Troublesome

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12:

 

Leigh’s P.O.V

 

                Watching the gathering of people, girls in cocktail and some in long dresses and boys in their suits or tuxedo, was like a view to see. You could see them mingling with each other while they were drinking wine, beer or any hard drinks that can knock them up in just few glasses. This was a good relaxation once in a while without the stress of seeing those freaking Triad group except my babylove of course.

 

                They caused me too much stress already and I think I had enough for one day and I wanted to get away from them as much as possible.

 

                As I sipped the wine from the glass, I looked around and saw that after so many weeks, we would have been invited to a party to mingle with people other than clubbing at night or maybe hearing bickering of Cara and Lilly when we were at home.

 

                “Everyone is settled,” Cara whispered to me.

 

                “Yeah, everything is going smoothly but we can’t be comfortable with this. Something big is going to happen soon,” I replied.

 

                “And most of the information are in our hands already,” Lilly walked in sipping her favorite martini drink.

 

                “Just a little bit more and we’ll be prepared for what’s coming,” Clarisse added.

 

                I chuckled and said, “Are we shooting a movie scene here? We all looked like casts from a movie show while saying these lines with serious faces.” They all laughed and agreed with me.

 

                “We do love watching those movies. I got my lines from there.” Lilly spoke grinning at us.

 

                “Ditto,” Clarisse agreed smiling.

 

                “Let’s liven up the party,” Cara cheered. The three girls then went down hand in hand. This was a simple gathering of employees, our employees to be precise. Yeah, we own a company here big enough to make us rich and spend on something we would like to have and some of the guests in this party were our friends and they were just there mingling with everyone.

 

                The crowd cheered aloud when the three girls started dancing in the dance floor with all those dance moves. One way to liven the party was dancing other than chatting and drinking. And the three were famous in Italy for those dance moves that they do in the dance floor. That was why when we were in a club many group of dancers challenged them.

 

                They waved at me when they saw me watching them. I smiled and nodded my head in recognition. The employees greeted me with a nod lightly. So, tonight was a company party and I have to relieve some of their stresses in their work and befriend each other even if they are in different sector of the company.

 

                As I walked down, eyes watched me purely and some were devilishly. Duh! Even if I am their boss, lust would always be lust. I wanted to laugh at how these men think that when you have a desirable face and body, you could get anything. Well, sorry about that I’m not that kind of women and even if you were an executive or not, you are not desirable to me as long as you are a boring .

 

                “I’m just going to get fresh air,” I muttered to no one but I had a transceiver with me anyway. I knew they heard me.

 

                I walked to the lobby and sat in one of their lounge chairs. The men inside the ballroom were suffocating me especially the single ones. It would have been fun if they were not all talk. What I hated about men the most was the talkative one who only knew how to boast oneself with or without proof. I wanted someone that I could say down to earth but with angst at the same time.

 

                I instantly hid my face with the newspaper when my eyes swept the image of stupid Jiyong sitting across my direction. He was talking to someone there, must be a dealer. I looked from side to side to see if his friends were here. As I turned my head from the right, I saw that they were already smiling at me.

 

                I really should have talk so assuring that I will not meet them here. Damn! Why in the world where they here?

 

                I sighed knowing I was caught not in a bad situation, I’m thankful for that. But for all the places or hotels that they could do a meeting it was here and at the same date too. I should have stayed in the freaking ballroom if I would only see them here but there was no walking back, ain’t it.

 

                I slowly folded the newspaper and place it in the table; I saw his eyes mischievously looking at me. I smirked back and stood up. I took my phone in my clutch and sent a message to the three girls;

 

                SJ and friends are present in the building. :*

 

                I put it back then started walking back to the ballroom. I saw a shadow move from the corner of my eyes in the way to the ballroom but it was close to where the Jiyong and the guy were talking. I was about to ignore it but TOP pulled me back and he was attentive of the surroundings. Was he protecting me?

 

                "What the hell is wrong with you, oppa," I acted on my behalf. Selfish wasn't it but it was for my safety anyway.

 

                Top smirked and said, "What the hell and oppa, don't go together, Leigh-ssi."

 

                I raised a brow and countered, "So? Why did you pull me anyway? Did I do something wrong?" Aisht! I hated being naive especially when this were the people you were acting too.

 

                Top looked startled at my question. Aisht! Top-oppa didn't think about any lie to me. Tsk, tsk, he would be caught if he came unprepared. "Leaving without even saying goodbye," Jiyong helped him in his situation.

 

                I smiled in my mind only and replied, "It is not a necessity or it isn't necessary for me to greet you or bid goodbye when you are talking to someone else. I find it quite rude if someone interrupted me."

 

                He pinched my cheeks and I slapped it away. "Hey, your slapping is getting stronger every time I do that," he complained.

 

                 "Like I care," I replied sneakily.

 

                 He smirked only and didn’t bother countering back.  But he changed the subject. “Why are you dressed like that?” He looked at me from top to bottom.

 

                 I looked at what I’m wearing. It was a white casual dress paired it with black ankle-cuffs sandals and accessorized it with gold accessories and a black sling bag. Then an idea hit me. “I am attending a wedding, my wedding to be specific.” Their expressions were like okay a wedding but when I said it was mine, they were like what then they looked at Jiyong who was smiling at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter