Misery

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23:

 

TOP’s P.O.V

 

                Had it been two days since he was living in hell? It had been two days since he drunk himself to sleep and trashed things within his sight. But whenever there was a transaction, he would act normal but when it was done, he would straightly go home and locked himself in his apartment.

 

                The rest of us were silent as we see him like that. Jiyong had finally met her but he had to let go because he wasn’t sure if he could protect her. Seeing her alive and well was better than seeing her in danger and dead.

 

                “Is he asleep already?” Youngbae asked wearily.

 

                I nodded in response. “I will just go outside,” and have to take a breather from this forlorn atmosphere, I added in my mind. It was suffocating in there. Everything felt so gloomy and stuffy in there.

 

                While walking in the streets, I saw Cara and Min-ho eating in a café. She saw me and smiled and waved. I smiled and waved back. I wanted to go there but Jiyong ordered us to stay away from the girls. I wanted to know if Leigh was doing well or if she wasn’t.

 

                The last time we saw her, she was smiling normally while waving goodbye. It was like she didn’t want to burden us of seeing her sad. Even Jiyong was smiling then but we knew he wasn’t all right at all. How hard was it to crack the acting of Leigh then? She really was like happy and nothing was wrong.

 

                A long while after, I saw Lilly and Clarisse buying bread. “Annyeong,” I greeted them. They screamed in surprise while holding their hearts. I chuckled but apologized for scaring them.

 

                “It’s alright.” Lilly replied while choosing more bread. “Will she like this?” She pushed the bread in to Clarisse face.

 

                “She will,” she replied uninterested then looked at the bread.

 

                “Uhmm…Can I ask,” they stopped and stared at me. I shook my head when I remembered what Jiyong had said. If you value their life, don’t talk and meet with them anymore. Don’t drag them to our problems. I smiled and said, “It’s nothing.”

 

                Clarisse smiled and voiced out, “She’s okay. You don’t need to worry about your little sister. She personally said that no need to worry about her.”

 

                I bowed my head and left them. She was okay, that was a relief.  Another long while, the one I saw made me smile. She was riding a bike casually smiling as the breeze hits her face. My face instantly hardened when I saw shady people following her. I briskly walked to get them before they cornered her.

 

                “Why are you following her,” I asked while I was holding the man’s neck.

 

                “Who are you anyway,” he shouted back.

 

                His saliva was all over my face. Damn this guy! I punched him in the gut once more and he crumbled to the floor. I pulled out my handkerchief and wipe the spit of my face. I stepped on him this time for safety purposes.

 

                “Arasso, I will talk already. A girl name Min Sohee went to us and pay us a sum of money to scare the girl away from her lover.” He said in fear. Who wouldn’t? I already had a knife in his neck while putting all my weight to my feet.

 

                “Scram off if you still want to live. And get away from that girl if you want to live too.” I warned. They nodded and scrammed in different directions. Yeah, if they wanted their lives to be safe from Jiyong, they should stay away from that girl.

 

                Min Sohee, eh? She was going to be dead meat once I say this to Jiyong. Ani (No), we were ordered to stay away from them. I would be clobbered up if he knew I spoke to Lilly and Clarisse and would be scolded for seeing her even if it was accidental.

 

                Min Sohee, you would be safe for now but you are in my sight already. I would not let you harm my little sister.

 

Leigh’s P.O.V

 

                I smiled as my eyes swept TOP oppa walking in the sidewalk. He really had this gloomy face while walking like he didn’t know where too. I then knew that he will see the guys following me for almost an hour already.

 

                I turned right into the streets and parked my bike then went back and looked at the corner seeing TOP punching the hell out of them. They really know how to fight; those goons didn’t even land a fist or two to him. I leaned back in the wall and eavesdropped.

 

                So, as I predicted Sohee wanted to scare me. She should have ordered a shoot to kill if she wanted to get rid of me but if she did that, the Min clan she was so proud of would be annihilated together with the Triad. That would be fun.

 

                I walked away when I heard what I wanted to hear. “Thanks TOP oppa,” I mumbled. But you would be shaken when you knew that the girl you protected was something that was something bigger than what she seems.

 

                “Leigh,” Dara unnie stopped her car in front of me. “Get in,” she said.

 

                I slid in and she drove in the street like her sit was on fire. “Did something happen,” I asked her.

 

                “I needed to talk about you something,” she answered.

 

                I was pacing back and forth in our new home. Cara was out still with babylove while the twins were busy fooling around while they can. This time they couldn’t do any of that anymore. But I wouldn’t ask Cara to break with Min-ho even if some things were to happen beyond comprehension. She needed someone like Min-ho.

 

                You have to be careful, now. With all this happening and you being here accidentally will complete his plan and his plan is set on motion. Leigh-ssi, the whole clan wants you safe and you being so carefree about roaming around in this city is not sitting well with them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter