As Fate Would Have It....

LUCY

It was another day at the grocery story, sweeping, stalking, working the register and dealing with customers. It was Yunho's normal routine, but he did it with a smile all because he knew at the end of the day, it was all for Lucy. He had dropped her off at school that morning, an everyday occurance it seemed like except for having the weekends in which he spent with her, playing games, make believe and watching her favorite movies or shows. He smiled even brighter just thinking about his little girl. The women that came into the store all swooned over Yunho's good looks and his smile was definantly something that made these old ahjimmas come back all the time. Yunho didnt mind, or he just didnt noticed that these ahjimmas were literally undressing him with their eyes when he wasnt looking. His bosue just shook his head, seeing that Yunho had no idea what kind of game he had with women. He also didnt understand how he could care for a waegukin like it was his own. He believed that she belonged with her own people and Yunho should have left her to another waegukin family to care for her. But instead Yunho was caring for this waegukin child like it was his own. He shook his head at the thought of the little child. Yunho continued working, just thinking about going home and cooking dinner for Lucy and helping with what little homework if she had any and then to read her a bed time story. He didnt think of anyone buy Lucy. A true caring loving father.

So-eun was tring to keep her nerves calm. She hadnt done a article on her own, nor less proposed it to bosue. She wasnt sure if she was ready. Many times her bosue would have walked by her desk, or pass her by in the hall, but So-eun never said anything. She was nervous. Not sure if it was a good idea. After a few hours, it was already lunch time and the bosue was already out. Instead of sticking around the office, Eun decided maybe it was best to go out for lunch, taking her rough draft of an idea with her to help make it a better proposal to the bosue. She headed down to a small local cafe that she liked to frequently visit to have some fresh air. She really needed sometime to think and get herself mentaly prepared for meeting up with her bosue. As Eun was about to enter the cafe, a young man had bumped into, taking her purse and papers, now running down the street. Without thinking, So-eun ran after him. Her purse had everything, from her money, her I.D. and keys. Hell it had her work badge in it as well. But he also had the one thing that could promote her in her career. She had no choice but to chase after him.

"HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE STOP HIM!" She cried out as she ran after him, hoping someone would hear her just ahead of him. She pushed past alot of people, most just turning to see what was going on till the man had past by them so they move out of the way.

"PLEASE! SOMEBODY STOP HIM! HE'S STOLEN MY PURSE! HELP ME PLEASE!" She cried out even more.

Yunho was outside sweeping when he could hear someone yelling out. He couldnt make it out, so he looked around the corner to see a man running with a purse and someone that was falling behind trying to chase him. He quickly grabbed the mop bucket that was still full of water, throwing it onto the street, knowing that the newly (and odly enough) tiled sidewalk  (thanks to the neighboring resturant) would be slick. The man came to the corner in which Yunho had tampered by making it wet, the man then slipped and fell, dropping the purse and other possesions he had tried to take from the owner who was just behind him. Yunho turned the corner, knowing that someone was still running.

Just as So-eun had turned the same corner, she slipped. Yunho didnt hesitate as he instantly caught her in mid-fall. There he was face to face with the woman he had met that night at the club. Face flushed red with exhaustion, probably from running after the theif and screaming out to someone to help her. So-eun couldnt breath. There he was, after her long chase after the man who stole her things, she was not only saved from falling, but was face to face to the man in which made her think of her idea for her new article. The two of them just stood their, silently looking at one another, So-eun still in the quick arms of Yunho as the Ahjimmas all swoon over how breath-taking romantic the scene had played out before them looked. Yunho soon realized that he should probably help her up to her feet. So-eun still felt like the air in the world was gone as the man in front of her had saved her from busting her head open on a strangely tiled sidewalk.

"Are you ok?" Yunho asked after setting the girl back on her feet. So-eun could only nod. She took her eyes off him to see the man she had been chasing had fallen, her purse now just a few feet in front of her, but her papers were scattered everywhere. Some where still in the air, drifting down slowly before landing on the ground around her. Eun was then broke from her trance and now a bit releaved but still annoyed. Yunho left her to grab her purse and brought it to her. Eun bent down to the ground, picking up the scattered papers she knew were out of order and completel in a mess. Yunho returned with her purse and a few of her papers.

"Here, let me help you with this!" He stated, piling her papers together as he had brought a few back for her. Eun wanted to cry from the stress but at the same time she was stunned. Was this guy, who lead her on a wild goose chase meant to lead her to this man, the man in which she was basing her article from. As she thought about it, it almost seemed like it was fate.

It didnt take long before Yunho had helped her gather all her papers. The small silence was now broken, and the two of them looked at one another. Yunho smiled at her, not remembering her until now that she was the same girl at the club. He was about to ask if she was there when she had spoken.

"T-thank you! Thank you so much!" She stated. She bowed politely, thankful to him for not only getting the article back for her and her purse but for also keeping her from falling down during her chase. Yunho smiled.

"Oh no, it was nothing. I'm just glad your belongings were returned and that you didnt fall." Yunho stated. It seemed their conversation was a bit awkward as the store owner only shook his head, seeing what the two people infront of his store couldnt see. The two of them were attracted to one another and it was obvious that they had met or at the very least seen each other before. The two awkward people just stood their, with idiotic smiles on their faces as they tried to produce words that made sense. Eun had found the ideal man, her heart was fluttering, and she could feel her face flush. Yunho was just about to ask for her name when her phone went off in her purse. So-eun answered to hear her coworker was fanticly asking where she was. Eun realized she had been running after the theif during her entire lunch break and she was suppose to already be back at work.

"I'll be right there!" Hanging up the phone she turned to the man behind her, mentally kicking herself for wasting time.

"I'm sorry but I have to go! Thank you for your help but I am late!" She quickly turned and ran down the street.

"BYE! THANK YOU AGAIN!" She shouted as she continued down the street to head to work. Even though she was late, she smiled. She may not have his name, but atleast now she knows where to find him.

Yunho just watched her run down the street in a mad dash, completely in awe at how this girl seemed to come and go so quickly. Before he could continue thinking about it, he was called back in to work. His shift would end soon and he would have to head to the school to pick up Lucy. He had to get back to reality. But at least on his own time, he could ponder back to this moment.