Never say goodbye...

LUCY

Today was the funeral, everyone dressed in black but wore a pink ribbon around their wrist for Lucy who loved the color pink. Yunho had a locket of her blonde hair in his hand as he ran it along his palm. It was a small piece of her he could keep of her. So-eun was next to him, crying as she listened to the man read from the bible. He spoke about heaven and that the passage to heaven, the pearly gates and Saint Peter waiting to let those who have gone and let them into God's Kingdom. She found it hard to listen as she watched Lucy's body being lowered into the ground. She was burried in the dress she was to wear at Donghae's and Guen-young wedding but instead she would wear it into heaven. Siwon had a flower tiara made and gave it to her during the wake. It was time for speeches and Heechul was the first to give one. He stood infront of everyone and began.

"Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting. That's what J.M. Barrie wrote in Peter pan. And in truth, those words have alot of meaning. Lucy was a girl worth never forgetting. She showed us to love, how to enjoy the little things and to accept that sometimes a story can be better then many things. Her favorite story was Sleeping beauty, and I feel that we were unlucky not to have a fairy to grant our wishes. I had wished all this week and even beyond that I could stop it from happening. But again, J.M. Barrie  wrote, To die would be an awfully big adventure. And I realized, that even though she was gone, she had moved on to a bigger adventure that we are not ready for. She is off to a place where her biological parents await. They have been waiting along time for her!" Heechul spoke. It seemed for the first time, Heechul wasnt being so childish and gave us words that we needed to hear.

"For to have faith, is to have wings, and Lucy has wings now. She has now gained her wings she need to soar across the sky. So instead of saying goodbye, cause I dont want to forget the light you brought into my life, I will instead say goodnight, for its only a slumber till you wake up in Neverland." Heechul broke down to tears and returned to the group. They were all in tears now. Sunflowers were passed to each of them and the funeral was now ending. Yoon-young and Doona walked up to the grave where the casket that held Lucy in and let their sunflowers fall to her. Yoon-young lead Doona away and Siwon and Min-a approached next. Heechul followed next. Donghae and Guen-young looked at each other and to Yunho before they too went to where Lucy would lay forever and dropped their sunflowers.

Behind Yunho, his Omma, Appa and dongsae who carried roses. Yunho looked at his family who he had missed for so long. They came to pay their respects to the child they would never get to know. They walked to the Lucy's final resting place and let their roses fall. They let out a few tears of regret and sorrow before leaving, following Yunho's friends. So-eun turned to Yunho, kissing him and wiping his tears away before she took her sunflower. She stood over Lucy and smiled.

"Its never going to be the same. I am going to miss brushing your hair, telling you new stories and buying you new movies. If it wasnt for you, I dont think I would have ever met your appa in the first place. Now your leaving us, and I dont think I can handle that very well." She cried. She wipped her tears away and smiled.

"I just wish if I have a child, they will take after you!" She let her flower fall as she let her tears fall with them before she left. She reached out to Yunho who was waiting to have his last moment alone. He slowly walked up the Lucy, finding that she would now be resting, able to look up at the stars from where her final resting place was.

"Well, I am not sure what to say." Yunho struggled to talk. He looked at the flower in his hand as he could see why it will always remind him of his baby. It was bright like her hair and her smile. It was as if she was smiling at him through the flower and he smiled back.

"I am not sure how I am gonna get over not reading you to sleep every night. Not having you come running to me and giving me a hug everday. I'll miss your tales from school." Tears began to fall onto the flower as he talked.

"I have lived six years with you, caring for you and I am not sure how I ever lived without you. I know I will never truely froget you nor will I get over losing you." He tried to stop himself from crying. He looked up at the sky and took a few deep breaths. He closed his eyes and thought long and hard what Lucy would be doing. A rain dropped from the sky, landing on his face. He opened his eyes and saw nothing but clear blue skies. He smiled. To him it was a sign that his baby was happy to see her appa but knew she would not meet him for a very long time. So she gave him a single tear from heaven to let him know she was thinking of him. He smiled and looked at the flower. He kissed it and let it fall to where Lucy lay. He finally turned away and walked to where So-eun waited for him. He smiled at her, pulling her into his embrace and kissed her. The two of them walked to the cars where they would all meet up and his family home, have a nice dinner and go over their memories, sharing it with his long awaited family who missed him deeply with his friends and girlfriend.