A cold, medicine and a midnight snack

LUCY

It had been a few weeks after they had returned home from their vaction. The pictures were printed and had turned out great that they had hung them up in the apartment. Every bit of the vacation lingered with them, especially with So-eun and Yunho who felt even closer then before. So-eun even had made an extra copy of the picture from the bear museum on her desk. She looked at it from time to time and smiled. She would never forget that moment or the many other memories the three of them shared together. Her phone began to ring and she picked it up. The call came from Lucy's school from the nurses office. Lucy apparently was sick. She quickly ended the conversation and began gathering her things.

It didnt take long before she reached the school. Lucy was laying down in the office, teary eyed as she cried.

"Lucy, whats wrong?" She asked. Lucy didnt answer since the nurse called So-eun over. So-eun looked at Lucy, kissed her forhead, feeling the warmth radiating from her before she went to see the nurse.

"Thank you for coming. I called her appa but couldnt reach him." The nurse explained. So-eun nodded.

"He may not have heard the phone. He tends to get pretty busy." She shared. The nurse nodded, motioned for So-eun to sit down at the desk. The two of them sat down as So-eun waited to hear what the nurse had to say.

"Well if couldnt already tell, Lucy has a fever. It's pretty high but I am sure it must be from traveling and catching something on her travels this recent break." So-eun nodded.

"We did go to Jeju island!" She explained. The nurse nodded.

"Did you guys happen to swim in the ocean? Or enter any natural body of water?" The nurse asked. So-eun nodded, they had gone to the beach and even played in the ocean. The nurse nodded, seeing the problem.

"Because of the different life living in the ocean, its possible that Lucy may have contracted a virus. She will need to see a doctor but I am sure its something that will just take some medicine and some rest. I suggest she is taken to see a doctor tomorrow." The nurse stated. So-eun nodded, seeing that Lucy was going to need to stay home.

"Now her appa has listed her doctor on her medical forms here and I have called and filled him in on her well being. I am sure he is expecting her soon." The nurse shared to her which So-eun was thankful for. She gathered Lucy's things and helped Lucy out of the school. Soon they made it home and she helped Lucy changed and tucked her in bed. She prepared a glass of water, a trash can in case she were to throw up and made her a cold wash rag to lay on her forehead to cool her down. Lucy didnt take long to fall asleep and So-eun made sure to check up on her almost every five minutes. So-eun called Yunho, waiting for an answer since his business would soon start to slow down. It rang for a few moments.

"Hey babe!" He answered, happy she had called. She smiled thinking about the look on his face.

"Are you busy?" She asked.

"No, actually I think I will be off soon." He shared.

"Good. Come home quickly." She stated. Just from how urgent she sounded Yunho was a lil worried.

"Something wrong?" So-eun sighed.

"The school called. Lucy is sick. Possibly caught something while we were at Jeju Island." So-eun explained.

"Alright, I will be home soon. Thank you!" He uttered which made So-eun smiled.

"Your welcome!" They hung up and So-eun went back to check up on Lucy.

 

The next day, Yunho had taken off to take Lucy to her local doctor. Lucy didnt care much for going to the doctor but when she was three years old, he had taken her to Dr. Kwon who was an old man. He seemed to love children and he had an empacted on Lucy cause she was the only doctor she liked. The nurse called to Yunho and he carried Lucy to where the nurse led them. Dr. Kwon waited for them, smiling at Lucy as he greeted her.

"My dear Lucy. I hear your not feeling good?" He greeted. Yunho sat down with Lucy in his arms as she nodded to Dr. Kwon. He smiled at her then grabbed his tools. He began checking her heart beat, checking her blood presure, taking her tempature and even checked her eyes, nose, ears and . It was the usual treatment and he made it fun for her. Telling her to open and stay still like a venus fly trap waiting for its pray. She did that till he opened the wraper around the er and put it into . He knew how to bribed children to obey his treatments. He pinched her cheeks and smiled. Yunho set her down and let her play with the toys in the corner as he talked to her doctor.

"It seems she has caught a cold. Possibly the flu but its a bit more advance. A few children and adults have caught it. Have you been feeling sick?" He asked. Yunho shook his head.

"No I feel fine and so does my girlfriend. It seems Lucy was the only who has caught it." The doctor nodded.

"How long ago were yall at the beach?" He asked.

"A few weeks ago." Yunho aswered.

"Well its possible that she could have gotten it from one of the other kids, but she seems to be taking it hard." He shared. He began to write down on a piece of paper.

"I am going to subscribe some medication. She will need to take it before she eats and before bed. I am also gonna take a few samples of her body fluids, blood, saliva and get them tested. In case its something else. I will give you a call sometime with in the week. I am sure its nothing but a cold so nothing to worry about." The doctor assured him. He handed Yunho the perscribtion with Lucy's medicine and he and Lucy left. He stopped by the pharmacy to get her meds and took her home. Now the hard part. He fixed up something for Lucy and had it ready but he would need to give her medicine before she ate. Lucy fought him and fought him. She hated taking medicine and she didnt want it. Yunho always hated doing this. Not only was she being difficut but she was sick and that always made him feel hurt. After what seemed like an hour of an endless fight Lucy took her medicine. She cried sitting at the table as she ate her food. If she didnt stop she would soon make herself sick.

 

Night came and Lucy had again fought her with the medicine before bed. So-eun had returned home to see Yunho was stressed out, lying on the cough as he was slowly drifting to sleep. She could see he had a hard time with Lucy. She set her things down and quickly cleaned the kitchen. She made a small snack for her and Yunho before she sat next to him. He awoke to see her next to him with a plate in hand. He sat up seeing she had made him food. He kissed her cheek, happy to see her home.

"What would I do without you?" He asked. She smiled and gave him his food. The two sat there eating as he shared the day with her.

"Poor thing. I hope she feels better soon." She stated.

"Yeah. I am sure she will be over it but just not soon enough." He shared. The two of them finished their food then headed to the bedroom to sleep, across the hall from Lucy with the doors open to hear her if she cried out during the night.