Chapter Thirty-Five

You're My Destiny

Jinyoung’s heart suddenly beat faster than usual. He knew something bad had happened. But what? Then, he felt his whole body was paralyzed and it was dark in the room. Why did his head felt heavy? Why did he seem trying hard to breath, as if there’s a big stone on his chest?

“Jinyoung-ah...” He heard a voice calling for his name, but he couldn’t open his eyes.

“Jinyoung-ah...” That voice came again. But now a light slowly lighten the room. He then opened his eyes slowly and blinked his eyes repeatedly.

“Jinyoung-ah, are you awake?” It was Jackson’s voice. Jinyoung stared at Jackson for a long time in confusion. What exactly had happened?

“Jackson, what-“ Jinyoung tried to sit up but his whole body felt hurt, especially his head.

“Jinyoung-ah, lie down first. You’re still weak.” Jackson pushed him softly to the bed again.

“Why am I-“ Jinyoung didn’t finish his words as he suddenly remembered something. His face turned pale. Danny!

“Jackson-ah, where’s Danny?” Jinyoung quickly asked while grabbing Jackson’s arm. He was so scared. He still remembered how Danny flings away from his grip when the collision happened.

“Jinyoung-ah, you have to calm down. Mark had gone to see his condition. He-“ Jackson couldn’t finish his words as Jinyoung got up from the bed even though his body felt flying. Jackson tried to stop him, but his hand got parried by Jinyoung.

As Jinyoung wanted to get out from the room, his body felt so weak. Luckily there’s an arm to save him from falling. Jinyoung lowered his head as his head was throbbing like hell.

“Jinyoung-ah, rest for a while.” Jinyoung’s eyes blinked repeatedly when he heard that voice. It was Mark’s voice and he quickly looked up to his face.

“Sir! How is Danny? He’s okay, right?” Jinyoung bombarded him with questions, but Mark just remained silent. He still didn’t let go of Jinyoung.

“Nothing happened to Danny, right?” Jinyoung asked while biting his lip. His eyes suddenly brimmed with tears. Jinyoung got an unexpected reaction from Mark. Mark smiled at him. A small smile.

“Danny is alright, Jinyoung-ah. Calm down.” Mark tried to bring Jinyoung back to his room but the latter struggled from his grip. Jinyoung shot him a glare.

“I want to see him myself. I want to see my son.” Jinyoung’s tears fell as he said that.

“Danny had received the treatment. Jaebum is with Danny right now. You better have some rest now.” Mark said while still having Jinyoung in his embrace.

“I don’t care! I want to see him!” Jinyoung was being stubborn.

“You can see Danny, but promise me first. After you see him, you will take a rest.” Mark told him as he wiped away Jinyoung’s tears.

“Jinyoung-ah...” Jackson trailed off his words when he saw the scene in front of him. Mark with Jinyoung. His heart hurts as he thought of how perfect them being together.

“You can’t go if you not promise me.” Mark added, making Jinyoung looked at his face. Mark looked so tired and pale.

“So, promise me?” Mark asked as he put out his little finger to Jinyoung.

“Promise.” Jinyoung said and linked his little finger with Mark’s.

________________________________________________________

“Danny...” Jinyoung bit his lips as he approached his son. Danny’s breath was slow. One of his arms was bandaged and Jinyoung could see the bruise on his small body. Why did so many tube attached to his hand?

“Honey, wake up. Umma is here.” Jinyoung said softly while caressing Danny’s hair. Tears started to flow from his eyes.

“What’s wrong with Danny? He looks...” Jinyoung trailed off his words. Mark slung his arm around his shoulder as he tried to soothe him.

“Danny is still a kid. His body couldn’t take the pressure and the bump from the collision.” Mark said softly and wiped away Jinyoung’s tears.

“It’s my entire fault. If I gripped tightly on him, this wouldn’t happen.” Jinyoung blamed himself, making Mark bit his lip as he saw Jinyoung’s tears kept flowing.

“Danny, please wake up... Umma is here.” Jinyoung sobbed. He couldn’t bear seeing his son in this condition.

“Danny loses a lot of blood. This hospital didn’t have enough blood so Mark donated his blood for Danny.” Jackson who remained silence started to talk. Hearing that, he looked at Mark’s face which closed to him. His heart suddenly beats faster than usual. No wonder Mark looks so pale and tired.

“Thank you...” Jinyoung said softly while looking straight into Mark’s eyes. Mark then looked away from him and got up on his feet.

“You don’t have to. Danny is my son too.” Mark replied him and went to the door. As he was outside the room, his tears started to fall. He can’t live without Jinyoung and Danny.

__________________________________________________________

Danny’s condition is getting worse day by day. Jinyoung was afraid if something bad will happen to his son. He was afraid to lose his son. All he can do is waiting.

“Jinyoung-ah, you need a rest too.” Jaebum told him. Jaebum never leave Jinyoung alone after the accident.

“I’m scared, hyung. What if he...” Jinyoung didn’t finish his word as his tears started to pour again. Jaebum then pulled him into his embrace and kissed his head softly. Jinyoung was so grateful that his best friend is always here for him. Mark and Jackson too, they never leave Jinyoung alone. Even Mr. Tuan and Mrs. Tuan visit him at the hospital.

“Danny will never leave us.” Jackson said sofly.

“He knows his umma was worried of him.” Mark continued Jackson’s words. Honestly, he was also worried about Danny.

For Mark and Jackson, they can’t look weak in front of Jinyoung. Jackson had been closed to Danny since he’s still a baby, he couldn’t bear to see Danny’s condition. Meanwhile for Mark, he felt guiltier. He still doesn’t hear Danny calling him appa and fix everything between Jinyoung and him. From outside, Mark may look calm. But he was so scared. Is there any chance for him?