Wishes

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21:

 

Leigh’s P.O.V

 

                Well, who would have known that an interesting twist would come alight from a simple cctv footage? Who would have known that by one single person, you would dig a much more information of pure hatred? This was fun. I never would have guessed that someone as cruel as them was just lurking around the corners waiting to eat its prey.

 

                “Who would have thought that it is her,” Lilly said as she read the research done by Dara and Bom unnie to the girl.

 

                "A major reconstruction of the body and a little minute detail on the face would change this girl into this one." Cara pointed on the photo of before and after.

 

                "It's a good thing she did or else she would have been dead. Lae-won is looking for the girl in the photo according to what we had gathered in the poker club," Clarisse said.

 

                “Who wouldn’t be? I will vow my revenge when he stomps on me like I’m a thing she used and have to throw away,” I grumbled defensively. “Anyway, he must have met her there. But for them to take the opportunity like this, don't you think that's too much of a coincidence?"

 

               They all looked at me and thought about it. There were so many odd things about what we had gathered ourselves. They were not something an outsider should see but it was also a great piece of information.

 

               “Every underground group had grave sins in their history. We also have too,” Cara stated.

 

                “All groups could have a black sheep in their stead. To think that, she is only a pawn for a bigger plan,” I muttered mockingly.

 

                They must have put those thoughts into her mind to do what she did that day. Then they grabbed the chance to instill the hatred inside Lae-won's heart and mind. It was never an elaborate plan but it worked well to their side.

 

                I sneered in contempt. A person's greed could never be measured on how long you have known him or her. It could never be seen as long as he bowed to you and swore loyalty. A person's mind could be easily manipulated when he was struck by hatred and wrath. A person's heart and conscience didn't matter as long as you have him. A person's loyalty and friendship didn't matter as long as he looks up and you look down.

 

                The world was full of pretenses. You might never know one of them was the snake you were looking for and before you know it, he was strangling you to death.

 

                "What are you thinking?" They all asked at the same time.

 

                I smirked and answered, "There is one thing that they didn't plan to happen.” They gave me the ‘what’ look. I chuckled then continue before they wrestle me for the suspense. “It is the greediness of the person they manipulated."

 

                "What do you mean by that," Cara inquired.

 

                "Once he fulfilled what they wanted, they could step up like they planned to but Lae-won made a group that could overthrow the Triad once they are seated."

 

                "So, they will face greater consequences to what they had created," Lilly pertained.

 

                I nodded and smiled. "The thing is Lae-wo's plan is to annihilate the biggest groups in one place. That's why Kumiko is flying to Korea together with some of her men to talk to about this with the Triad. His plan is going accordingly except for us," I said amused.

 

                "And why are you amused?" Cara raised a brow at me and her arms crossed.

 

                "Well, I'm not yet being reported as Jiyong's apple of the eye since he's not moving to come after me." Yeah, they should have targeted me if they knew that I was being the apple of the eye of Jiyong. A best way to break someone was to break his loved one first.

 

                “I am thinking about that too. It makes me anxious that he is not grabbing you yet.” Cara has the same opinion with me. That was why she couldn’t be happy all in all because being the apple of the eye of stupid Jiyong would make me target.

 

                “So, basically, he’s not the cliché person,” Lilly asked.

 

                I shook my head. “He’s the type that doesn’t go what’s not in the plan. I am seen as nothing but a girl of Jiyong,” I corrected her. “He prepared this plan for almost two years and we are being regarded as someone that is not a significant subject.”

 

                They exchanged glances then started to laugh. He was blind. We were the significant subject he needed to complete his plan. The significant people he was looking for.

 

                “When will Kumiko arrive?” I asked Cara when we were already in the living room watching a rom-com movie chosen by the twins.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter