted to see how Danny grown up.

“Can I look at Danny’s other pictures?” Mark asked out of a sudden, making Jinyoung widened his eyes. Jinyoung then shook his head slowly.

“I’m sorry, but that’s the only one Danny’s picture that I have.” Jinyoung said truthfully. Mark seems shocked with his answer. Did Jinyoung really hate him?

“Why?” Mark asked, making Jinyoung lowered his head.

“When I was pregnant, I can’t work. It’s only Geurim auntie who worked to earn for our living. The baby’s need was expensive and Danny always sick at that time. It’s not that we can take his picture. The picture on the wall was given by my neighbour.” Jinyoung suddenly let out his feeling. He didn’t know why.

Mark felt like he was crashed by a trailer when he heard that. He felt guiltier to Jinyoung and Danny. Mark scolded himself for making Jinyoung suffered all this time. What is he going to do? He wanted to get married with Jinyoung and be a dad to Danny but Jackson’s figure always disturbed him.

A/N : I know. Someone will get hurt at the end. T^T