A spoon full of sugar

LUCY

It had been a hard week and Lucy still wasnt feeling good. Yunho felt completely drained as he stayed home with her. She would still fight him with taking the medicine and she would cry every time. It always made him think about when she was sick the first time he had her. She would cry all night and it was so hard cause she wasnt able to tell him what was wrong. But now she was older, she could tell him what was wrong but she could also fight him. It had been another morning of fighting her to take her medicine and he was getting exhausted of it. So-eun took the day off to help Yunho and she seemed to be a big help. She was able to get Lucy to take her medicine with very little fight against her. Yunho could barely believe she was able to get Lucy to take her medicine so easily. She barely cried at all and was already done with her lunch and back to her room, laying in bed as she watch Snow White while falling asleep. Yunho and So-eun sat on the couch resting. So-eun reading a book she had been reading recently and Yunho laid back on the couch withi his head in her lap.

"You amaze me!" Yunho stated. So-eun looked away from her book and looked down to Yunho.

"How so?" She asked. He looked up at her, looking into her eyes from her lap.

"I have been rasing Lucy all her life, always fighting me with taking her medicine and then you come in, you coax her into taking her medicine and she takes it like it was nothing." He shared. She smiled at him.

"Maybe I just was meant to be a mother!" She joked with him. He sat up and looked at her.

"How did you coax her?" He asked. So-eun smiled, turned to her new boyfriend with a twinkle in her eye.

"You want to know?" He nodded.

"I make it a game. I tell her that we are going to play a game and tell her that there are two spoons. One filled with her strawberry flavored medicine and the other is really salty red water. We both pick a spoon and take the liquid. Who ever take the salty water losses." She shared. Yunho was amazed.

"I have never thought of that!" He shared.

"Yeah well the first round you have to make sure she atleast make sure she picks the medicene and you take the salty water. You suffer for it but since she already can tell which is medicine she will take the medicine. She wins everytime. After awhile you just make sugery red water so you dont always suffer." She shared. Yunho was amazed at her briliance. So-eun smiled, looking back into her book and read. Yunho's cell began to ring and he went to answer it.

"Hello?" Yunho answered. It was Lucy's doctor.

"Hello Yunho! How is Lucy doing?" He asked.

"She still feeling ill. Still be putting a fight with her medicine till just recently." He turned to look at So-eun who smiled, not taking her eyes off her book.

"Thats good. Well I just wanted to check up on her. I am still waiting on the results of the test which should be in soon. If she is feeling any worse please let me know." Yunho nodded, understanding the need to check. Lucy was still very young and since she was different she wouldnt have the amune system he and So-eun had since she took more after her omma. The doctor ended, needing to check on other patience. Yunho tossed his phone away and laid back down with his head in So-eun's lap. The two of them had grown very close over the many months. They shared everything, from sharing the bedroom and closets to Lucy and their time they spend with her. Yunho closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep thinking of both Lucy and So-eun and how life had changed so much.

 

A week later Lucy was feeling better, although she was still sick and needed to take her medicine. Yunho stayed home with her and he took So-eun's advise. He made a spoon full of salty red water and one of Lucy's medicine. Lucy took her medicine with no problem and he was happy with that, just not happing taking a spoonful of salty water. Lucy laughed histerically at her appa's reaction and asked him to do it again. Yunho shook his head at her, setting her at the table so she could eat. He made her favorite soup which always made her feel so much better, one that his own omma had made for him when he was sick. Thinking of his omma he felt a little sad. He missed her, he missed his dongsae and at times he missed his appa but he was happy to be raising Lucy. He wouldnt trade her for anything in the world. Once Lucy was finished with her soup he sent her off to watch a movie in her room. Siwon and Min-a had stopped by and delivered a few gifts for Lucy to help her feel better. Min-a had bought her a new teddy bear with matching nighty clothes while Siwon had bought her a huge box load of icy pops. Yunho dug in the freezer for one of those icy pops so he could bring it to Lucy. She perfered red since it was close to pink but they were now out of red. So orange was the next color. He pulled out an orange icy and cut it open. He took it to her room where she waited on her bed next to her teddy while watching Snow White, again.

"Here you go princess!" Yunho handed her the icy and she smiled happily. He left the room so she could enjoy her movie alone. It wasnt long before she finished her icy and fallen asleep. Yunho went to her room, seeing how she cuddled up next to her bear. He smiled, kissing her forehead. She still had a small fever but it was lower then it was before. He turned off her movie and left the room to find So-eun entering the appartment. In her hand she had a vase with fresh sunflowers.

"What's this?" Yunho asked. So-eun smiled.

"Doona, Yoon-young and I bought them. Figured she could use some flowers to encourage her to get better soon." So-eun stated.

"How is Doona feeling?" He asked, remembering the girl who saved his girlfriend.

"Better. She will be wearing a sling to hold her arm up. Should have seen her throw a fit today. She hates not being able to use her arm. She nearly threw her keyboard today." So-eun shared. Yunho laughed, imagining the sight. So-eun set the flowers on the kitchen table and sat down on the couch which Yunho followed suit. They leaned on one another, just enjoying the silence around them. They knew Lucy would wake sooner or later, either feeling better or feeling worse but knew not to use their energy for anything but sleep for the moment.