The Offer

The Gift

Author's POV

On the very next day, Dara went to school feeling a lot better. She was thinking about the things that happened in her life and the letter she recently got. Then, she remembered what happened yesterday.

        "Yes, how come your manager became our classmate?" CL eyed Jiyong who was sweating a lot.

Jiyong? Our classmate? How come?, Dara just asked herself.

"Noonaaaaaaaaaaa!!!" Seungri back hug Dara. "How are you?"

CL hit his head hard and dragged Dara away. Seungri was about to hit back but when he saw it was CL, he just mumbled alien words. Bom just laughed at her friends when TOP arrived. She suddenly turned away and blushed. Jiyong was the last to arrived and sit beside Dara.

"Why did you come to school? Are you feeling a lot better now?" Jiyong asked.

"Yeah, I am fine. Thank you for all the things you have done yesterday but you didn't have to buy me groceries." she pouted. "By the way, how come you became our classmate?"

Jiyong sweated and looked around. He didn't want to tell her the reason just yet. He was saved by the bell when Jinu arrived.

Their classes went smoothly. During their lunchtime, they all sit in one table, joined by Seven, and chatted when a girl passed by.

"Mingkki-ah! Deasungie! Bae!" Dara shouted happily. Dara introduced them to her friends and they all shared their seats.

"So care to tell us now why the manager became our classmate?" CL asked suddenly and smirked. They all eyed CL, then Jiyong. They were all curious of his answer.

"Uhmm..." he hates being in the situation. "Alright. I will tell you... You see, I am being home schooled so I wanted to try schooling in a university... I want to try new adventure... I want to have friends." Jiyong looked down.

"Of all universities, why did you choose SU?" Bom asked teasingly.

"I... uhmm... I checked the resumes of my employees and saw that most of them are in SU... that is why I selected SU." But the truth is Dara was in SU that is why he selected SU. He wanted to protect Dara.

"Really? Or is it because of someone?"

Damn, this girl is smart. "No, what I said is the real reason." Jiyong answered quickly for them not to ask more. "Please don't feel awkward when you are with me. I really wanted to be friends with you all. I may be a manager but I have the same age as yours." He really wanted to have real friends. Friends who will not look at his possessions but look at him as he is.

On the other hand, Sohee and Hyuna were talking about Jiyong.

"He is getting close with those freaks." Hyuna said angrily. She really hates Dara's group.

"It seems he does not want to hang out with us as well. He had set his eyes on Dara's group the moment he stepped in our classroom. I am hating it so much." Sohee whinned.

"I wish he would look at us though." Hyuna only sighed while looking at Jiyong.

After class, they all went home except for the workers in the cake shop. They were all on the way to the shop when Jiyong pulled Dara and let them go ahead of them.

"Wae yo?"

"Dara, I have something to tell you... How should I say this?... I..." Jiyong stuttered.

"Are you confessing on me? Cause if you do, you're fast." Dara stepped back.

Jiyong blushed. "Of course not! Why would I confess to you?" he muttered.

"Then what is it? You're making me nervous, you know."

"I want you to work for me!" he blurted out.

"I am already working for you."

She looks cute when she's confused. "What I mean is I want you to work personally for me. I want you to be my personal secretary."

"Thank you for the offer Jiyong but I am already happy with my work." Dara smiled.

"I will make your salary higher. I know you need money for your mother's operation..." Jiyong said suddenly and covered his mouth. Why did I say that?

"How did you know about my mother's operation? Wait a minute, did you read my letter?" she asked angrily.

"I am sorry, Dara. I didn't mean to but before I read the letter, I have already decided that I want to hire you to be my personal secretary."

"Why?... Of all the employees you have, why me? There's Gummy-unnie. There's Mingkki, so why me?"

"I don't know. I don't know how to say it but I know I want you to be my secretary." he explained.

Dara only sighed. There was a long pause before Dara speak. "Since you already know that I need the money for my mom's operation, I accept the offer."

Jiyong jumped for joy with her answer. "By the way, since you will be my personal secretary, you will be living with us." he smirked and started walking. He knew that Dara would be mad about his last sentence.

"What!?! Are you crazy? Why should I live with you?" she followed him. "Yah! Answer me!"

"From the word personal assistant, I want you to be always be there when I need your help. I want you to be there right away when I call for you." he continued walking. "Don't worry, your salary would be doubled and I will pay for your mom's operation. How does that sound?"

That sounds tempting. "If I accept your offer, can I have a request?"

"If I can do it, I would... So what is your request?"

"Since you said you will be paying for mom's operation and you want me to live with you, I want to help in the shop if I have vacant time."

"No problem."

"And I will be paying for the rent as well." she said and ran all the way to the shop leaving a stunned Jiyong behind.

After few minutes, Jiyong just smiled and followed Dara.

 

 


I know it's lame. I am sorry. T.T Please do leave some comments, suggestions, or anything. Please let me know if you like the story or not. Jeh-bal.