Chapter One

You're My Destiny

“What?! I’m working as a maid?! Why?!” Jinyoung asked his father in disbelief. He’s just finishing his high school!

“Yes. The payment is very good. I’ve already received it. You have be a maid too in the city!” His father said sternly. Jinyoung lowered his head as he heard that. He thought that was no use to fight against his words. His foster parents always asked him to the house chores, including taking a good care of his siblings while their older daughter just relaxing in the house. Sometimes, Jinyoung thought that it was unfair.

“Yoora noona, are you following me too? You have no job, right?” Jinyoung asked his sister, Yoora who was watching television.

“Do you even realize what are you saying? Me as a maid? Pffftt! People like me who was graduated from university only work at the office, unlike you! Stupid!” Yoora scoffed while glaring at Jinyoung.

“How long will you stay like this? You’ve never search for a job. Is your university certificate expired already?” Jinyoung said in a mocking tone.

“Watch your mouth! What do you know?! I don’t need to search for a job! A job will eventually come to me!” Yoora snapped at him.

“Come on, noona. If you’re still stay here, jobless, the job will not come to you! Your result is not that good. Have you forgotten that you had repeated your semester because you had failed?” Jinyoung anger started to boil. All this time, he just kept quiet and followed her order. But now, he’s kinda sick of it. He’s not a toy!

“Stop it! I don’t care. Jinyoung, you have to do the job! If you don’t, get lost from this house!” His father interrupted harshly, getting mad. Jinyoung gulped while staring at his father. He was frightened whenever his father was angry because he will hit him. Jinyoung thought for a while. If he was working in the city, he will free from his foster family. Furthermore, he hates it whenever their parents had a fight. Then, he slowly nodded his head.

------------------------------------------------

“Ma’am, this is the new maid. Park Jinyoung.” The middle-aged woman beside Jinyoung introduced him to the owner of the house. Jinyoung just nodded his head slowly.

“I’m Jinyoung, auntie...” Jinyoung said as he bowed to her. Mrs. Tuan widened his eyes as he heard him.

“What?! Auntie?! I’m the owner of this house, !” She scolded him, making Jinyoung gulped his saliva.

“I-I’m sorry, ma’am. M-My mistake.” Jinyoung stuttered as he looked at the floor.

“Yes, it is! Tidy this house quickly! Don’t be lazy!” Mrs. Tuan snapped and left him with another maid.

“Don’t mind her. She’s always like that. By the way, my name is Geurim. Just call me auntie, alright?” The middle-aged woman said while smiling. Jinyoung just smiled in return.

“Oh right! Come follow me to the kitchen before Mrs. Tuan get mad.” Geurim said as she lead the way to the kitchen. Jinyoung just followed behind her. As they reached at the kitchen, Geurim lend him a bucket of water and a mop.

“Where do I start?” Jinyoung asked her as he grab the things.

“At the living room.” Geurim answered him and gave him a small smile. Then, Jinyoung went to the living room.

“Woah, it’s so pretty...” Jinyoung said as he scanned the house. He sighed a bit before starting his work.