The News

The Gift

 

 

sorry for the lame title x.x

 

 


 

 

Later that day, Dara went home and straight to her room without greeting everyone in the house which was very unusual for them. Eun-Ju and Cheondung were worried while YG was just observing. After few minutes, Jiyong arrived sadly. During dinner, the two were just silent while the others were observing them.

"So, how was the shop today, Ji?" YG tried to break the silence. He got used to the joyful dinner they had since Dara became part of their family.

Jiyong looked down. "I did not go to the shop today, Dad."

YG raised his eyebrow. "And why is that?"

"I searched for Dara, Dad. That is why I did not go to the store." Dara got stiffed when Jiyong said that. She knew very well why Jiyong was searching for her.

"Dear, where have you been?" Eun-Ju held Dara's hand. They were all thinking now that there was a problem.

Cheondung knew so well what happened as he was also studying on the same school. He was happy that finally confessed, though not personally and directly, he was still happy. "Noona, the girls were worried about you. Where have you been?"

"Sandara Park, where have you been? Did you not go to your classes today?" Eun-Ju eyed Dara.

Dara cringed at her mother. "Mianhae Omma. I just needed to think about things."

"Please do not scold Dara, Omma... It's all my fault." Jiyong stopped Eun-Ju from asking more questions. He knew that if he would not stop her, she would ask more questions to Dara which he knew that make Dara uncomfortable. Eun-Ju's eyes were questioning him but he doesn't know how to explain it all.

"Dara, Jiyong, I want to talk to you to the library after our dinner." YG announced.

"Ne, Appa/Dad." Dara and Jiyong said.

 

In the library, both Jiyong and Dara were silent while YG was just watching them. He felt that the atmosphere was getting awkward.

"Dad, what do you want to talk about?" Jiyong breaking the silence.

"Do we have a problem here?" YG eyed Dara.

"Ani... Aniyo, Appa." Dara looked down, unable to face YG.

"Are you sure about it Dara?" Dara nodded. "Where have you been while you did not go to school?"

"I went to Han River, Appa." Still not looking at YG.

"Why did you went there?"

"Dad, I can explain."

"I am not asking you, Jiyong." YG glared at Jiyong.

"I need to think about many things, Appa. There is always time in months when I wanted to be alone and think and reflect on things that happened on my life." Dara reasoned out.

"Is that really all?"

"Ne, Appa... Can I leave now, Appa? I'm not feeling well."

"Yes, you can leave now. Rest well, Dara."

"Ne, Appa." Dara left and went directly to her room.

"She's really avoiding me." Jiyong sighed.

"So what is this about, Jiyong?" YG focused on Jiyong who was sighing and massaging his nape.

"I accidentally confessed to her and the whole school heard it." Jiyong muttered.

"What?!" YG stood up. "Why would you confess to her? She's your sister, Jiyong."

"Because I love her, Dad. The reason why I could not keep my eyes off her profile is not because I want her to be my sister but because I fell in love with her at first sight."

"Jiyong, what have you been up to whole time..." YG massage his temple. He was not expecting this but loved the idea of his son falling in love.

"Dad, I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong idea but I love her and it's getting stronger everyday."

"So what are you planning now?" YG stood up and looked outside the window.

"I will try to talk to her but if she continues to avoid me, I don't know what to do, Dad." Jiyong slumped his face on his hands.

"Everything will be alright. Try talking to her. Tell me if it would not work." YG smiled at Jiyong and patted his shoulder before he left.

 

On the very next day, the group noticed the awkwardness of the 2 (Jiyong and Dara) so they decided to divide the group and talk to each. The boys talked to Jiyong while the girls talked to Dara. The girls went to their favorite place while the boys went to the rooftop.

"Dara-ah, aren't you happy that Jiyong finally confessed?" Bom finally spoke.

"I don't know, Bommie. To think that he was just forced to confess..."

"Unnie, can't you really see? He loves you to the core! Why can't you feel that?" Minzy finally snapped out.

"We know you love him, Dara. So, why are you hesitating?" CL broke her silence.

"I know you will hate me for my reason." Dara looked on the other way.

"Dara, tell us. We are your friends. We will advice you if you are wrong and of course we will not hate you. It's impossible to hate you, you know?" Byul held Dara's hand. "Trust us."

"You know that I trust you guys. It's just that... I don't know YG-sajangnim can accept it when he was only looking for a daughter." Dara buried her face on her palms.

"Think on the brighter side, unnie. If he was looking for a daughter before, you will still be considered as his daugher once you are married with Jiyong-oppa right?" Yuri tried to joke around.

"Yuri's right, you know. You will soon be his daughter once you and Jiyong got married." Bom clapped her hands like a child.

"You're not helping Bommie-ah." Dara grumbled.

"But honestly Dara, there is really nothing to worry about. YG-sajangnim loves you and would surely accept you if you accept Oppa's feelings." CL hugged Dara.

 

On the other hand, the boys were just there sitting, didn't know what to say until Seungri broke their silence.

"So how are you and noona, hyung?" Seungri faced Jiyong who was looking up the sky.

"I don't know. She keeps on avoiding me. I really wanted to talk to her and confess to her properly but she won't let me talk and try to avoid when I try to talk about the topic." He was still looking at the sky.

"Why not try trapping her in a room and confess right there and then?" Seungri suggested which earned a smack from the others.

"You and your stupid ideas." TOP glared at him.

"I was just trying to help." TOP smacked his head again.

"I don't want to scare her. I guess it would be best for me to accept Dad's offer." Jiyong sighed. (A/N: Jiyong sighed a lot, right?)

"What offer are you talking about?" Se7en finally spoke up.

"After our talk with dad yesterday, dad talked to me again this morning before I left for school."

"I thought you were with Dara-noona when you went to school this morning?" Seungri butted in.

"Shut up, rat." Taeyang sent him a deathly glare which made Seungri raised his hands in surrender.

"He said they if I like and wanted time, he will send me to Japan to manage the stores there since I was being successful here in Korea." Jiyong continued.

"Are you serious about that? You won't miss Dara?" TOP faced Jiyong.

"Yes, I am. Maybe with this and when I come back, she would talk to me normally again. I miss seeing her smile. If this will make her happy then I would gladly do it... for her..."

"Do you think she would be happy with this, Jiyong? Don't you think this will hurt her more?" Se7en glared at Jiyong. He knew so well that it will hurt Dara.

"I hate seeing her like this, hyung. I don't want her to avoid me. I want to stay the same." Unknowingly, Jiyong's tear fell while still looking up the sky and it shocked his friends. He then faced his friends with tears in his eyes while smiling and said. "I am willing to sacrifice my happiness just for her to be happy again." With that, he left and went to talk to his father.

"I want to do something for them, hyung..." Seungri complained sadly.

"We feel the same way, Seungri." Daesung said and left with the other boys.

 

 

That night, the Kwon family have lots of food to eat like they were having a feast.

"Are we celebrating any birthday or anniversary, Appa?" Dara looked at YG happily.

"Well, there is no birthday or anniversary today, Dara. In fact, this is a farewell party." YG smiled at Dara while Jiyong was quietly watching them.

"F-farewell... p-party?" She was getting nervous now.

"Who's leaving, Hyun-suk? You should have told us sooner so we can prepare a farewell gift." Eun-Ju tried to smile. She knew it was something that would hurt her Dara.

"Actually, I offered Jiyong to handle the Japan branches of our cakeshop since he was successful here in the main branch. I told him to think about it before he accepts the offer and just today, he told me that he would accept the offer." YG looked at Dara who was now looking Jiyong while Jiyong was looking below. "He would leave tomorrow morning."

Silence ruled them when suddenly, Dara dropped her spoon which broke the silence.

"Mian..." was all Dara could say. Sadness was written all over her face. Cheondung was looking at Jiyong like he wanted to kill him. Eun-Ju was looking worried at Dara. YG, on the other hand, was kind of enjoying the view. Jiyong was still looking below. In few minutes, Dara stood up which made all of them look at her. She then excused herself with tears on her face.

Jiyong was about to follow Dara when YG stopped him and shook his head.

 

 


 

 

sorry for being mean xD