Chapter Eleven

You're My Destiny

“Finish it by tomorrow!” Mark told Jinyoung as he raised his voice. His eyes followed Jinyoung who went out from his room. Out of a blue, his phone rang and Mark answered the phone lazily.

“Honey, what are you doing?” A sweet voice said through the phone, making Mark smiled a little. It was Natalie, his girlfriend.

“I’m working right now. Why do you call me?” Mark asked the girl.

“Can’t I call you? I just want to tell you that I’ve arrived in Korea!” Natalie said excitedly. That statement made Mark’s smile turned wider.

“Really? We’ll meet this evening, alright?” Mark asked her as he glanced at his watch. Natalie then chuckled at the other line, making Mark quirked his eyebrows.

“I’m already at your office. Meet you at there. Bye!” She said before the line went off. Mark then looked at his phone weirdly. After a while, a beautiful girl entered his room and kissed his cheek.

“Why are you here, Nat?” Mark asked her.

“I miss you. I only went for a week and I really miss you a lot!” Natalie said.

“Really?” Mark , making the girl slapped his shoulder softly.

“Of course! Don’t you miss me? Or you went out with someone else? I can’t really trust you.” Natalie said sarcastically. Mark just chuckled hearing her words.

____________________________________________________________

Jinyoung who watched the scene scoffed slightly. For 2 months he worked in this office, he often saw the girl with Mark.

“She’s beautiful...” Jinyoung mumbled his thought out loud.

Mark had been in a relationship with that girl for almost 1 year. Jinyoung heard that Mark will marry her by the end of this year. Mark is not a player anymore. He was learning to be loyal.

Not that Jinyoung care anyway. About Danny, let it be a secret from Mark. Danny didn’t need a worse dad like him. Just let Danny thought that he has a kind dad that loved him.

“She’s beautiful, right? They’re suitable for each other.” Hani said slowly while looking through the transparent wall. Jinyoung just nodded his head.

“She’s a model and an actress. Of course she’s beautiful.” Jinyoung told her as he glanced at his watch. It’s time to go home. Today, Jinyoung wanted to bring Danny to the mall to buy his clothes. He then shut down his laptop and slung his bag on his shoulder as he got up on his feet.

“You’re going home already?” Jaebum asked him.

“Yes. I had promised Danny to buy him clothes today.” Jinyoung replied him while smiling. Jaebum already knew about Danny. Jinyoung had told everything to him. Jinyoung thought that if Jaebum knew the truth, he will avoid him but it’s not. Jaebum even got closer to Danny. But Jaebum still didn’t know that Danny’s biological dad is Mark Tuan.

“You really love him a lot, right? Danny is so lucky.” Jaebum , making Jinyoung let out a small laugh.

“Of course I love him. He’s my only son. Who didn’t love their child?” Jinyoung told his best friend. Jaebum just chuckled hearing those words.

“I’ve got to go now. The taxi might full already.” Jinyoung said as he made his way to the door. Jackson then appeared through the door, blocking his way.

“Why are you rushing?” Jackson asked the latter as he quirked his eyebrows.

“I want to go home.” Jinyoung answered his question and once again made his way to the door. Jackson just nodded his head while following Jinyoung. Jinyoung then stopped his step as he sense someone was following him. He turned around and spotted Jackson standing behind him. Jackson then smiled at him.

“Why are you following me?” Jinyoung asked him, making Jackson quirked his eyebrows.

“I’m sending you home.” Jackson simply said. Jinyoung quickly shook his head.

“You don’t need to. I can go home with taxi.” Jinyoung told him.

“Just go with Jackson, Jinyoung-ah. It’s not that taxi always on time.” Jaebum suddenly appeared beside Jackson, making Jinyoung widened his eyes.

“Jaebum is right. Furthermore, Danny had asked me to go to the mall together tonight.” Jackson told him. Jinyoung then nodded his head in understanding.

‘No wonder Danny looked so happy last night.’ Jinyoung monologue in his heart.

“What are you waiting for?” Jaebum said as he pushed Jinyoung beside Jackson. Then he walked passed Jackson and whispered something to Jackson’s ear.

“I’m on your side.” Jaebum whispered slowly. Jackson then grinned and took Jinyoung’s hand in his. Jinyoung just sighed in defeat and followed his step.