Chapter Seventeen

You're My Destiny

Mark slammed his car’s door hardly. He then walked into his parents’ house with his anger. The argument with Jackson really made his anger boiled! It’s all Jinyoung’s fault!

“Mark, come here.” Mrs. Tuan who was sitting at the living room called his name as he spotted him entered the house. Mark looked at his mom lazily.

“Mama, I’m tired.” Mark gave out his reason but then when he looked his dad’s face, he forced himself to take a seat beside his mom.

“What is it?” Mark asked his parents as he loosens his necktie. He then leaned his tired back on the sofa and looked at his parents. Mrs. Tuan seems a bit fidgety on her seat while Mr. Tuan just looked calm.

“This is about Jinyoung.” Mrs. Tuan said, making Mark looked away.

“If mama and papa want me to apologize to him, forget about it! I’m not going to do that!” Mark told both of his parents as he got up on his feet. He decided to leave his parents and go to his room. He’s tired to argue about Jinyoung again. He argued with Jackson because of Jinyoung too!

“I’m not asking you to do that, but...” Mrs. Tuan’s words trailed off.

“But what?” Mark asked her lazily as he took a seat again. Mr. Tuan and Mrs. Tuan then looked at each other.

“Mama and papa want you to marry Jinyoung.” Mr. Tuan said sternly, making Mark got up on his feet instantly.

“What?! I don’t want to! Why should I marry a thief like him? It doesn’t make sense!” Mark said angrily and tried to make a way to his room but was stopped by Mr. Tuan.

“Listen to what we want to talk first.” Mr. Tuan said. Mark snorted harshly before sitting on the sofa again.

“Don’t you know he’s already had a son? Natalie is better than him!” Mark replied harshly, making Mrs. Tuan sighed a bit.

“That’s why we ask you to marry him.” Mrs. Tuan told his son. Mark then looked at his mom in disbelief.

“Why?! It’s really doesn’t make any sense!” Mark snapped. Mrs. Tuan then handed him a picture and Mark frowned a bit as he took it.

“Who’s this kid?” Mark asked as he looked at the picture. The kid looked so familiar. He looks like him!

“He’s Jinyoung’s son. Your son too.” Mrs. Tuan said calmly. Those words struck like lightning in Mark’s body. He then quickly got up from his seat.

“WHAT?!” Mark yelled in disbelief. Mrs. Tuan then pulled his hand to let him sit down again.

“What nonsense are you talking about?!” Mark snapped again. He really needs an explanation now!

“Let me explain. Actually, Jinyoung is not a thief. I just made up a story about him stealing my accessories to cover up the real reason why I fired him.” Mrs. Tuan explained to his son, making Mark froze a bit. Mark then looked at his dad who looked calm.

“Mama had told me everything 2 years ago.” Mr. Tuan told his son, making Mark ruffled his hair in frustration.

‘So, Jinyoung is not a thief? Arghh, what had I done?!’ Mark scolded himself. He suddenly felt guilty.

“So, why did you only tell me now? Why not earlier?” Mark asked as his voice turned softer. Jinyoung’s crying face suddenly appeared in his mind.

“Because Jinyoung was pregnant at that time and claimed that the child on his tummy is yours.” Mrs. Tuan explained to his son again, making Mark widened his eyes in disbelief.

“Nonsense!” Mark stated and Mrs. Tuan fidgets a bit.

“I didn’t believe it at first, but now...” Mrs. Tuan trailed off his words.

“But now what? You believe this nonsense?!” Mark snapped harshly.

“Don’t talk like that to your mom, Mark!” Mr. Tuan butted in. Mark just snorted in return.

“Geurim told me again as we met at the market. I didn’t believe it at first until she brought Danny with her. Danny is Jinyoung’s son and the kid really looks like you.” Mrs. Tuan explained. Mark massaged his forehead as he tried to digest his mom’s words.

“You believe it only because the kid looks like me?” Mark asked his mom.

“I’m not that stupid, Mark.” Mrs. Tuan told him.

“So, what exactly the thing that made you believe that?” Mark asked his mom lazily.

“What is this?” Mark asked as his dad handed him something.

“The DNA test. Mama and papa had checked it. We made this with Geurim and the result just came out yesterday.” Mr. Tuan answered. Mark widened his eyed as he read the result. Impossible!

“Danny is your son with Jinyoung.” Mr. Tuan said, making Mark went out from the house. His mind is a mess! Mark is really confused now. He then got into a car and drove away to a certain place.

 

A/N : Double update! Woohoo~ ^o^ Mark knew the truth already! What is Mark going to do? ;)