Why I said those things before...

LUCY

So-eun returned home late that night. Lucy was already in bed asleep and Yunho sat at the dinning table by himself, his head down as he looked down at papers. So-eun smiled at him, he must have been working hard that now he was stressing over some sort of paper work. She came up behind him, hugging his back as she wrapped her arms around him. He hugged her arms and thats when she noticed his tears. He had been crying. She sat next to him, pulling his body to look at her. She could see he was in pain, crying silently. He pulled her into his arms. So-eun didnt know why but she cried with him, feeling the pain in her heart to see her boyfriend in agony but not knowing why.

 

The next morning So-eun woke up really early. Yunho wasnt in the bed, he had mostly cried the night away and only slept a few hours. She came out of the room to find him in the same spot he was when she came home, sitting at the table looking at the papers. She never got him to tell her what was wrong but she knew it was something bad. Next to him was the box of things that belonged to Lucy's omma. It didnt take long for her to realize it had to do with Lucy. She sat next down to him, waiting for him to look at her. He read the papers, over and over again, trying to understand the words. He studied them trying to figure out what to do. Lucy was still asleep in her room and would be for a few more hours but Yunho couldnt. So-eun took his hand in hers, trying to let him know she was there and waiting for him to respond.

"Yunho?" She called. He turned to her looking to see she was worried. He mustered up a smile, which was weak and barely even a smile. He leaned in and kissed her cheek then turned back to the paper work in front of him. So-eun didnt get an answer to her question. Yunho was hurting and she couldnt help him and she didnt know what it was making him hurt, but he was trying his hardest to hide it from her and even Lucy.

A few hours later, Lucy came out of her room, still tired and hungry. So-eun started to prepare Lucy's medicine but couldnt find it anywhere. She searched the kitchen, the bathroom,  the bedrooms and even her pack from school. She turned to Yunho who still sat at the table reading the papers.

"Yunho, do you know where Lucy's medicine is?" She asked. For the first time since he kissed her this morning, he looked up at her.

"She doesnt need it anymore." He stated. So-eun looked at him confused.

"What do you mean she doesnt need it, she still is running a fever." She explained which for the first time Yunho raised his voice at her.

"THE DOCTOR SAID SHE DONT NEED IT SO SHE DOESNT NEED IT!" Lucy began to cry. She hardly ever heard her appa raise his voice and it shocked her to tears. So-eun was shocked too but also upset that he couldnt even explain why. She ushered Lucy to her room, put in a movie for her and calmed her down before she made her a small breakfast. She left her room to see Yunho who hadnt moved from his spot. She was going to get her answers and she was going to get them now.

"What the hell was that?" She asked. Yunho sighed, trying to read the papers infront of him.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"When you raised your voice at me. What was that all about?" She asked again. He raised his arms up to his temples, rubbing them from the stress.

"Nothing." He uttered. She shook her head at him.

"Nothing? NOTHING?" She rose her voice to him. For the first time they were fighting. It was bound to happen at some point and now it was.

"How can you say its nothing? I came home to find you upset about something but you wont share it with me and you are taking it out on me. How am I suppose to feel or even react to that?" Yunho began to gather the paper work on the table. He didnt want to fight but he didnt want to share either so he took the paper work and took it to the bedroom, slaming the door. So-eun began to cry. She was now stressing out and couldnt figure out why he was acting that way toward her.

 

It was like this for nearly a month. Lucy missed alot of school to the point that a letter came in about how she would be held back if she didnt return to school soon. She also been sick and was getting worse and no amount of medicine was making her feel any better. Yunho went over paper work every night, lossing sleep, and lossing his patients. So-eun was stressing out so much it was effecting her work. Doona, Yoon-young and Min-a could tell something was bothering her but she couldnt share. None of the guys knew what was going on which they felt was strange since they knew everything about Yunho and Lucy. It seemed that something stranged to be going on between the couple. Heechul was the first to finally visit the apartment only to feel the tension in the air. Yunho didnt share anything with his friend and he could see that Lucy was sick. After awhile Heechul finally left and shared what he had witnessed at the apartment which only left everyone with more questions. So-eun was at her wits end that she finally decided to leave the apartment. She been living with Doona for a week and it seemed she would cry herself to sleep every night.

Yunho was looking at all the paper work, read every word and finally came to the end. Every word he had read about Lucy's condition and how her treatment would consist of if she were to have her treatment. He broke down into tears. No matter what treatments she would take, nothing was garenteed. It seemed no matter what they would do, it would either change nothing or make things worse and he didnt want that for Lucy. The only other option was to let her live the rest of her days and make sure it was one of comfort. Yunho cried! After so long he couldnt believe there was nothing that could save his daughter. So-eun had moved out, and he understood. He treated her like crap for the last month and he didnt blame her for leaving. Lucy was with Siwon and Min-a. She was staying with them for the weekend, giving Yunho a break. Yunho cired in his apartment alone, feeling like the world had given him nothing but dispare. Suddenly his phone rang. He looked at the number to see it was his appa. He answered the phone.

"What do you want?" Yunho spat at his appa through his tears. The man didnt think nothing of his son's atittude. He just sighed and greeted his son.

"Yunho! We need to talk."

 

Yunho went to his appa's place of work, which was another's doctors office. He walked into his appa's office to find he had everything on Lucy's condition and even on the woman who had given birth to Lucy. Yunho was shocked to see this.

"How did you get this?" He asked, wondering what his appa had aquired all the information.

"Sit down!" He motioned his son to sit which he did, waiting for his anwers. He was now going to tell him everything.

"Nearly six and a half years ago, I had a patient who came in. She was a young waegukin woman who was very ill. She came in to see me for some medical help which no mater what we did, it made no changes. She was also pregnaunt with a child. A little girl. I told her that I could treat her with another method but she would have to abort the child in order to do it. Of course she choose not to since the child was of her late husband who had passed earlier that year." He sighed, now finally telling his son the reason why he had said the things he had said for so long.

"She soon gave birth to a little girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. Which she named..."

"Lucy!" Yunho finally filled in the blank. His appa nodded.

"Because she choose not to take the medical advise, not only did she get worse but she had inflicted that illness onto her own child. I had tested her child and she only at her first stage, maybe not even that. But since her mother knew she was losing time, she made some choices, leaving her child with her neighbor who would accept her if she had not returned from her surgical treatment." He took a breath, finding that his son didnt need to have this thrown into his lap all so suddenly but it was well needed to know. Yunho was finally understanding all the warnings his father gave him.

"I tried to tell you but I couldnt so I thought if I threaten to disown you, you would do it. It would have been for the best! Lucy would have been taken care of by her countries medical teams and would have possibly lived out a life with a family in the states. You would have finished school and you wouldnt have to experience this heart ache." His appa explained. His app had been trying to save him from having to feel this kind of pain to have this situation happen to him.

"Why?" Yunho asked as he began to start tearing up.

"I went through this so many times with my patients that after I found out you had taken in Lucy, I didnt want you to feel that heartbreak. I have been trying to save you from that but you took to much of my teachings to heart. I am proud to know you are the kind, gentle, caring man I hoped you grow up to be, but I didnt what you to have to experience this." He shared. Finally after all these years, his father told him why, why he had asked him to abandon Lucy? Why he wished he come home and why he never told him anything elsel but that? Yunho wept. He wept in the office in which his appa had been working for so many years after he decided he rather work in the lab in the hospital rather deal with patients. It was cause he had experience so much through his patients that he couldnt handle it anymore and now he was watching his own son go through it now and he could do nothing for him.