Act

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8:

 

Leigh’s P.O.V

 

                Many problems arose when we came here in Korea. It was like we were the start of everything major happening. It was such a shame but we are only treated as myth. It was fine with us since we could move stealthily as breathing but recently, someone was trying to track us down and it was not settling well with me.

 

                I still didn’t say it to the girls but they would know it soon enough because the underground society was being attacked by an underground syndicate too. It was an uneasy feeling but while we were not under attack, mom, aunt and I planned our very best to protect the whole town from the unknown group who wanted to conquer everything.

 

                Yes, what I read from their movements was, they wanted to make them known by being anonymous just like us. Causing ruckus and fear was their tactic not like us though.

 

                But for now, my eyes were on directly staring at my laptop screen and watching the most awaited date that me and Min-ho prepared for him to ask Cara to date him. They liked each other but I was not sure if Cara would agree to date someone who was in the Triad while she was a big shot in the clan.

 

                Yeah, Min-ho was a triad member. What I wasn’t sure if he was a big shot or not? But I think they had some run-ins the other night when we were picking the bouquet of red roses that I supposedly picked outside of our door. Lying was not good but well, I was trying to make Cara have fun once in a while.

 

                I decided to go out and drink coffee on a coffee shop that Min-ho suggested for me to try. Yeah, we were kind of close now and he was treating me like a best friend and I was the same with just a little amount of secrecy for the both of us.

 

                I brought my laptop with me because I was watching their date and I had some work to do, that includes hacking and sending viruses to different networks to get some information. That was the best thing I could do, hack and destroy the network completely. I guessed we were sent in here for the stupid malware that the Triad created. Since that kind of field was I’m good at so mama decided that I would be the best candidate to stop it if it went out of hand.

 

                I sat at near the glass window to get a good shine of the sun and smiling while watching how awkward it was for Cara. She was so stiffed since she entered the Café Vanilla and saw that Min-ho was the one who sent the bouquet of flowers for her.

 

                “I wonder, if she will be okay,” I muttered quietly and sipped the coffee I ordered.

 

                When I saw that Cara wasn’t quite rigid, I didn’t watch it anymore and surf the net for the building that Cara said where the malware was kept. The building was quite near to us just a ten minute walk and you were there. But as I checked the owner, there was no name that comes up. And when there was one it is not the real owner.

 

                Just like what Cara said, there was something fishy with this building. Since, we were on a lie low until the alarmed state of the Triad was in effect. I couldn’t move without being traced back even if you are the best hacker, one wrong move and they would find me.

 

                "What are you doing?" A familiar annoying voice asked me.

 

                I looked up and saw that it was really stupid Jiyong who was talking and he sat himself comfortably in front of me. I smiled and closed my laptop. "Surfing the net while sipping coffee, stupid Jiyong," I replied to captain obvious.

 

                "Hey, I'm not stupid," he whined like a child who doesn’t like his nickname. "Anyway, why are you alone?"

 

                "You want some coffee," I offered. He shook his head. Judging by his clothes, he had a transaction. "For the answer, Cara went somewhere and Lilly and Clarisse are on a trip to Jeju." I replied. Why was talking to him was easy breezy like I knew him for decades than days? I always answer his question like I’d known him for years.

 

                "Is that for me?" I pointed on the bouquet of flower that was in his hands. It was even pink roses.

 

                "Yes, it's for you. Do you like the color?" He looked like his mind was in utter chaos because he looked shock when I asked about the bouquet.

 

                I smiled and smelled the flowers. I would have been exuberant if it was tulips. I was looking for tulips at ajhumma’s shop when we bought the red roses for Cara but there was none. "Yes, I love pink roses. How did you know?"

 

                "I'm goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter