Chapter Ten

You're My Destiny

“What had you done?! Everything is wrong! Do it again!” Marks snapped as he checked Jinyoung’s report. Jinyoung just lowered his head. He suddenly remembered Mark’s tempered when he was a maid in his house.

“What are you waiting for?! Do it now!” Mark ordered as he threw the file on the table. Jinyoung quickly took it and went out from his office. He then sighed in relief as he took a seat at his table.

“Why is he angry?” Jaebum asked when he approached Jinyoung’s table. Jinyoung shrugged his shoulder and rubbed his cold hands together. His hands suddenly turned cold.

“Your hand is so cold. Are you okay?” Jaebum asked his best friend worriedly as he grabbed his cold hands. Jinyoung just nodded his head.

“I’m fine. Hmmm, I need to do this report again.” Jinyoung said while opening the file. Jaebum then patted his shoulder softly and walked to his own place. Jinyoung sighed softly. He knew he did it wrong but he did that on purpose because he hated working as Mark’s secretary. Mark’s face reminded him of his dark past. Especially when he got angry, the nightmare came again.

________________________________________________________________

“Jinyoungie, let’s have lunch together!” Jackson told Jinyoung as he slapped his shoulder softly from behind, making the latter startled a bit. Jinyoung then looked at his watch. It’s exactly lunch time! Maybe he was too busy to realize that.

“Err, I promised Jaebum-hyung already.” Jinyoung gave out his reason. He suddenly didn’t felt comfortable with Jackson especially after Geurim told him that Jackson may love him. Jinyoung really hoped Jackson only assumed him as a friend.

“Jinyoung-ah, my sister just asked me to eat with her. I forgot to tell you.” Jaebum said out of a sudden. Jinyoung gave him a look and Jaebum just smirked at him.

“Let’s go, Jinyoungie.” Jackson said, smiling a bit as he grabbed Jinyoung’s wrist and dragged him out. Jinyoung couldn’t do anything at that time and just followed his lead.

________________________________________________________________

Jackson stared at Jinyoung who seems fidgety on his seat.

“What do you want to eat?” Jackson asked him as a waiter approached them, making the latter thought for a while.

“You choose it for me. I will just eat.” Jinyoung answered him as he didn’t know what to eat.

“Ermm, how about we ordered this meal?” Jackson asked for Jinyoung’s opinion while pointing at the menu. Jinyoung took a look and nodded his head in agreement. Jackson told the waiter about the food and the waiter wrote on his small notebook. He then walked to the kitchen.

“Can I go to your house today? I promised Danny to play football with him.” Jackson started the conversation.

“No wonder he kept asking me to bring you to my house today. He wants to play football with his Jackson appa.” Jinyoung chuckled as he remembered how Danny whined yesterday. When Jinyoung told him Jackson was busy, he pouted.

“Danny is active. He didn’t even get tired easily.” Jackson said while smiling.

“Luckily you’re always there for him. I don’t really know how to play football.” Jinyoung told him truthfully. Then, the waiter approached their table and served the meals on the table.

“I’m happy with him.” Jackson said slowly. He stared at Jinyoung who started to eat. Jinyoung looked like he has many secrets. From the first time Jackson laid his eyes on him, he already knew he was in love with Jinyoung. When he found out Jinyoung already had a son, his love never faded away. In fact, he also loved Danny as his own son. He wanted to marry Jinyoung and be a dad for Danny. But he’s not sure if Jinyoung felt the same. Did Jinyoung ever love Danny’s real dad? Jackson was not sure about that because Jinyoung rarely talked about that man. The only thing that he knew is Jinyoung was by his employer’s son when he’s still working as a maid.

“Jinyoung-ah...” Jackson called his name slowly making the latter looked up to him.

“Yes?” Jinyoung asked him as he stopped eating. Jackson chuckled a little as he saw a sauce smeared a little near his lips. His hands automatically went to Jinyoung’s lips and wiped away the sauce using his thumb.

“W-What are you doing?” Jinyoung asked, stuttering a bit at the contact.

“You’re eating like a kid. So cute~” Jackson cooed at him while showing his thumb, making Jinyoung blushed a little.

“You can just tell me about it. I can wipe it myself.” Jinyoung said as he looked away from Jackson.

“But I want to.” Jackson as he grabbed Jinyoung’s hand, making Jinyoung turned his face to Jackson again. He felt uncomfortable at the contact and tried to pry away his hand from Jackson’s.

“Stay like this for a while.” Jackson said as he felt Jinyoung tried to let go. Jinyoung then looked at him straight into his eyes and Jackson just smiled at him.

“You know I’ll always stay by your side, right?” Jackson asked his thought out loud. Jinyoung looked at Jackson’s face as he heard that. Instead of answering, Jinyoung just nodded his head while giving Jackson his smile.

“You look better when smiling.” Jackson told him as he touched Jinyoung’s nose playfully making the latter chuckled a bit. Jackson really knows how to make Jinyoung happy. Then, they continued eating in silence.

____________________________________________________________________

“Danny, umma is here!” Jinyoung said when he saw Danny came out from the kindergarten. Danny giggled softly before running to his mom.

“Umma!” He exclaimed and kissed Jinyoung’s cheek, making Jinyoung smiled at his cuteness. Jackson then appeared beside Jinyoung.

“Hi Jackson appa~” Danny said happily.

“Hi Danny. Do you want to play football?” Jackson asked the little one. Danny then immediately nodded his head.

“Of course! Appa had promised to. Umma, can you go with us too?” Danny asked Jinyoung hopefully. Jinyoung just smile at him and nodded his head, making the kid jump in joy.

“Jackson appa, carry me?” Danny asked Jackson and Jackson instantly brought the little one in his arms as he let out a laugh.

“Danny, you’re big already.” Jinyoung teased his son but Danny just ignored him and laid his small head on Jackson’s shoulder. Jackson then smile at his action and started to walk away as he patted Danny’s back.

Jinyoung seems awed with Jackson’s treatment to his son. Geurim’s words suddenly replayed in his mind.

____________________________________________________________

“Auntie, you don’t have to work anymore. My salary is enough for us. Maybe it’s not that much, but it’s still enough for the three of us.” Jinyoung said as he sat on the floor, looking at Geurim who folded the clothes. Hearing that, Geurim stopped folding the clothes for a while.

“Ah, I don’t have to. Just save your money for Danny. Or you can use it for an emergency.” Geurim told Jinyoung.

“Auntie had helped me a lot all this time. Let me repay your kindness. Furthermore, I’d already assumed you as my own mother. I don’t have any relative in this world except you and Danny.” Jinyoung said as he thought of his past.

Jinyoung still remembered how hard Geurim worked while he was pregnant. At that time, only Geurim was working to earn their living. Jinyoung was prohibited to find a job for Danny’s safety.

“I also assumed you as my own son. Don’t worry about me. Beside, I’m bored being alone in this house. Danny is going to the kindergarten.” Geurim said.

“Okay, but if you don’t feel well, you must quit the job.” Jinyoung told her, making the latter smiled.

“Jinyoung-ah, if I leave this world, please take a good care of Danny. Find someone to be Daddy’s dad. If it’s possible, let Mark Tuan be your husband. I always pray for your happiness.” Geurim said out of a sudden.

“What are you saying? You’ll always here with us.” Jinyoung told her as he felt uneasy that Geurim talked about death.

“I’m already old enough.” Geurim reminded him.

“I don’t want to lose you, auntie.” Jinyoung said as he hugged Geurim. Geurim just smiled hearing that words and patted his back softly.

 

A/N : Sorry for the late update!

Happy reading~