Hide and Seek

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9:

 

Leigh’s P.O.V

 

                I was having a severe headache from all the acting I have done when talking to Cara about the Min-ho thing that I actually know about but acted like a sly fox who knows nothing. It really took a lot of energy from me with all these ‘ah’ and ‘oh’ in the process. If I knew that it would be like that I would have confess to her that I knew everything about it and I support Min-ho dating her.

 

                “Cara, whatever you decide, no one will blame you for it, not your family, friends and not even me. You will not hear any criticism coming from us. Everyone one of us, the old ones made that decisions when decided to date and marry the guy they wanted to be with.” I replied to her while tossing the salad for our dinner.

 

                “But Leigh,”

 

                “Aisht! Leave me in peace, you crazy love sick woman.” I shooed her away from the kitchen. She would spoil the taste of the food with her not so major problem. Well, it was not as major for me but for her it was super-duper major that she couldn’t even think straight. Every advice or suggestion I give to her, she would retaliate with what if like this, what if like that. Aisht! My mind was going ballistic with her antics.

 

                “Ah!” She shouted.

 

                “What again,” I asked.

 

                “Min-ho ssi said that they will have a masquerade party in the club tonight. He asked if we wanted to go,” she explained.

 

                Ah! That was right. Seungri said something like that when they met at the flower shop. I forgot about that, so that was what he was anxious about earlier. My mind was really something to completely forget a party that I was interested in going. But we were only two; I didn’t have enough back up if the mistress goes berserk again.

 

                There would be a chance I would go out of that club full of bruised or scratches from those sharp nails. Just the thought of those nails made me shiver to see what would be the outcome.

 

                “Oh really?” I asked pretending not to know again.

 

                She nodded. “Do you want to go,” she asked. I chuckled and looked at her meaningfully. “Hey! It’s not what you are thinking,” she said defensively.

 

                I raised a brow at her and replied, “What am I thinking? You are the one who’s thinking something else.”

 

                She blushed and shouted, “Do you want to go or not?”

 

                Cara blushing was really a phenomenon. My friend didn’t blush. It had been a while since I saw that tinge color on her cheeks. Was it already fifteen years when we stopped thinking and started acting like matured people? I guess it was.

 

                “Arasso, we’ll leave at 11,” I answered her seriously now. She examined my face, reading if I was really serious or not when she saw I was sincere in my answer she nodded.

 

                “Why 11? That’s already late.” She said.

 

                “I don’t want to be there longer than I should,” I said half truthfully. Well, I was just going to ruin his night and just like how I ruined his day earlier when Min-ho arrived smiling widely at me. It was fun to fool around with his emotions especially when he was so slow in knowing what it was and whenever he didn’t get what he wants, he would resort to anger which was good rather than he gone violent for something petty.

 

                “Okay,” she replied then walked back to the living room.

 

                My feelings… were they still the same as when I saw him for the first time? Or did he somehow change my perspective when we fooled around in Namsan Tower? I still didn’t know what it was actually, so for now, I would play with him and see if he would hate me for it.

 

                “Leigh, don’t do it,” I looked up and saw Cara leaning on the door frame. “You will only hurt yourself,” she said seriously.

 

                I smiled sadly. “It’s better like this,” I spoke, “he is already in the process and he is blind in seeing it.”

 

                “Leigh,”

 

                I shook my head and smiled. “Everything will happen the way it is bound to happen,” I stated. She shut up and nodded.

 

                I knew what I was playing at was a double edge thing, there would be chances that everything would come hunting me or everything would fall into place normally. But for whatever it was, I wanted to do it my way rather than having a boring life without a single enjoyment in it.

 

                Looking at my image in the mirror, I was wearing a V-neck red sheath dress paired with black lace heels and accessorized with a matching vintage black gem earrings and ring. I wanted to be simple as possible and we were going to wear a mask anyway, so there was no need to be extravagant in my dress when they would not know who I am.

 

                “This would be fine,” I said to myself then went out. I saw Cara sitting in the couch wearing her little black dress ensemble. It was a black lace top full skirt dress. It was simple including her sapphire match earrings and ring.

 

                “Ready,” she asked.

 

                “Should we go vintage or modern with our masks?” I asked, raising the two designs of masks in my hands.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter