Sister?

The Gift

Author's POV

Everyone in the cake shop was stunned of the announcement of Jiyong. They knew Dara deserved it and badly needed it, but they were sad since Dara was the one who puts the smile on their faces. They all looked down, sad. This did not escaped Dara's eyes. She hated it when they are sad especially because of her.

"Yeoreobun, it's not that I will be gone in the shop forever. I will come here as often as I can. Besides, Jiyong will be here always. As his assistant, I will be here as well." Dara beamed them with her beautiful smile which made them lighthearted.

"Unnie, I will miss you here in the counter. For sure our valued customers would miss you as well." Minzy hugged Dara tightly. Minzy was right. Most of their customers would love to come to their store due to Dara's contagious smile. When Dara smiles, they could not help but smile as well.

 

Few days after, Dara moved in to YG's mansion with the help of her friends and Jiyong. She kept her head low as she entered the mansion. YG welcomed her with his warm smile. YG may be strict when it comes to work, but Dara knew that it would be for them. They all liked their sajangnim. While Dara kept her head low, her friends dropped their jaws in awe as they saw the huge interior of the mansion.

"Wow hyung! I never knew you were this rich." Seungri said in awe. CL just smacked his head to shut him up.

"You guys can leave the boxes there. Let the maids handle it for you." YG smiled at them and faced Jiyong. "Son, why don't you tour them around the house for the meantime. The snacks will be ready after your tour."

Jiyong toured them around and when they got tired, they took their snacks in the garden.

"I won't worry a lot on you now, Dara, knowing that you will be living in this huge mansion." Seven said while he sip on his tea.

"There is nothing to worry about, Ven-oppa. I can take care of myself." Dara said shyly.

"Really? I wonder if you really can...kekekeke" Bom teased.

"Indeed, this place is better than your apartment Tokki. What made you stay in that place by the way?" CL interrupted.

"You all know that it is all that I can afford. I'm saving as well for Cheondung's studies. Omma's having a hard time there so I'm doing my best to help." Dara became serious. "Cheondung said he wants to study in Seoul as well and help me."

"You sure have lots to think. You're a very good sister and daughter, Dara-ah." TOP said while looking at Dara which did not escape from Jiyong's and Bom's eyes.

"Guys, I need to go now." Bom stood up and about to leave.

"Want me to take you home?" TOP stood up as well.

Dara and I knew Bom likes TOP. But TOP...I thought he... CL just thought.

"Bommie-ah, are you okay?" asked Dara while holding her bestfriend's hand.

"I'm fine, Tokki. I just remembered that Omma wants me to go home early." Bom hugged Dara. "Got to go. See you at school." she left and TOP followed her.

"Guess I will need to leave as well. I hope you will be comfortable here, Tokki. Take care of yourself and behave, ok?" CL hugged Dara. She really love her.

"Aigoo CL-roo, you worry too much about me. Arasso, I will take care of myself for you and for all those who worry about me." Dara gave a peace sign. "Saranghae chingu" Dara said and made a heart shape to CL.

 

Later that day, Dara had her first dinner in the YG mansion with YG alone. Jiyong left for some business matters that evening that he missed Dara's first dinner with his family. Dara was so stiff and silent during the dinner.

"Dara-ah, you do not need to be stiff. Please feel comfortable around me." YG chuckled seeing Dara so stiff.

"Mianhae sajangnim." Dara just lowered her head.

"Sajangnim? Maybe Jiyong did not tell you after all."

"Mwo?" Dara wondered.

"You see Dara-ah, Jiyong has been looking for a sister for a very long time. He lost his mother when he was around 5 years old. Funny, he kept on asking me for a playmate or a sister... How can I do that when I already lost my wife?... When he was 10, I agreed to adopt a child on the condition of him to choose who he wants. Sadly, he was not able to get one as no one has captured his heart to become his sister."

"But why sister? Why not a brother?" Dara asked curiously.

"He wanted someone whom he can protect from bullies. Actually he got jealous when we went to a park one time. There was a boy protecting his sister from bullies. He wanted to do the same. Sweet, right? Going back, when I was reviewing our sales in the cake shop, he scanned some of your resumes and he found yours. He kept on asking me questions about you and that was the time that I realized, he wanted you to be his sister. That was the very reason why he volunteered to become the manager of the cake shop, and to become your classmate." He eyed Dara. "Would you accept us as your family, Dara?"

"Sajangnim, I treated you all as my family. But... I still have my family in Busan. I have a mother and a brother. I could not replace them with other families... It's not that I don't want to but..."

YG smiled. "I don't want you to forget your family in Busan, Dara. What I am asking is that you would accept us as your family here in Seoul. Treat us as your real family here. I wanted to be your father here in Seoul, Dara-ah. I have longed to have a daughter as well... Would that be fine with you?" he hopefully asked.

"I have always treated you all as my family, sajangnim... But if that's what you want, please take care of me." Dara bowed.

"I am happy, Dara, that you accept us. But I would be happier if you call me Appa."

"A...Appa..." Dara said shyly which made YG smile widely.

 



 

Can you imagine YG smiling widely? kkkk (.^.~.)

Now you know how they became brothers and sisters. But what would happen next?

See you next chappie and 새해 복 많이 받으세요 (Sae Hae Bok Mani Ba Deu Se Yo // Please receive a lot of luck in New Year).

Please let me know if you like it or if its lame. I'm not a pro so please guide me.