Goodnight Sleeping Beauty

LUCY

The time has come! I have waited for this moment with both sadness and happiness. I am sad that the story is now coming to a close with these last three chapters. But I am happy to have shared this story and experience with you all! It has been a journey for us all and I know you all have been wishing that this story's end would change and that the first chapter wasnt going to happen. Well I am sure you all already know how this is ending. But I do hope with what I leave you with, you will be happy with how it ends. Thank you guys and I hope you all enjoy the end of this story.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was now the middle of summer. Lucy was getting weaker by the day but her spirit was very much alive. The hospital was really dull and was getting to them, specially to Lucy so Yunho invited his friends and So-eun's friends to come have a small summer party with Lucy. They all came, Donghae and Guen-young came first, brining a little tea cup set to have a tea party. Lucy really enjoyed that present. Donna came next and brought some necklaces beads which she obtained over the years from parties. Lucy shared them with everyone, she wearing all the pink ones of course. Siwon and Min-a came bringing a cake which was hard enough having the hospital letting them bring it in if it wasnt for Yunho's appa for helping them through. Heechul came soon after, dress in a peter pan outfit which made everyone laugh even on the way up to the room but Lucy enjoyed every moment of it. Yoon-young came and she wasnt sure what to get Lucy but she bought a bunch of candy. They all began their little party, talking about little things, Lucy telling them all kinds of stories and memories. So-eun and Yunho looked at one another, seeing that this was a happy memory. They looked at one another, leaning in and kissed one another. Lucy looked at them and smiled. She was happy that her appa found his princess and hoped they would soon enough get married.

It was already late in the evening, the sun was not even set yet when a vase of sunflowers came in. Lucy smiled weakly as she was happy to see the flowers.

"Sunflowers!" She called.

"Yes your favorite flowers." Yunho stated as So-eun set it next to her bed. She looked at the flowers seeing that they looked alot like the sun. She hugged her teddy bear and yawned. A doctor came in and asked if everyone could leave the room as they checked on Lucy. The party guest all left and waited in the waiting room till the doctors were done. Yunho and So-eun stayed in the room as the doctors checked her vitals. The doctor smiled at Lucy as she wrote down on his clip board what her monitors read. He then turned to Yunho and called him to meet him outside. So-eun stayed in the room as she talked with Lucy. Yunho followed the doctor and listened to the words he had to tell him. Their friends watched and waited to see what the doctor said. Yunho nodded, letting the doctor leave first before he even took a step. He took a deep breath and turned to his friends with a smile before returning to his little girls room. They stayed in the waiting room, wanting to let Yunho and So-eun have a moment with Lucy.

Yunho returned to the room as Lucy shared her dream with So-eun.

"And the cake was yellow with a baby on it!" She shared, finding she was nearly out of breath telling her that.

"Wow! Well I wonder what that means." So-eun stated, the little girls blonde locks and tucking it behind her ear. Yunho sat down in his chair. He smiled at his little girl.

"How are you feeling Lucy?" He asked. So-eun looked at him confused, not sure why he was asking.

"I am tired Appa!" She stated. He looked at the heart monitor and back at Lucy. A tear was trying to escape his eye but he forced it back. He smiled at his baby girl.

"Want me to read to you as you fall asleep?" He asked. She nodded.

"What would you like me to read?" He asked. She didnt skip a beat and answered.

"Tell me the story of sleeping beauty." Yunho nodded. He grabbed the book, opening it up and began to read it to her. So-eun stayed next to Lucy, realizing what was going on. Yunho took a deep breath and began to read.

"Once upon a time there was a kingdom, and they were celebrating cause the queen had given birth to a child. To a baby girl name Aurora. Everyone was happy, and cheered for the child's birth." Yunho read. Lucy smiled as she layed her head down, trying hard to keep her eyes open as he read the story to her. So-eun began to let her tears escape, keeping herself from making any sound. Yunho continued to read the story.

"After Maleficent cursed her, the blue fairy gave her a gift of sleep. So that instead of death she would fall into a slumber till she was awaken with true loves kiss." He told. Lucy nodded, eyes trying to close but she forced herself to stay awake.

"The fairies raised Aurora as their own, safe from the witch and away until her sixthteenth birthday had passed." So-eun left Lucy's side, walking slowly around the bed and watched Yunho continue the story. She looked at the monitor seeing the numbers change slowly.

"She pricked her finger and fallen into a deep slumber. Prince Phillip, who she had met in the forest had come. He took on Maleficent, striking her down and killing her. The fairies lead them to the castle to Aurora's room where she laid in her deep slumber." Yunho's tears began to slip passed his eyes and ran down his face. Lucy's breathing began to slow. He wanted to finish the story before she was gone.

"He walked to her, and leaned over and kissed her with true loves kiss. After he had kissed her, she opened her eyes, awoken from the curse." So-eun had reached the door seeing the numbers drop even more.

"The kingdom celebrate for the princess had returned and the curse was over. The princess was reunited with her family, with her prince and lived the rest of her life, happily ever..." Lucy was now in eternal slumber. Her heart monitor reached zero and made the long extending beep that would run until the doctors came and turned it off. Yunho looked at his baby girl, tears in his eyes as he looked her face. She had a smile on it as she slept. He leaned over her, crying as he laid one last kiss on her forehead. She was cold, her color gone. She was gone. Yunho couldnt keep his tears in anymore. He cried out in pain. His baby girl was gone and she wouldnt be coming back. So-eun left the room, her tears overflowing. She fell to the floor and Doona ran to her but stopped. She could see Yunho in the window, crying as he held his baby girl who was lifeless in his arms. She pulled her hands to , crying as she saw the scene, she turned to the group and they knew. Donghae held Guen-young, The two crying in each others arms. Heechul fell to his knees in disbelief that his favorite princess was gone. Siwon turned to Min-a and cried. She tried her best to hold him up but she too began to cry. Yoon-young went to So-eun, giving her a hug so she try to console her. She may not have known Lucy at all or very well but she felt her friends were in a deep heart break. Dr. Jung came to the waiting room and found everyone in tears. As soon as he saw So-eun he knew what had happened. What he feared what would happen had finally happened and he felt a tear come to his eye, feeling his son's pain as he watched his friends and girlfriend cry in pain.

Yunho held Lucy in his arms. Tears streaming from his eyes like a waterfall as he held her in his arms. This would be the last time he would be able to hold her in his arms, to run his fingers in her hair and to feel her weight but he would never again get to hear her voice, never get to see her smile or ever see her grow up. He felt his life had ended seeing his little girl gone. His appa came in, and he looked at him with tears in his eyes.

"Appa!" He called. He came in and saw the little girl.

"Yunho my son I am.... I am so sorry!" He appologised. Yunho cried with her in his arms. His appa came and looked at the little girl. He smiled at her seeing she looked just like his last patient which was her mother.

"They look so much alike." He uttered. Yunho looked at his appa, seeing he was looking at Lucy for what would have been the first time.

"She is beautiful!" His appa said as he pulled her hair from her face. He looked back to his son and smiled at him.

"You raised a beautiful child." Yunho cried.

"I should have listened to you! I should have let her go along time ago." He uttered mostly through his pained heart.

"No Yunho, you made the right choice. Beacause of you, she lived a happy life. She would not have asked for a better life I think. I was wrong for suggesting you give her up and I am sorry!" His appa apologized as a tear left his eye.

"I would have loved to have met her!" He uttered as he let another tear out. He regreted his decision for disowning his son and never meeting the little girl who meant the world to him. Yunho smiled looking at his baby girl and giving her a kiss on the forehead. His appa took her from him and laid her down in the bed, pulling the sheet over her body and covered her. It was the least he could do. He turned to his son and walked him out of the room, the both of them in tears.