Chapter Twenty-Three

You're My Destiny

“Jaebum-hyung, did you see Jackson?” Jinyoung asked when he stopped at Jaebum’s table.

“If I’m not mistaken, he sent Bambam home just now.” Jaebum said, making Jinyoung stunned for a while. It’s not that Jinyoung couldn’t believe it, he just didn’t expect it. He had informed Jackson about Danny’s birthday party tonight. Before this, Jackson was the first one to ask him to celebrate Danny’s birthday. Jinyoung had invited a few of Danny’s friends to come to their house tonight. Jinyoung didn’t expect Jackson to forget about this.

“Jinyoung-ah, are you okay?” Jaebum’s question made him snapped into a reality.

“I’m fine, hyung. Don’t forget to come tonight.” Jinyoung reminded him, making Jaebum nodded his head. Jinyoung then suddenly hit his head with his palm.

“What’s wrong?” Jaebum asked worriedly.

“I still haven’t bought a present for Danny. It’s all Mark’s fault. He kept giving me a lot of works.” Jinyoung crossed his arms.

“It’s no use if you got mad. You better buy the gift quickly before it’s late.” Jaebum said as he tapped his shoulder. Jinyoung just nodded his head and went out from the office.

____________________________________________________________________

“Danny, I’m sorry. Umma is late.” Jinyoung said as he ran to Danny who’s pouting at the kindergarten. He hugged his small body but the kid didn’t hug him back.

“What’s wrong, Danny? Umma is sorry. My boss made me late.” Jinyoung told him again while caressing his soft hair.

“Your boss? Is it Mark uncle?” Danny asked curiously as a smile plastered on his lips. Jinyoung felt a bit weird as Danny suddenly gets excited when hearing the jerk’s name.

“Yes.” Jinyoung replied him shortly.

“Is he coming tonight?” Danny asked hopefully as he shook Jinyoung’s arm slightly.

“No, Danny. He’s busy.” Jinyoung lied. Danny then pouted and nodded his head slowly. Jinyoung brought Danny to the already ready taxi. He still didn’t have his own car. He wished he have a car. It will not burden Jackson. Furthermore, Jackson now is always with Bambam. Jinyoung didn’t want to come between them.

“Umma, where’s Jackson appa?” Danny’s question brought snapped him into a reality. Jinyoung then scratch the back of his neck as he didn’t know what to answer.

“He can’t come, Danny. He’s busy.” Jinyoung said slowly, making Danny pouted.

“It’s okay. Umma is here. Your friends will come too tonight.” Jinyoung tried to reassure him. He didn’t like it when Danny is sad.

“But I want Jackson appa too!” Danny hit the seat as he didn’t felt satisfied. His eyes already brimmed with tears. Jinyoung then bit his lower lips.

“Danny, Jackson appa is busy. Pity him. Danny is a good boy right? So, don’t be like this.” Jinyoung brought Danny onto his laps. He then caressed his back but Danny kept crying.

Danny must love Jackson a lot. All this time, he always celebrated his birthday with Jackson. But Jackson has his own life too. Furthermore, Danny is not his responsibility. Jackson will get married someday so Danny has to adapt with this situation. Jinyoung sighed a little at the thought.

_____________________________________________________________

“Danny, cut the cake already. Your friends are waiting.” Jinyoung told Danny. He could sense all the kids in the party were hungry already.

“I don’t want to. I want to wait for Jackson appa.” Danny shook his head. Jinyoung then tried to bring Danny into his arms but the kid just stays still, making Jinyoung sighed a bit.

“Uncle, I want to eat the cake.” Yugyeom, his neighbour’s son said to him. Jinyoung looked at his face with a smile plastered on his face. He then brought Yugyeom to a table that serve a lot of snacks.

“Gyeomie, eat this chocolate first okay? We’ll wait for your other friends first.” Jinyoung said as he gave a chocolate to the kid. Yugyeom then nodded his head happily and took the chocolate. Jinyoung took a glance at his watch.

“It’s still early.” He mumbled and looked inside the house that filled with his neighbours and Danny’s friends.

“Jinyoung-ah, where’s Danny? I want to give him a gift.” Mrs. Kim said as he approached Jinyoung.

“Danny is inside. Have you eaten?” Jinyoung asked her.

“Not yet. I just came.” Mrs. Kim smiled at him. Jinyoung then led her to Danny who sat on the sofa with his pout. He just ignored his friends who were having fun.

“Hi Danny. What’s with the face? Aren’t today your birthday?” Mrs. Kim said as he kissed both of Danny’s cheeks, making Danny giggled a bit. She gave him a present.

“Say thank you, honey.” Jinyoung told him. Danny then nodded his head slowly.

“Thank you auntie.” Danny said and kissed her cheek. Jinyoung smiled and brought Danny on his laps.

“Danny, let’s cut the cake. Your friends are hungry.” Jinyoung tried to persuade him again. Danny turned silent as he heard that.

“That’s right, Danny. Uncle is hungry too.” Jaebum said as he came out from nowhere.

“When did you come?” Jinyoung asked in confusion.

“Just now.” Jaebum grinned at him.

“I want to wait for Jackson appa.” Danny suddenly said, making Jinyoung sighed a bit. His eyes then met with Jaebum.

“He can’t come, Danny. He’s busy.” Jaebum reassured Danny as he could read what’s on Jinyoung’s mind.

“I’ve already told you. He will not coming even if you wait for him. Let’s cut the cake first, okay?” Jinyoung tried again. Danny turned silent before nodding his head slowly. Jaebum then immediately light up the candles.

“Let sing together.” Jaebum said as he started it off. The kids followed his rhythm and sang together with him. As the song was finished, Danny didn’t blow up the candle. Jinyoung then looked at his son’s face with worry.

“Why don’t you blow up the candles, Danny?” Jinyoung asked him softly. Danny must miss his past birthday celebration with Geurim and Jackson.

“Jinyoung-ah, call Jackson. Ask him to come here.” Jaebum suggested as his idea to persuade Danny was running out.

“He’s busy. I don’t want to burden him.” Jinyoung said as he shook his head.

“Or ask Mark to come here.” Jaebum suggested again, making Jinyoung shot him a glare.

“Are you out of your mind, hyung?” Jinyoung asked him. Jaebum let out a laugh before he turned serious again.

“Danny, cut the cake. Uncle wants to eat.” Jaebum faked a whine to Danny. Danny finally nodded his head slowly. Jinyoung then took a knife and gave it to Danny.

“Is Danny going to cut the cake already?” Jackson suddenly appeared at the front door. Danny then ran towards Jackson and the latter brought him in his arms.

“Umma said Jackson appa is not coming.” Danny reported as he pouted his lips. Jackson just smiled at his action and went closer to the table.

“I’m sorry. I have something to do earlier. Did Danny wait for hours?” Jackson asked, making Danny nodded his head vigorously. Jackson then pinched his cheeks and Danny just laughed happily.

“Let’s cut the cake, okay? Your friends are waiting.” Jackson said. This time, he was the first one who led the song. After Danny blew up the candles, he happily cut the cake and his friends cheered for him.

“Umma, open your mouth.” Danny said with a small piece of cake in his hand. Jinyoung then smiled and opened his mouth. After that, Danny fed Jackson with the cake.

“Here is your present, Danny.” Jackson said as he handed the present to Danny. Danny then took it with a smile plastered on his face.

“I love you, Jackson appa.” Danny said and kissed Jackson’s cheek before placing himself on Jackson’s lap. They talked for a while before Danny went to his friends. Jackson then took a seat beside Jinyoung.

“Sorry I’m late, Jinyoung-ah. I had to send Bambam and-“

“You don’t have to explain. I’m not angry even if you didn’t come. Danny is not your responsibility anyway.” Jinyoung cut off his words. Silent air filled between them.

“Excuse me. I have to greet the others too.” Jinyoung said as he got up on his feet. He didn’t know why he’s saying those things to Jackson. He knew Jackson was a bit hurt as he heard that, but he couldn’t help himself.

A/N : There! I want to torture Mark first. *evil laugh* Don't forget to drop some comments. :)