THIRTY FIVE

Confession

“Well, you may introduce yourself.” Miss Song ordered, while taking a look at Hyeri’s resume.

“Hello, my name is Lee Hyeri. I’m 18. I graduated as a high school student at Daehan High School. I am applying as a salesgirl, but I am applying for part time as I am waiting for my applicants to be accepted.” Hyeri nervously spoke.

“Tell us, why we must select you?” the other judges asked,

“Firstly, I’m 18, which obviously showing that I am young. Young people have great tastes, so customers may have confidence in their choices if I recommend it to them. I have a strong memory, so that I won’t forget the details on the things that I am selling. I am also, umm.. you can say that with my outstanding visual,  I can sell things well.” Hyeri confidently said.

The judges starts to write comments on the paper scores, including Ha Neul.

NAME: LEE HYERI

SELF PRESENTATION

10/10

SELF VALUES

10/10

APPEARANCES

10/10

ATTITUDE

10/10

RESUME

10/10

 

Yes. Ha Neul wants her to pass the interview.


“Here, I’ve got a list of 50 branded bags with details in my hand. We’ll give you 5 minutes to have a look, and we’ll ask you a few questions.” Miss Song handed out the list.

“5 minutes?” Hyeri asked.

Miss Song nodded as a yes.

Hyeri gulped down. She quickly scan the paper. As if the time was having a race, it come pass 5 minutes as fast as  a lightning.

“Time’s up, Miss Hyeri. You may give the list back.”

Hyeri’s hands were trembling when she gave back the list.

“So, Miss Hyeri, lets proceed to the questions.”

“O-okay.”


“Yah, Park Jimin. You better hurry up before I crush you to pieces!!” Hyeri scowled as she called Jimin.

As soon as she is done with the interview, she fasten her steps to the café and waited for Jimin to pick her up. She can’t wait to get out of the building. Half of her do not want the job but the other half of her is defeated with the value of the salary offered.

“Hyeri.”

Hyeri heard a familiar voice behind her. She gulped down her saliva, very hard.

“Oh, hey, H-Ha Neul.” Hyeri tries to controlled her surprised face.

“Hi. I, did not expect to see you here.” Ha Neul took a seat infront of Hyeri.

“I didn’t expect you either.” Hyeri smirked,

“Well, long time no see.” Ha Neul giggled,

“I do not wish to see you.” Hyeri blurted, as she tries to control her ego.

“Still the old Hyeri huh?”

“I am satisfied with myself. You have no rights to critic me.” Hyeri scoffed, without looking at Ha Neul.

Deep inside, she felt envy. Ha Neul is seriously great in everything. Academics, appearance, wealth, and not to forget, she acts very well too. Who could have expect her to be the heiress of the KCorp. If she was Ha Neul, she will crushed everyone down, wearing glitters, and not to forget to beat down those Jeguk High girls who looked her down.

“How’s life?” Ha Neul asked.

“Diffi- Why do you need to know?!” Hyeri exclaimed, praying that Ha Neul will not ask further more questions.

“I—Jimin!” Ha Neul squeaked as she saw Jimin sprinting towards them.

“K-Kang Ha Neul!” Jimin pointed towards Ha Neul as if he saw a frightening ghost.

“Hello!” Ha Neul smiled as she waved towards Jimin.

But as soon as Jimin arrives, Hyeri grab Jimin’s hand and drag him away from the situation.

“Bye.” Ha Neul whispered softly, looking at Jimin and Hyeri dissappearing from her sight.


As the day reaches 2 in the evening, the interview had ended well, without Mr.Kang’s presence.

From:Chanyeol

Exhausted?

A text came in from Chanyeol. Ha Neul smiled upon reading the text.  As she bids farewell to everyone, she lead herself to the cafeteria and ordered herself a cup of tea.

To:Chanyeol

You can say so.

In a blink of an eye, a reply came in.

From: Chanyeol

Need an energy booster?

To: Chanyeol

I wish.

From: Chanyeol

Here you are.

“Miss, here is your cup of tea.”

Ha Neul’s order arrived right after the text.

“Thanks.”

As soon as Ha Neul looks up to thank the waiter, she was astonished as she saw Chanyeol.

“Hello!” Chanyeol greeted, taking a seat in front of Ha Neul.

“What are you doing here?” Ha Neul asked,

“Giving energy boosters.” Chanyeol beamed,

“Yeah, right.” Ha Neul snorted, not believing Chanyeol's words.

“How’s the visit?” Chanyeol asked, while putting both of his hands under his chin, staring at Ha Neul.

“Stop looking at me like that.” Ha Neul muttered, as she was distracted with Chanyeol’s stares.

“Like what?” Chanyeol smiled, foolishly.

“Like this.” Ha Neul stood up, gathers some courage and put her face near Chanyeol’s, making their noses barely touches each other’s.

“Kang Ha Neul.” A stern familiar voice echoes in the cafeteria.

“D-dad!”

“Mr.Kang.”

Both of them stood up nervously, surprised upon Ha Neul’s dad appearances.

“What are you doing here?” Mr.Kang asked,

“The interview just ended so I—“ Ha Neul tries to explain, but Mr.Kang does not allows her to.

“I’m asking Mr.Park.” Mr.Kang glared Chanyeol, causing Chanyeol to trembles.

“I’m, umm giving a visit towards Ha Neul.” Chanyeol explained.

“How did you know she is here?” Mr.Kang asked,

“Well, I just found out.” Chanyeol lied, as he knows Ha Neul will receive a scold if he tells the truth.

“How’s your company?” Mr.Kang asked, sarcastically.

“My company is f—“ before Chanyeol could continue, Mr.Kang cuts him.

“I believe it is still unstable, plus with your dad’s weak condition. You are not suppose to waste your time flirting with my daughter with your condition.” Mr.Kang said, with a serious tone.

“Dad.” Ha Neul tries to rebel.

“I understand Mr.Kang. I apologise for my mistakes. Hope to see you again, Ha Neul, Mr.Kang” Chanyeol smiled, bidding farewell towards the two.

“B-bye.” Ha Neul stuttered, gritting her teeth, controlling her anger.

Mr.Kang stood himself near Ha Neul,

“I told you not to develop any feelings for him.” Mr.Kang angered..

“I don’t! W-well, he’s my friend!” Ha Neul exclaimed.

“Are you sure?” Mr.Kang asked, searching for confirmation, and the truth from Ha Neul.

“W—well. I am sure.” Ha Neul lied.

I don’t know.