Chapter Thirty-Seven

You're My Destiny

“Nat, don’t make a commotion here. Let’s talk outside.” Mark said as he grabbed her arm but Natalie snatched away her arm from Mark.

“Don’t you dare to touch me! This kid, is he really your son like peoples said?” Natalie glared at him. Mark just stared at her for a while.

“Damn you, Mark! Answer me!” Natalie snapped at him and glared at Jinyoung. Jinyoung looked uncomfortable with the glare and gulped his saliva a few times. He then looked at Mark, signalling him to deny it.

“Yes. This kid is mine.” Mark said calmly. He just ignored the ‘look’ that Jinyoung gave him. Mark stared at Natalie who bit her lip. He didn’t mean Natalie know about this with this way. He had made a decision to tell her the truth and broke off their engagement but the accident happened.

“How could you?! How long you had an affair with him, huh?!” Natalie snapped at Jinyoung, making the latter shook his head.

“Miss, Mark didn’t have any relationship with me.” Jinyoung tried to explain, making Natalie let out a sarcastic laugh.

“Oh, didn’t have any relationship? If not, this kid will never born!” Natalie stated and looked at Danny who’s lying on the bed. She never believes peoples saying that Mark had a son with Jinyoung. She trusted Mark more. But her trust towards Mark decreases as Mark rarely treats her lately. If she asked him out, he always gave out his reasons. And worse, Mark didn’t even answer her phone call now. She almost fainted just now as she looked at the kid’s face. The kid resembled Mark a lot.

“Natalie...” Mark’s patient had gone over the limit. He hates it when Natalie insulted Jinyoung and Danny. Before he can talk, Natalie slapped his cheek hard making Jinyoung gasped a little.

“You didn’t deserve me!” Natalie exclaimed angrily. Jinyoung then took a deep breath.

“Miss, I think you should talk with Mark outside. My son is sick.” Jinyoung told her.

“There’s no need! Mark Tuan, if you thought that I will beg on your feet to leave Jinyoung and back to me, you’re wrong!” Natalie snapped as she approached Mark. Then, her hand reached at the jug on the small cupboard and splashed the water on Mark’s face.

“Miss...” Jinyoung widened his eyes as he saw that. Mark just closed his eyes when the water splashed to his face.

“I don’t want to see your face anymore!” Natalie stated as pulled out her engagement’s ring and threw it to Mark’s direction. She then immediately went out from the room. Jinyoung just remained silent as he saw the rigid Mark.

“Oh my... What happened to you, Mark?” Mrs. Tuan asked him as she saw Mark’s condition when she went inside the room with her husband. Jackson was coming too and stared at his best friend.

“My fiancée just broke off our engagement.” Mark answered and wiped his face, making Mr. Tuan and Mrs. Tuan looked at each other. Then, silence air filled inside the room.

“Umma...” A small voice filled the silence air. Jinyoung quickly went to his son and grabbed his small hand. He’s so grateful that Danny finally awake.

“Danny.” Jinyoung called out his name.

“Umma, it’s hurt...” Danny’s eyes started to brim with tears. Without Jinyoung realizing, his tears was flowing from his eyes.

“Don’t cry, honey. You’ll recover soon.” Jinyoung reassured his son and kissed his forehead as he missed the kid too much.

________________________________________________

Jinyoung was feeding Danny with a piece of apple. The cut on his little body is slowly recovering.

“Danny, you can go home this evening~” Jaebum suddenly appeared in the room and kissed both of Danny’s cheeks.

“Yeay~ I miss my bed!” Danny said excitedly as he clapped his hands like a seal. Jinyoung just smiled seeing his cute action. When he looked at Danny’s bruise on his little body, guilty slowly eating him. If only he gripped on Danny’s tightly, this wouldn’t have happened.

“Umma is sorry, Danny.” Jinyoung hugged his only son, making Danny confused. Danny didn’t understand what did Jinyoung sorry about.

“Jackson appa!” Danny exclaimed happily, making Jinyoung flinched a little. Jinyoung turned his head to the door and saw Jackson with Mrs. Wang. He then lowered his head. What is Mrs. Wang doing here? Is she going to insult him again?

“How are you today, Danny? Let me hug you.” Jackson brought Danny in his arms. Danny just giggled cutely at him.

“Jackson appa, can you hang out with me today?” Danny asked innocently. Jackson nodded his head and kissed his cheek as he misses the voice so much.

“Jinyoung-ah.” Mrs. Wang approached Jinyoung. Jinyoung looked at her. If he could, he can pretend that he didn’t hear her. But he still respects Mrs. Wang. At least she once treated him nice.

“How are you, auntie?” Jinyoung forced himself to let out the question.

“I’m fine. I have something to discuss with you.” Mrs. Wang said as a smile plastered on her face.

“Err... Auntie.” Jinyoung was hesitated. He then looked at Jackson and Jackson just nodded his head to him.

“Danny, I’m going out for a while. Don’t be naughty, okay?” Jinyoung pinched his son’s cheek softly before following Mrs. Wang from behind.

__________________________________________________

“What’s the matter, auntie?” Jinyoung asked her softly.

“I want to apologize.” Mrs. Wang lowered her head. Hearing that, Jinyoung was a bit taken aback but he remained silent.

“I know I hurt you a lot, but I’m a bit disappointed because both of you didn’t tell the truth to me. I thought that it was the best for Jackson, but I was wrong. I’m sorry, Jinyoung-ah.” Mrs. Wang stated.

“I forgive you, auntie...” Jinyoung said slowly.

“Jackson and Mark...” Mrs. Wang’s didn’t finish her words when she saw Jinyoung shook his head.

“I just want to make Danny happy, auntie. I almost lose him. I don’t want to think about them now.” Jinyoung heaved a sigh.

“Alright, auntie. Let me introduce you to Danny. He likes meeting new people.” Jinyoung smiled and got up on his feet. Mrs. Wang just nodded her head in agreement and got up on her feet too.

_______________________________________________

“What are you going to do now, Mark?” Mrs. Tuan asked his son. Mark turned silent for a while.

“I don’t know, ma. Just let Jinyoung and Danny go home first. I don’t think Jinyoung wants to meet me.” Mark answered slowly. He heard Jinyoung and Mrs. Wang’s conversation a while ago. Looks like Mrs. Wang already accepted Jinyoung.

“Can I have an ice-cream?” Mark suddenly heard Danny’s voice and took a glance inside the room. Danny looks very happy with Jackson. It was a big lie if Mark said he didn’t felt anything. He was jealous and slightly hurts at the sight. It looks like Danny already assumed Jackson as his own dad and Mark looks like a stranger between them.

“Mark, don’t be like this. Jackson already closed with Danny since little. Of course he loves his uncle.” Mrs. Tuan seems like she can read what’s on Mark’s mind. Mark then leaned his back against the wall.

“But Jinyoung is unfair, ma. I don’t know when he will tell Danny that I’m his dad. I want to know how it feels when Danny calls me appa. Is it wrong?” Mark sighed. Maybe he was acting childish and impatient but he wants to be a part of his son’s life. Mark doesn’t want his only son treated him like a stranger in his life.

“Be patient, Mark. I’m sure Jinyoung will tell Danny one day. If you’re acting like this-“

“I know, ma. I know.” Mark cut of her words.

“Let’s go, Danny. We’re going.” Mark heard Jinyoung’s voice. He didn’t know why but he really loves Jinyoung’s voice. Mark then looked inside the room. Jinyoung was bringing Danny’s small luggage. Mark wants to help him but Jackson beats him to it.

“Let me hold that.” Jackson tried to get the bag from Jinyoung.

“You don’t have to.” Jinyoung smiled at Jackson. That smile, Jinyoung never smile like that to Mark. Mark felt a thousand of needle piercing in his heart.

“Jackson appa, carry me?” Danny whined and Jackson gladly brought him in his arms.

“Mark.” Mrs. Tuan tapped his shoulder and shook her head slowly. Mark didn’t realize that his hand already clenched into a tight fist. Mark then walked away from the place. Maybe Jinyoung is not the one for him. A tear started to fall on Mark’s cheek as he thought of that.

A/N : Huwaaaaaaa!! I want Markjin so bad!!!!!!!! T^T