Chapter Sixteen

You're My Destiny

A week later...

Jinyoung knocked on the door slowly. He then sighed a little before entering Mark’s office room. He actually didn’t want to see his face.

“You want to quit this job?” Mark asked him with a smirk plastered on his face. Jinyoung just held his heart from getting mad.

“Yes...” Jinyoung answered him slowly; making Mark shook his head slightly.

“Why? Are you scared of me?” Mark asked in a mocking tone.

“Why should I scare of you?” Jinyoung asked him back, getting annoyed.

“So, why are you quitting?” Mark asked him again. Jinyoung let out a small sigh. Why didn’t Mark just let him go? He’s still sad with Geurim’s death. Jinyoung was also embarrassed after he slapped Mark’s face a week ago. When he was entering this office just now, everyone looked at him as if he was a criminal. Is slapping Mark a crime?

“You don’t have to know.” Jinyoung answered him. Mark then tidied his necktie and looked straight into Jinyoung’s eyes.

“I can’t accept your resignation. The situation is a bit busy right now. We don’t have a time to search for a new worker.” Mark asked calmly, making Jinyoung widened his eyes.

“I want to quit too.” Jinyoung told him. Hearing that, Mark smirked a little.

“It’s not that I don’t want to but you have to think about the company too. If you really want to quit, you have to wait a bit longer.” Mark simply said. Jinyoung gritted his teeth and went out from the office. He knows Mark only made up the reason so that he will keep trapped under him.

________________________________________________________________

“Jackson appa!” Danny ran toward Jackson with his big smile. Jackson then chuckled a bit as he brought Danny into his arms. He knew the little one missed him so much!

“Appa, where did you go all this while? I miss you!” Danny said as he looked at Jackson’s face.

“Jackson appa has a work to do, Danny.” Jinyoung answered him instead of Jackson. Danny just nodded his head. Then, the three of them went into Jackson’s car.

“Did you found the new job already?” Jackson asked as he started to drive away. Jinyoung just sighed a bit.

“No but I really want to find a new job.” Jinyoung answered him.

“Do you want me to help you?” Jackson asked in concern, making Jinyoung quickly shook his head.

“You don’t have to. You’re busy with your own work lately. Let me find it by myself.” Jinyoung rejected his offer. He didn’t want to burden Jackson with his problem again. The car then stopped in front of Jinyoung’s house and Jinyoung then got out from the car with Danny.

“Don’t you want to drink first?” Jinyoung offered. Before Jackson could answer him, his phone rang. Jackson instantly picked up the phone. Jinyoung just looked at Jackson who was talking with someone through the line.

“I’m sorry, Jinyoung-ah. I have to go now. Something caught up.” Jackson said with a hint of guilt. Jinyoung then shook his head.

“It’s okay, Jackson-ah. Danny, wave a goodbye to Jackson appa.” Jinyoung asked Danny who was standing beside him.

“Bye, Jackson appa~” Danny said cheerfully as he wave his small hand to Jackson’s direction. Jackson just smile when he saw how Danny acted and wave to him too before he drove away. Jinyoung then brought Danny into his house.

_____________________________________________________________

Mark took a glance at his watch for the nth time. He leaned his back on the chair. He then spotted a girl was watching him while smiling at him. Mark just returned the smile.

“Ah...” Mark sighed as he ruffled his hair slightly. His mind is a mess right now.

“Why do you want to meet me?” Jackson suddenly asked him as he appeared in front of him. Jackson looked uneasy when he took a seat in front of Mark.

“Why? Can’t I meet you anymore?” Mark shot him a glare.

“I’m busy.” Jackson answered him shortly.

“Busy flirting with Jinyoung?” Mark asked sarcastically.

“Hmm, maybe.” Jackson replied his best friend. He didn’t look at Mark’s face. Maybe he felt uneasy after what had Mark done to Jinyoung. Mark then looked at him sceptically.

“Are you out of your mind? He’s not a nice guy!” Mark told Jackson. Hearing that, Jackson’s anger started to boil.

“How did you know that he’s not a nice guy?” Jackson asked as his hand clenched into a fist. Mark then let out a laugh.

“He worked as a maid at my house 4 years ago. He’s a thief, you know. He stole my mom’s accessories.” Mark said, making Jackson looked straight into his eyes. Jackson was a bit shocked at the accusation. Jinyoung will never do that. Jackson was sure that Mark just made up the story.

“I don’t believe it.” Jackson answered him shortly. Those words made Mark crossed his arm as he held his anger. Maybe in Jackson’s eyes Jinyoung is always nice. Mark admitted that Jinyoung is prettier than before but Mark didn’t like his attitude. What made Mark angrier is Jackson now didn’t believe his words.

“It’s your right, but I’m just telling the truth. My mom told me. It’s not that my mom will lie about this thing, right?” Mark said again, not giving up. Jackson snorted as he heard that.

“I knew Jinyoung well. He wouldn’t do something like that.” Jackson replied to him. He’s really not in a mood to treat Mark’s attitude right now. Why did he hate Jinyoung too much? Isn’t it still not enough after what had he done towards him?

“Do you really know him? He already had a son! You still love him?!” Mark asked harshly. Jackson tried to hide the fact that he was a bit shocked that Mark knew about Danny.

‘How dare he say that? He started all of this!’ Jackson thought angrily.

“Yes. I already knew that.” Jackson said calmly even though his heart was burned in anger.

“Are you crazy?! Do you want someone cheap like that to be your partner? You even didn’t know who that kid’s father is! You still believe he is a nice guy?!” Mark exclaimed in angry as he slammed his hand on the table. Those words made Jackson shot him a death glare.

“Do you want to know who that kid’s father is?” Jackson asked sarcastically.

“Do you know?” Mark asked him back casually. His heart suddenly beat faster as he wanted to know it badly. Jackson then ruffled his hair harshly. He almost spilled the bean!

“Forget about it.” Jackson said as he looked away. Mark suddenly felt uneasy.

“Is it you?” Mark asked him as he quirked his eyebrows.

“What?” Jackson asked him back in confusion, making Mark smirked a little.

“Are you the kid’s father? I didn’t expect it.” Mark said in a mocking tone. Hearing those words, Jackson slammed his hand hard on the table.

“I’m not like you!” Jackson snapped at his so called best friend then went out of the place with his red face as he was boiled in anger. Not long after that, Mark got up from his seat angrily and walked out from the place.

A/N : Sorry for the late update! *deep bow*