Last

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 36:

 

Third person P.O.V

 

                “What did you say,” Jiyong shouted at them.

   

                Cara and Clarisse cringed in fear as they try to say what was really happening in here. It was never a good thing to convey what was the situation really especially to Jiyong and friends who didn’t know anything about this. The clock was ticking and everything was on the line especially a life.

 

                “Leigh…” before Cara can finish her sentence Jiyong was already shouting again and that made her more anxious and frighten to say what Leigh’s real condition.

 

                “I have a brain tumor,” Leigh said hoarsely. She was wearing hospital robe while being helped by some nurse to stand up.

 

                Jiyong ran towards her position worriedly. “Are you okay,” he muttered for so many times and she just kept on smiling at him.

 

                But just like earlier, Leigh collapsed and her body limped making the nurse have difficulty to carry her. Jiyong then carried her back to the hospital bed available within his sight and laid her there.

 

                “How is her condition?” Jiyong asked softly but his voice full of pain and anguish. They all looked away from him; telling him the answer and telling him that they knew about Leigh’s condition all of them except for his group. “So you knew all about it and didn’t ing care to tell me,” he shouted.

               

                “It’s not we don’t want to say it to you. It is just we can’t speak about it or Leigh will cut our tongue for sure,” Cara explained, knowing that wasn’t even a valid reason but Leigh’s trust was like a gem that they have to treasure more than anything else.

 

                “Don’t you think I have the right to know about it?” Jiyong accused in grief.

 

                Cara and the others couldn’t even agree more to him but that was not the problem. The problem was that if they don’t operate on Leigh right now, she might die for good. That was why she and Clarisse were so against Leigh prolonging the day of her operation just to help ing Jiyong.

 

                “Ms. Cara, the operating room is ready,” the nurse whispered to her ear.

 

                Cara nodded in response and looked at Clarisse and Clarisse nodded in acknowledgement. “We better start her operation,” she informed them. Jiyong held her hand and looked at her pitifully. She placed her hand on top of his and smiled assuring and said, “We will do our best.”

 

                “Thanks,” Jiyong said dejectedly because that was the only thing he could do right now. He was not a doctor that could operate the tumor on his girlfriend’s head and even if he was he doesn’t even know if he could do the procedure knowing her life was on his hands. He just wished that everything would be fine at the end of this operation.

-----------------------------------------------------

 

                “Leigh, are you sure about this,” Clarisse asked when they were already in the operating room.

 

                “Yes, do your best to uphold whatever happen,” Leigh replied smiling weakly. They would now put her to sleep and everything would be done in a long hour of operation.

-----------------------------------------------------

 

                Cara and Clarisse were now alone in the operating room with their lifeless friend, shock and weeping in sorrow. They were devastated to what had just happened everything went so fast that they couldn’t stop their feeling right now.

 

                Jiyong entered the room and saw them crying a river. His eyes wide as he looked at the beautiful sleeping face of Leigh on the hospital bed. She was cleaned and was looking peaceful, sleeping like she was still alive but she wasn’t. They moved out of his way as he walks slowly trying to sink everything in his mind.

 

                The expression Jiyong was giving was heart wrenching. The girls couldn’t even look at him; it was like he was breaking second by the second. He caressed Leigh’s face as he calls her name so softly and loving but heart-breaking too.

 

                “Leigh,” Jiyong whispered. Why did Leigh leave him when everything was normal again? Was this really their fate? And that she would leave him like this? Why did they fight so hard? He couldn’t cry anymore. There were no tears to shed, that was what he thought. The moment he sat on the floor, his eyes started to pour his sad tears.

 

                “Ji,” TOP utters softly placing his hand on his shoulders.

 

                Jiyong looked up. “She’s gone,” he said hoarsely.

 

                TOP, Seungri, Daesung and Youngbae couldn’t utter words of comfort to their leader because even them, couldn’t fathom to say anything. Their hearts were with their leader full of grief and sadness. And they couldn’t even look at Jiyong, it was a heat-breaking scene like they were in a drama where everyone was sad and crying and totally speechless.

 

                “I’m sorry, Jiyong.” The girls muttered tear stricken.

 

                They even knew that the two girls were hurting too more than them. They lost their friend in their own hands and they tried everything to save her but it still didn't work.

 

                Jiyong shook his head. “Ani, you did your best,” he replied to them.

 

                Even without talking, the boys just glanced at each other and they knew they want to go out now. They walked out of the room forlorn and quiet.

 

                Even if Jiyong assured them that he was fine with it. They weren’t at all. Their resolve was slowly losing grip and they wanted to break down.

 

                Minho felt it, so he went to the two girls and hugged them, giving them support. “Everything will be alright. Just hang on.” He utters encouragingly. The two girls sighed and hugged Minho back.

 

                Minho rubbed their backs comforting them without any words because he knew it would just be useless. The grief and guilt they were feeling right now was double, maybe, even triple the amount than Jiyong.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter