The School and Her Friends

The Gift

Author's POV

Dara arrived 30 minutes after her first class started. She sneakily walked at the back of their room when her teacher called her.

Oops! "I'm so sorry I am late Jinu-seonsaengnim. I promise I would not do it again." Dara bowed a lot of times.

Jinu sighed. Dara was one of his favorite students as she was intelligent and kind to all. "Let's talk after class. Go to your seat."

"Neh, seonsaengnim. Mianhae seonsaengnim."

When she sat in her seat, a certain red-haired girl talked to her in a soft voice.

"Tokki, why are you late? This is the first time I have seen you late in class." Park Bom or Bommie said.

"I will tell you after class, Bommie." Dara smiled sheepishly.

"You better be. You looked like a mess now."

"If I were you, I would listen to seonsaengnim if you do not want another punishment. But you better tell us the story after class Santokki." Lee Chaerin or CL said without looking at them. Dara and Bom just giggled and listened to their seonsaengnim.

Few hours passed by and Dara did not notice that she slept during class. Her classmates did not wake her up as adviced by Jinu but asked to tell her to visit the faculty office after class. Her friends sighed and looked at Dara with worried look.

After class, Dara left directly to the faculty office to meet Jinu. While CL and Bom were left in the classroom waiting for their precious friend.

"I hope she won't be punished. I mean, it's just her first time, ever. I hope they will consider this one." Bom said worriedly.

"I am sure they will. They are just concern about her and her grades. You know, being one of the top students. They value her. They also know her situation so I know they would consider." CL said.

"I do hope so."

 

In the Faculty Room

"Dara, what happen? This is the first time I saw you late and slept in my class. Are you having problems lately? Do you know it would affect your grades and scholarship?" Jinu asked nonstop since they are the only people in the faculty room.

"I am so sorry seonsaengnim. I do promise I won't do it again. It's just that I am tired." Dara looked on the floor as if there was something interesting on the floor.

"I know you are working Dara." Dara was shocked. Only her friends know that she was working and she was sure that her friends would not say anything about her worked. She could not utter a word. "I know cause I have been buying cakes on the store where you are working. I perfectly know that you, scholars, are not allowed to work for you to focus on studying and maintain your grades. I have high hopes on you Dara."

Dara was about to answer when Jinu said something that shocked her again. "Are you getting all the hard works in that shop? If you like I can hire you. Well, not as what you think but I can hire you to clean my apartment after your school. I would give you time for your studies while you earn money by working on cleaning my apartment."

"I appreciate your concern seonsaengnim, but I am perfectly fine with my current work. I would just like to ask you to keep it as a secret as it is my only way of living. We are poor in Busan seonsaengnim and I want to achieve my goals to help my family. Please seonsaengnim, do not tell anyone. I promise you that this will not happen again. Jeh-bahl." Dara begged.

"I perfectly understand Dara. You do not have to worry, your secret is safe with me. Just promise me not to sleep again in my class and continue getting high grades. If you change your mind, the offer is always welcome. I'm just too tired to clean my apartment." Jinu smiled.

"How about asking your girlfriend to clean your apartment Jinu-seonsaengnim?" Dara said slyly.

"You sly rabbit. Go back to your friends." Jinu shoo her away shyly.

 

Back in the classroom

"What took you so long Tokki?" Bommie said while munching her favorite corn.

Dara just smiled at her friend and told them the story right from the very beginning which was from the morning's little accident. They were worried about her but she assured them that she was fine.

"So, did you asked for his name? Is he handsome? Is he rich?" Bommie asked slyly.

"Uhmm, no. I forgot to ask and why should I ask? Handsome? kinda... Rich? Definitely but I don't care." Dara just shrugged.

"We don't know. You may see him again." Bom smirked.

"Dara, aren't you going to be late in your work?" CL interrupted.

"Omo! Ottoke!!!! Goodbye! See yah tomorrow!" Dara left in a blink of an eye.

"So what are we going to do now?" CL asked while staring outside the window, looking at Dara's leaving shadow.

"Why don't you just hang out with me Chaerin-ah?" Lee Seung-hyun or Seungri put his hands around CL's shoulder.

Ew! "Get off me you freakin' Panda. And don't call me Chaerin as if we are close! Let's go Bom." She walked out dragging Bom with her.

"I am still talking to TOP." It was my chance. she pouted since it was her chance to talk to her long time crush which was Choi Seung-hyun or TOP.

"See you tomorrow Bom! Bye Chae!" TOP waved at them. Boom blushed while CL just glare at them.

 


I am currently at work now while writing this. I hope you enjoy it so far.