Misunderstanding to Understanding

The Gift

 

Sorry for the long wait!!!

 


 

 

"KWON JIYONG, NO LONGER SINGLE!"

It was the headline written in most papers and on the internet on the very next day. Pictures of Jiyong and Kiko holding hands, him pulling her, and many others were posted in every papers. Seungri cursed seeing all the papers written about his friend. Without further ado, he called Jiyong. Jiyong, on the other hand had swollen eyes, answered him sleepily.

"Hyung, what's the meaning of this? I thought you hated Kiko? Why are there all write ups and articles about you two? Are you seriously together now? What about Dara-noona? I thought you love her, hyung? Why are you..."

"What the heck are you talking about? Of course I love Dara! Why do you even doubt that? You are the person who knows most how much I love her!" Jiyong bursted.

"I... I know that, hyung... It's just that..."

"It's just what?" Seungri kept silent. "Answer me, you rat!"

"Hyung, you are not listening to me... Can you just check on the internet and on the papers? You have new newspapers there, right?"

Jiyong checked right away on his laptop on what Seungri is talking about and cursed right away.

"I'm gonna kill her... I'm definitely gonna kill her!" Jiyong shouted and got on his feet.

"Hyung, calm down."

"Tell me how can I calm down! First, someone sent me a picture of Dara shaking hands with a guy, and now, this? How the heck can I calm down!"

"There must be a misunderstanding, hyung. Dara did get to know a guy yesterday but..."

"Enough! I've had enough heartache, Ri." Jiyong just slumped on his bed, thinking of the things happened.

"Hyung, listen to me! Believe me you have nothing to worry about the guy. Dara told us the whole story last night over dinner and I could assure you that Dara is still yours and yours alone." Jiyong just kept silent. "Do you believe me, hyung?"

Jiyong sighed. "Yes."

"Good! Now, what about this issue with Kiko? You sure you don't have affair with her? Cause if you do, I might kill you hyung."

Jiyong snorted. "As if you can... But seriously, it is not true. I would never love other girls aside from Dara."

"Maybe, just maybe hyung, it is all made up by Kiko?"

"That might be true. She may have paid the press to do this... That girl is a lunatic..."

"So what are you going to do now?"

"Ri! Dara loves to read news. Please do throw all the new newspapers in the house and explain to them. She MUST not read the news about me and Kiko. She MUST NOT!"

"What should I tell them, hyung?"

Jiyong explained what happened days ago when Kiko showed up and made a scene.

"That Kiko is obsessed with you, hyung. But don't worry. I will tell them everything and never let Dara read any news today. I hope she doesn't check her computer though."

"Please do your best not to let her read any articles today, Ri. You are my only hope... I hope I was there."

Jiyong ended the call and right away, Seungri informed the others, including YG, Eun-ju, and Cheondung.

 

Few hours later, Dara woke up and went to the dining room to have her breakfast.

"Geattong-ah, do you know where the newspapers are?" She kept on looking.

"Noona, no one delivered newspapers today." Cheondung effortlessly lied though he doesn't want to.

"That's a first... Maybe I will just check on my phone." Dara was about to browse on her phone when Eun-Ju called here.

They were all trying to keep Dara so that she won't check on the news. Later that day, Dara went to the Lee's residence and played with Jinwoo. She enjoyed her time again with the Lee family when she saw a newspaper with a big picture of Jiyong and Kiko. She got curious and read it right away. Tears rolled down her face and Shin Hye just hugged her, calming her down. Few minutes later, Dara just kept silent while Shin Hye held her hand. Minho brought tea for them and left them to have a girl talk.

"Did he called you already?"

Dara just shook her head. "This must be the reason why they were hiding all newspapers in the house. They were trying to keep me busy for me not to check on the news. Why did they do this to me?" Tears were falling again in her face.

"Dara, they might be doing all of these to keep you from hurting. They would know that you would get hurt that is why they were doing this. There must be a misunderstanding that is why they kept it from you while they are trying to clear everything up?"

"They should have told me, I would understand."

Shin Hye held her hands tight. "Yes, you would understand but you would get hurt, am I right?"

Dara just looked away. Suddenly, her phone rang. It was Jiyong who was calling. She just stared at the phone. It kept on ringing.

"Would you like to answer the phone?" Minho appeared with Jinwoo in his arms. She just kept silent. "Would you like me to answer the phone for you?" Her silence meant yes to him so he took the phone and get away from them.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Hello? Who's this? Where is Dara? Why do you have her phone? Is she safe?" Jiyong bombarded him with questions.

Minho just chuckled. "You love her, do you?... The two of you sure are dense."

"Can you just answer me, please?"

"Wow! The great Kwon Jiyong is begging. That's a surprise... Don't worry, Dara is safe with my fiancee. By the way, I am Lee Minho. We are just new here and meet Dara yesterday. She sure is a goddess, if you asked me. My son likes her a lot too. I have her phone now since she was just staring at your phone. Whatever you did made her cry, did you know that?"

"I.. I'm sorry...But I swear, all the writings were not true. If she was the girl on the news then I would gladly accept it. I swear, she's the one that I love, not that Kiko..."

"Easy there... Obviously you love her. However, it would be best if you told her that yourself. Would you like to talk to her?"

"And tell her I love her? No way! She might hate me..."

Minho laughed. "I am not referring to that. I am asking if you want to talk to her and tell her the truth about the articles. And let me tell you this, she would not hate you." He walked back to where the girls are and handed the phone to Dara. "He wants to talk to you." He guided Shin Hye and Jinwoo inside the house leaving Dara on her own.

Dara sighed.

"Dara, I'm sorry... I'm sorry I did not tell you..."

"It's okay, Oppa. There's nothing to worry about." Tears fell on her face again. "C-congratulations..." She could not stop herself from sobbing.

"D-dara, you got it all wrong! There's..."

"I understand, Oppa. It's okay."

"It's not okay! Listen! There is nothing going on between me and Kiko, okay?... Dara-ah, please believe me. It's not Kiko that I love." It's you. "The news you have read are all made up by Kiko. It was all set-up. She was following me all around here in Japan, Dara. Please believe me..." Jiyong sobbed and clinched his fist. "Please believe me, Baby Girl. I need your trust more than anyone else."

"Mianhae, Oppa... Mianhae for not believing and doubting you. I-I know I don't have the right to be sad because of the news but I don't understand myself. When I read the news, I just can't stop crying. Funny, isn't it?" She laughed while her tears were flowing.

"Stop crying, Tokki. You know very well that I don't want you to cry, right?" But Dara could not stop sobbing. "If you will not stop, I will book a ticket right away to fly from Japan to Korea just to stop you from crying." They both laughed, still with tears in both their eyes.

"Finish your job there, Oppa and get back here when you are done... I miss you, Oppa... Don't hang up on me again." Her voice saddened on the last sentence.

"Mianhae for that, Dara-ah. I-I suddenly wanted to go to the wash room that's why I hang up." He cringed to his disgusting lie. "Mianhae."

Dara laughed out loud by his lie and made a joke on him. Later on, their talk went here and there, and cleared up all their misunderstandings. Jiyong suddenly thought of a gift for Dara, hoping she would gladly accept it.

 


 

 

It would be nice if they cuddle after a misunderstanding.

See yah soon for the next chapter!