Lock

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 32:

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

                I loved seeing Leigh so carefree and cheerful when it was only us. I had never felt something like this that sometimes I always ask myself if it was real. How can I love her when I only met her a few times in a not conventional ways? I remember the time when I saw her looking into the sky. I might have notice her rocking body but when the light of the sun made her stand out more in the crowd. Maybe that was the time my heart started beating for her and I discarded it because I’m not familiar with that feeling.

 

                Or even when I was shopping the dress for Sohee, I admired Leigh’s feistiness back there and on how she could just throw any words she likes in your face. Well, how about when she was in my bar and smooth talk my employees to let them in. She really would do what she likes, isn’t she?

 

                This felt surreal and every ing day, I would think that she will be gone because there were dangers lurking around me. Not that I didn’t trust her capabilities, it was just that my superiority complex was overpowering me. It may be because she’s the first important person in my life.

 

                Leigh looked back smiling as she reached her hand for me. I chuckled and walked hurriedly to catch up on her. But I do wonder on how are we going to spend this little sum of money for a date? I had my doubts when she said that this would be enough and she even confiscated my cards and other cash.

 

                “Are you sure this will be enough for our expenses today?” I looked at my wallet with so little amount of money.

 

                She looked at me amusedly and nodded. “That will be enough. I already assured you that eating in a fancy restaurant and buying expensive things isn’t my thing. I love adventures but most of all I love the simplest things.” She looked up in the sky as always. Just like the sky, her output in life was vast.

 

                “Leigh,” I mumbled. She gazed at me and had this inquiring expression. I shook my head and laced our fingers together. I wanted to say I love you but she doesn’t reply seriously to me. Did I look like I’m joking about it? Or was it unbelievable that I am saying those words?

 

                “Let’s go.” She tugged my hand and started walking.

 

                People were gawking at us like we are unusual couple. Did we look out of place? I examined our clothes and we do look normal. Why were they staring at us?

 

               “Hey, Ji!” Leigh called waving her hand eagerly and she wasn’t even looking at me. What if another guy came to her, would she notice? Of course, she would. She was not a normal person after all.

 

                I bend over to look at what she was eyeing so excitedly. They were silver necklaces with cute pendants. I covered my mouth and grinned at how childish sometimes she could get when it comes to cute things. She raised her head. I completely put a composed face and smiled warmly at her.

 

                “Ji, I wanted this one.” She pointed at a necklace with a fairy pendant on it encrusted with small crystals embedded to make it shine. “See,” she raised her hands where our ring was, “it suits the ring. Please, I want it.” She used her puppy eyes on me, which I was so weak against.

 

                I scratch my head and sighed. “I will buy it, if you kiss me on my lips.” I pointed my lips. She yelled and kissed me on the lips and even my cheeks and forehead. I chuckled and kissed her on the lips. I was really hopeless with this girl.

 

                She then hugged and hid like a little kid. Why was she acting like this all of a sudden? I looked around and saw that the people stop walking and some were smiling and giggling. We caught so much attention. I laughed softly and hugged her tightly. Then the girls who were watching squealed.

 

                “Ahjumma, we would buy that necklace.” I pointed to the same necklace she wanted. She was getting cuter day by day I see her and sometimes she was badass like a real gangster.

 

                “You are such a cute couple but I see dark clouds around you. Separation is coming after you.” She said ominously. I felt Leigh stiffened when she heard that. I rubbed her back to lighten her up.

 

                “Thank you,” I said and bowed. “Shall we go?” She nodded but didn’t move away from the hug. I laughed then spoke, “Come on, cheer up. Are you going to ruin our date because of some premonition of a woman?”

 

                She smiled and countered, “Ani (No), I just like how you smell.”

 

                “ert,” I mocked.

 

                “Said by someone who sleeps in my room to do something nasty,” she countered.

 

                I laughed and ruffled her hair. “That’s more like it,” I mumbled and wrapped my arm on her waist. “Oh! Shall I put this on you?” I let the necklace fall like a river while I was holding the tip to not let it drop on the floor.

 

                She smiled and nodded.

 

                I walked towards her. She pulled her up to make it easier for me to clasp the necklace. This was the first time I’m putting a necklace I bought for a girl. When I’ve put it on her, I hugged her and smelled her scent. I was definitely addicted to her fragrance.

 

                “Ji, I want to eat dukbokki,” she mumbled while we were still in a hug. A dukbokki? "I still never ate that even if I went here for so many times." I knew then she was pouting.

 

                "Arasso," I replied.

 

                "Yey," she cheered like a little kid. My reputation as a man who kills mercilessly would be ruined by this girl. She would be the ultimate weapon against me. So, I needed to protect her at all cost.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter