Appa

LUCY

So guys, cause I have finished writing "Lucy" and I am so happy to have finished it but so ready to hear what yall think of it, but you have so many chapters to go so... I will be posting 2 chapters a week, every Wednesday for you guys and I hope that you all enjoy the chapters untill we get toward the end. Thank you guys for continuing to read and I am happy to reply to your comments as soon as possible. So here is this weeks two chapters!

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yunho was working hard at the store, cleaning the floor and fixing the shelves as he restocked them. His bosue was there working the counter when the phone rang. Yunho was too far away to answer the store phone so his bosue answered. The old man picked up the phone, answering when he turned to Yunho who hadnt noticed he was staring at him. The old man knew this news wasnt good and would more then likely make Yunho leave for the day. He sighed and told the person on the line that he have him call back on break which was only thirty minutes away. After hanging up the phone he turned back to Yunho who turned to him and smiled. He didnt smile back, instead nodded knowing that that smile just might fade away. The store got busy before Yunho was able to take his break but once he was leaving for a break his bosue stopped him.

"Yunho!" He called. Yunho turned to him listening and waiting for what his bosue wanted.

"Earlier today, someone called for you. Take the day off and call home!" His bosue stated. Yunho looked confused. He grabbed his things and began to leave. As far as he knew, no one was home. Lucy was in school and So-eun was at work. His mind kept wondering what it was that his bosue was talking about. He quickly ran home, worried about what the phone call was that he returned, dripping in sweat. He looked around the apartment to find no one was there. He felt a weight lift off his shoulders, finding that he had nothing to worry about. Then his cell rang. He looked at the screen to see who was calling. He hesitated, not sure if he should answer. He finally decided to answer, placing the phone to his ear.

"Oppa..." A female voice was on the other line. Yunho recognised the voice right away, his body tensing up as he heard the words she told him over the phone.

 

So-eun recieved a text from Yunho saying he wouldnt be able to pick Lucy up from school today. She knew she would have to make sure to pick Lucy in time. So-eun was happy to do it. She turned to her computer screen as she continued writing her next article. Doona was just across from her working on figuring out what to write next. She had many ideas but usually most never made it into the magazine. She turned to look at her friend So-eun as she worked hard with a smile on her face. She could see her friend was happy, truely happy. She hadnt seen her happy in a long time. Ever since she had been in a relationship by herself since her cheating ex never paid any attention to her cause he was busy with his other girlfriends. She was just glad to see So-eun had finally met someone who would treat her right. Yoon-young soon came to their desk, bored as she always was.

"Oh So-eun! Doona! I really need your help tonight. I have a date but its a double date so I need someone to go with me." She pleaded. Doona looked at her seeing she was looking back at her. Doona took her headphones, put them in her ear and blasted music through them so to ignore her. Yoon-young could tell her answer right away. She turned to So-eun who smiled at her.

"I am sorry Yoon but I already have plans." She shared. Yoon-young was out of choices. Her friends would not be going with her.

"So much for this hot date." She uttered as she walked away. Doona watched as So-eun went straight to work when Yoon left. She didnt have much free time but that was something that came with dating a man with a child. A single parent never really had alot of free time but So-eun helped him out alot. Doona smiled which wasnt something she did often as she thought about how much had changed for her friend.

 

Yunho walked through the hospital doors, finding the front desk. He was just about to ask the assistant at the desk when he heard the familiar voice.

"Oppa!" Yunho turned to find his sister standing there. She looked like she had been crying. He ran over to her and hugged her. She nearly began to cry in his arms but she was all out of tears. He pulled her away, holding her infront of him as he looked to her for answers.

"What happened?" He asked. She looked him in the eyes.

"Appa....Appa had a heart attack." She stated. Yunho didnt flinch. He just looked at his sister to see that she was telling the truth and it hurt to talk about it. He pulled her in for another hug as he consoled her. She wanted to cry, one cause she was scared for what would happen to her appa but two cause she hadnt seen her brother in so long. He walked with her to where his Omma waited in the waiting room. She spotted him, seeing her son for the first time in so long. Tears fell from her eyes as she was happy to see him.

"Yunho!" She called. He went to his omma and hugged her. He had missed her so much but he was sure she missed him the most. They hugged each other for a good while, taking in the lost times they had not seen one another. Soon the doctor came out of one of the rooms seeing the family. He approached them.

"You must be Yunho." The doctor stated. Yunho let his mother go and turned to the doctor.

"He is waiting for you." The doctor shared. He motioned for him to enter. Yunho sighed for he had not seen his appa in so long. He followed the doctor into the room where he found his appa laying on the bed waiting for him. He didnt say anything as he sat in the chair next to the bed. The doctor left to leave them be. Once the door shut his appa turned to him.

"I am surprised you came." He stated. Yunho didnt say anything he just sat there waiting for whatever his appa was going to say to him. The man could tell Yunho was not happy to see him. He sighed.

"I take it you still have that waegukin child still?"

"Her name is Lucy!" Yunho corrected his appa. The man didnt let his son's outburst effect him. He shurgged it off and continued.

"I figured you would find taking care of another's child too taxing that you would have given her up by now." He stated. Yunho turned away from the man, not wanting to listen.

"Yunho my son, why dont you come home. Send the child to the american embassy so she can be adopted by her own and come home where your real family..."

"ENOUGH!!!" Yunho shouted. He was breating heavily as he stared down his appa.

"YOU KEPT TELLING ME THAT ONE DAY I WOULD GROW UP TO BE A WONDERFUL MAN WHO WILL HAVE A FAMILY. SO WHAT THAT I HAVE TAKEN IN A CHILD NOT OF MY BLOOD. SO WHAT THAT I CHOSE TO RAISE HER AS MY OWN. YOU TAUGHT ME TO BE THIS MAN AND YET WHEN I MADE THE DESICION TO RAISE HER YOU DISOWN ME. YOU ABANDONED ME WHEN I NEEDED HELP, I NEEDED HELP RAISING A CHILD AND BECAUSE SHE WASNT MINE YOU ABANDONED ME!" Yunho shouted out, shouting out all his bent up feeling toward his appa. His appa just stared at his son, hearing those words hit his heart.

"Yunho..."

"No, you listen to me. I will not abandon a child who has no one, who relies on me to live. You may think its easy but it's not. Lucy is a wonderful daughter and if you had even been part of our lives you would have known that." Yunho stated. Yunho was angry, so angry at his appa for all the things he said when he first returned home with Lucy. That day was the day Yunho learned that his appa would never accept Lucy and cause of Yunho not obeying his appa his omma and dongsae were not allowed to speak to him. His appa sighed, turning away from him as he looked out the window.

"I was trying to do what was best for you." He stated. Yunho could see his appa would not faulter from his decission. He turned away, left the room and said goodbye to his Omma and Dongsae. They cried as they watch Yunho leave again which they didnt know when they would see one another again. Yunho had tears in his eyes, both of saddness and of anger. He would never understand his appa.