Living in my new room

LUCY

Several weeks had gone by and it was now nearing the end of May. So-eun was living with Doona, avoiding Yunho and missing Lucy alot but she had finally realized that it was possibly over between her and Yunho. Doona could see the hurt in So-eun everytime they walked by a school or watched a disney movie. It seemed she had really taken it hard but she was trying to look so brave in front of everyone. Yoon-young had tried what she could to make her feel better. Taking her out to the club and meeting new people which only lead her to drink rather getting to know people. Doona kept in contact with Heechul which he shared what he knew with Doona, but he asked that she not share that information with So-eun. So-eun was doing poorly at work since she left Yunho's apartment but she hadnt been back to pick up the rest of her things. Doona made little suttle hints that it was time she go get her things from Yunho's which she refused many times. It didnt take long before So-eun realized that she needed to get her things eventually. Doona shared with her that Donghae was at the apartment and not Yunho so she wouldnt have to worry about seeing him. The idea sounded great. So she decided to make her way to the apartment she shared with Lucy and Yunho, finding she had missed them and their memories together. She reached the apartment finding it hard to even enter it at first. She suspected Lucy would be so surprised to see her after so long which would drive her to tears but she felt as long as she was strong she could get through this. She opened the door to find Donghae and Guen-young in the living room. Both teary eyed but were stunned to see So-eun there. Donghae quickly wipped away his tears and went to greet So-eun.

"So-eun! I di- I didnt think you..." Donghae stuttered on his words.

"I am just here to get my things." She shared. He nodded. He was acting weird. The both were. So-eun looked around to see that the place had changed drasticly. The dinning table was covered with loads of paper work, the living room only had its one couch, and a few pictures. She listened for Lucy and her tv possibly playing her movies but it was amazingly quiet. She turned to Donghae, unsure what was going on.

"Is Lucy asleep?" So-eun asked. The couple looked to one another, not sure how to answer her question. So-eun decided to take it upon herself to check on Lucy herself. She walked down the hall which Donghae followed trying to stop her but stopped once So-eun had reached Lucy's bedroom. It looked untouched, like no one had lived in it. Her pictures of her parents as well as a few of the other pictures from the trip to Jeju island were gone. Her dolls were gone and most that remaind was her bed and her dollhouse. The tv was gone, her movies gone. She turned to Donghae who sighed, finally seeing there was no way to not tell her now.

"Where is Lucy? And why is everything gone?" She asked. Donghae began to start tearing up.

"You should sit down!" He suggested but she didnt. She wanted answers now.

"Lucy? Where is she?" She asked again. Donghae tried to get her to sit but Guen-young came to the door way.

"She's not here!"

"Guen-young!" Donghae called.

"I see that, but where is she?" So-eun asked. Guen-young was already weeping, trying hard to keep herself from breaking then.

"Lucy is in the hospital, where she has been staying for a month while doctors watch over her." She shared. She couldnt say more then that now that she was unable not to cry. So-eun was still confused.

"She sick?" She asked. Donghae held Guen-young in his arms, close to him as he turned to So-eun.

"Yes, she is. She been sick her whole life, we just didnt know it." Donghae explained. So-eun let the news hit her, taking a seat on Lucy's bed where she would lay when she lived there. Tears began to stream down her cheeks as she learned the news.

"How sick?" She asked through her tears. Donghae couldnt answer which gave her the answer she needed. Her heart broke, finding that the little girl who had became a big part in her life was now very sick. Its possible that she had been sick ever since she had met her. She broke down and cried. She cried even harder then when she first left this apartment. She should have known what it was Yunho was going through and how much he needed her during this time. She felt like she had betrayed him. Donghae took Guen-young to the living room, letting So-eun have her privacy while she cried out her pain, which made them cry even more.

 

Yunho was sitting by his baby girl who laid in her hospital bed as he read her the story of Red Riding Hood. She listened to his words, finding a bit more at home with him there reading her to sleep and having all the pictures from home in her room. She had tubes running into her arm, up her nose and wires that stuck to her chest so a machine could go beep along with her heart. Her Doctor was very nice and brought her icecream all the time. It seemed even though her life had changed alot, she was now liking her new room, even though she wasnt allowed to leave the room. Yunho looked at his little girl who was slowly drifting off to sleep. Her skin had lost much of its color, dark circles could be seen under her eyes and it seemed she was loosing more energy by the day. The thought that any day now, she would be gone made him sad all over again that he couldnt continue to read anymore. He shut the book and just stared at his little girl seeing the same child he saw when she was left with him. A tear escaped his eyes. He could hear running in the halls and people calling out to someone but he didnt care till they opened the door to Lucy's room. He turned to see So-eun standing there, out of breath and in tears as she looked down at Lucy. He stood up, walking toward her as she began to break down and cry even harder. He lead her out of the room so not to wake Lucy, holding her to him. The two of them cried, holding each other as people looked at them, feeling sad for the both of them. Donghae and Guen-young had tried to stop her but couldnt. They could barely keep their sadness in as they two cried. Yunho was happy to have So-eun back in his life but he rather it not have been because of the situation that was going on.

They finally stopped their tears and sat down in the waiting room, sitting together as Donghae and Guen-young waited in Lucy's room, watching her so she wasnt alone. They couldnt speak, since they were lost for words. Yunho held her hand, finding it as a small piece of comfort to him. The two of them looked at one another, both feeling like they were idiots for taking out their anger and frustrations on one another. It seemed they were feeling much better but they still were sad. Yunho finally decided to speak.

"I am.... so so sorry for how I treated you. I was... I was stressing out with the news that I had taken it out on you. And I am sorry for..."

"Dont worry about it." She stopped him. She finally understood what he was going through. He gave her a weak smile which was hard enough for the both of them.

"Lucy has really missed you." He shared with her. She smiled.

"I really missed her too!" She stated. Yunho knew she would miss her.

"I have also missed you and regreted taking it out on you." He explained. She tighten her grip around his hand.

"I missed you as well. And I understand so please, lets not think about that." He nodded. They had needed this time together to reconnect again. They still had strong feelings for one another. An old man, dressed in a lab coat came up to them. Yunho smiled then turned to So-eun.

"Oh So-eun, I would like you to meet my appa. Appa this is So-eun, my...." He stopped, not sure if the title still stood since they had parted. She replied for him.

"His girlfriend!" She stated. The man nodded, finally meeting the woman Yunho had talked about who had left just before he could tell her what was going one, but blamed himself for why she left.

"It's nice to finally meet you." Dr. Jung, Yunho's appa greeted her. She could see that Yunho had taken after his appa, they look very much alike. He sat with them, taking about Lucy's condition and the steps to help Lucy but told them that it was best to accept that Lucy would soon pass. Yunho went through this talk many of times but it was the first for So-eun who took it very hard. Yunho held onto So-eun, seeing that she cared for her very much. So-eun cried in his arms for several minutes, nearly an hour before she had no more tears to cry. Guen-young came out to tell Yunho that Lucy was awake. So-eun turned to Yunho, not sure she will be able to see Lucy without crying. He wipped her tears and kissed her forehead.

"You'll be fine. just stop at the restroom. Wash your face and come join us in the room. Lucy would be really happy to see you." He shared. So-eun nodded, letting out her last tear before heading to the bathroom which Guen-young followed to help her. Yunho returned to the room to see Lucy was waiting for him.

"Appa!" Lucy called weakly. He smiled at his little girl who seemed to have a higher spirit then the rest of them. He walked over to her and sat down next to her. She smiled and reached to hug him and he leaned in to give her a hug and kiss her little head.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"I did! I had a really good dream!" She shared. He smiled at her.

"Really? What about?" He asked. Donghae was standing in the room, listening as she shared her dream to her appa.

"Well I dreamed that we were at home, and you and unnie were there with me." She shared. He smiled.

"Really?"

"Yeah and there was this big cake!" She motioned with her hands the massiveness of the cake. He smiled.

"Was it pink?" He asked. She shook her head.

"No! It was Yellow and had a baby on it!" She shared. Yunho smiled. It seemed Lucy had better dreams then the rest of them and even slept better at night then they all did. Donghae looked out the door seeing Guen-young and So-eun about to enter. He cleared his throat to let Yunho know that the girls were outside. He smiled and turned back to Lucy.

"You have a special guest to see you today!" He shared. Lucy gasped, happy to hear that. Donghae opened the door and So-eun stepped in to see Lucy looking at her, extremely happy.

"UNNIE!" Lucy screamed happily. So-eun came to her bed and hugged her. The two of them hugged each other with all their might. Lucy then began to tell So-eun everything, about how she had a new doctor who gave her icecream everyday, how she watches all these new cartoons and how there are other kids that lived in the hospital as well. So-eun used her entire will not to cry infront of Lucy but once Lucy began to talk happily, it became easier to do. Soon night came and Lucy was asleep again. Yunho was sitting in the chair reading the rest of Little Red Riding Hood when he looked up to see So-eun was also falling asleep. He went over to her waking her up. She looked up at him and to Lucy seeing she had fallen asleep.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"Its midnight!" He told her. She stood up, stretching her arms as she woke herself up.

"Are you staying here?" She asked him. He nodded.

"Do you want me to stay?" She asked. He shook his head and kiss her cheek.

"Go home! Get some sleep." He told her. She didnt fight him but she turned to Lucy and kissed her head. He smiled seeing that. She turned to him and kiss him with a small kiss on the lips before she left. He realized that So-eun was the world to him and Lucy and Lucy was the world to her. He felt that he could get through everything with the both of them in his life. He just didnt know how long the three of them would be together.