Fever

The Gift

Dara's POV

Why is it so cold today? I wonder if I'm the only one who's feeling it. As I look around our classroom, everyone was just fine. Maybe I caught a cold or something. It's just too cold today.

 

Author's POV

"Dara-ah, annyeong!" Bom ran and hugged her. "Omo! You're so hot today. Are you okay?" she checked her forehead.

"I am fine. Just a bit cold but I'm fine." Dara lied. She's really not feeling well.

"Don't lie to us, Tokki. It's no use. We know you very much." CL arrived.

After few minutes, Jinu arrived.

"Jinu-seonsaengnim, can you excuse Dara for today? She is not feeling well." CL said while walking to her desk.

"Dara-ah, are you okay?" Jinu look at her worriedly and only got a small nod from her. He sighed and talked again. "Go home, Dara. Come back when you're already fine. Bommie-ah, take her home."

"Neh seonsaengnim. Dara let's go." Bom took Dara's hand.

"It's okay Bommie-ah, I can go home alone." She smiled at her. "Let me just copy some notes when I get back". She stood up and left the room, all looking at her.

After few minutes, a certain guy came inside their classroom.

"Oh! I apologize for making you wait. Class, this is Kwon Jiyong, your new classmate."

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jiyong imnida" he bowed down and scanned the room. He was looking for a certain girl but failed to see her. He did not notice that Bom and CL are looking at him.

"Were you looking for someone, Mr.Kwon?" CL eyed him boredly.

Jiyong just gulped. "No, just scanning the face of my new classmates." This girl will be hard to please.

Ahn Sohee raised her hand, "Do you have a girlfriend, oppa?"

Oppa? "No, and I am not interested in having one." take that flirt. Jiyong just smirked.

"Jiyong, just sit on any vacant seats that you see." Jinu shoo him away.

Jiyong was searching for a seat when he notice 2 seats vacant. He was about to sit down on the first seat but CL just slammed 2 books on the seat and said, "This is Dara's seat."

"Okay" grumpy lady, he thought.

They had resumed their classes while Bom and CL are worried sick of their friend. TOP and Seungri was looking at the girls worried as well.

During their break time, Seungri sat beside CL. "She will be fine, don't worry." She just glared at him. Without thinking, Seungri held her hand and said, "If you are that worried, why don't we visit her after our class?".

"If you don't mind, may I ask where Dara is?" Jiyong interrupted which made CL glad and got her hand back from a ert panda.

"She went home before the class started. She got fever... I hope she's doing fine now." Bom said sadly but shocked when she saw Jiyong ran fast leaving them behind. What's his problem?

 

Jiyong's POV

She was fine when I left her last night. I wonder what happen? I hope she's okay now.

When I walked to her apartment, I noticed that it looks like it will collapse anytime. How did she ever managed to live in this place?

I knocked at her door and was welcome by a fully wrapped Dara with a droopy eyes.

"Are you okay?" that's the first question that came out of my mouth. She just nodded and I don't believer her.

I touched her forehead and dragged her to her kitchet to get some water for her medicine. She was about to protest when I give her the medicines but I insist. I always win, you know. I find ways to win.

"Is it my shift already?" I did not answer. "I am sorry, I could not go to work today. I wanted to go but I might share my sickness to others so its better to stay home right?" She smiled at me. I wonder why she kept on smiling after all things.

"Why do you keep on smiling?"

"Why shouldn't I? I've got all the reasons to smile. May it be a small or big matter, I need to smile. I have to be thankful and smile for all things. Even if I am sick, I am still alive. Even if I have lots of problems, I still have hope since I am alive... Smiling makes you look younger too." With her last statement, I smiled on her joke. "You look handsome when you smile." That caught me. "You should smile always." My heart is jumping in joy. I don't know why but I felt happy. "If you don't mind, I will just sleep for a while... If you are going already, please do lock the door and kindly tell Mingkki that I could not go to work today...Jiyong-ah". She faced me. "Kamsahamnida." She then fell asleep. I do wish she would sleep soundly.

I called our shop and inform them that Dara would not be working today. I then scanned her apartment. It was neat but I'm sure my bedroom is bigger than her apartment, not that I am bragging but I am stating the fact. I hope she would accept my offer.

 


Thank you for subscribing. I am sorry this story is so lame. Mianhae (bows down 90º). Please leave comments and suggestions. Please do look forward for my next update.

Annyeong!

BTW, who plays Dragon Nest SEA here?