Hello again

LUCY

It had been a few weeks since Yunho and Lucy met So-eun and everyday since Lucy heard the story Tarzan all she wanted was to hear about Tarzan. Yunho bought a book about Tarzan and even bought Lucy a little stuff animal gorilla to help but it seemed it wasnt enough. School wasnt getting any better since all the kids had been ignoring Lucy and calling her names. It seemed Lucy was having a hard time at school all because one kid over heard their parents talk about how Lucy was a waegukin and that only gave the kids fuel to their fire when they wanted to be mean to her. Yunho struggled with trying to help her but at times it seemed he couldnt make her forget the mean things the kids said to her. Yunho was getting desperate for help. He called for his friend Heechul to come and spend the day with Lucy since school was out. Heechul came over with no problem. It wasnt long before Heechul arrived to their apartment. Yunho opened the door for him, letting him in and Lucy screamed with excitement.

"OPPA!!!!" Lucy screamed happily. She ran into his arms, passing her appa by to get to Heechul.

"PRINCESS!!" Heechul called as he wrapped his arms around her little frame. He hadnt spent much time with her lately and it was well over due.

"Oppa, are you staying long?" She asked.

"My princess, I am yours for the whole day!" Heechul loved to call her princess, which made it easy to play with her when she wanted to play make believe.

"Yay!" Lucy cheered. Yunho couldnt stay to hang with them since he had to go to work.

"Alright you guys have fun while I am gone." Yunho stated. He gave a hug and kiss to Lucy just before he was walking out when Heechul called.

"Where is my hug?" Heechul jokingly asked. Heechul started to walk to him for a hug when Yunho picked Lucy up so she could take his hug for him. Lucy laughed at how Heechul was acting. Yunho soon left for work so the two could play the day away.

 

So-eun couldnt stop thinking about Yunho and his little girl Lucy since she finally learned his name and met Lucy. Thinking about how Yunho adopted Lucy as his own child was something unheard of. But after meeting Lucy, she understood why Yunho took her in. Being off work for the day, So-eun was heading out to lunch with Doona. Yoon-yong would be arriving late so Doona and So-eun decided to start without her. Doona was already sitting at a table with a cup of coffee. So-eun waved to her as she came to the table. After sitting down the waiter came and asked for her order. Once he was gone the two began to talk about work and life.

"I heard your proposal got approved. Congratulations!" Doona slightly clapped with a smile. So-eun smiled back.

"Thank you! It did and so far its good. In a week or so it should be published in the magazine. Its my first project that I created so I hope it goes well." So-eun explained.

"Still its progress. I'm sure it will be great. Plus I hear there is a promotion for you if it works out." Doona expressed. It was true a promotion would happen if the story does well. It almost seem like her dream was barely getting started but with each story, her dream was coming true. The waiter came back with her drink when Yoon-yong finally arrived.

"Sorry Im late girls! I just met someone on the way here. I swear girls we need to go back out for another girls night. I think we can finally meet some really hot guys at the club." Yoon expressed. Doona sighed as she looked at Yoon like she did when she knew something was up.

"Did you just set someone on a blind date?" Yoon looked at Doona with a pleading look.

"Please Doona! This guy is really hot and I promised I'd bring two of my friends for his friends." She pleaded.

"Two friends?" So-eun asked. Yoon imediatly turned to her now and pleaded to So-eun as well.

"Eunnie, please do this for me. You know I love you and have your best intrest in mind." Yoon-young begged. So-eun turned to Doona who was shaking her head, not wanting to do it.

"I'm sorry Yoon, but I agree with Doona. I rather not go on a blind date." So-eun expressed. Yoon sighed looked back between the two.

"But he was really hot!" Yoon expressed with disapointment. The waiter came back with Yoon's drink and their lunch. The continued to talk while Yoon would once awhile bring up going out, which she was trying hard to set them on a blind date. After lunch the girls went their separte ways. So-eun was on her way home when she came across the road she had chased down the purse theif. She remembered that day she chased after him to met Yunho for the second time. She decided instead of heading home she venture down the road to see if it lead her. She continued down the road finally seeing the corner she turned down when chasing the purse theif. Turning the corner, she found the slick tile sidewalk which she had slipped on before Yunho caught her. Looking up at the store she she saw that it was apparently a popular grocery store. She walked in to see there was alot of Ahjimmas shopping in the store all because of the hot young man who was working in there. So-eun looked around seeing that the store was no different then any other corner store. She explored the shelves while looking around to see if she spotted Yunho. It wasnt hard, she just had to find the mob of Ahjimmas crowding him. She giggled to herself as she watch the Ahjimmas fight over him. Yunho was indeed a speedy cashier. He made sure to be quick and precise as he check out the groceries for the Ahjimmas. He greeted everyone and even remembered the usual customers which So-eun expected where the women since most of his customers were mostly women. So-eun grabbed some soju, some ramen and some candy and headed to check out. As soon as she reached the counter Yunho had finally noticed her.

"Hello!" Yunho greeted.

"Hello again!" She replied back. Yunho felt a little shock to see her in his store. The Ahjimmas could see the awkwardness building between the two and only shook their heads.

"Huh... ah is this all?" He asked. She nodded. He began to ring up the products.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"I been good. And you?"

"Not bad! Staying busy." He replied to her.

"That's good. How is Lucy doing?" Yunho was happy to hear her ask about Lucy. Unfortunatly with all the problems with school it had been going bad. He sighed, which So-eun took as bad.

"Rough?" She asked.

"It's been rough yes lately." He expressed. One of the Ahjimmas began to call for Yunho to have him help her so to get some attention. Yunho quickly finished running So-eun's things.

"Sorry! Here is your changes. Do you mind waiting about 5 more minutes?" Yunho asked.

"No I dont! I'll just be somewhere outside untill then." Yunho smiled, happy to hear that. So-eun waited till finally Yunho got off of work. As soon as he walked out of the store he spotted So-eun sitting on a bench near by. Yunho walked up to, taking a seat next to her. He had been busy since early that morning, seeing a familar face nice.

"Busy day?" So-eun asked. He laughed.

"Everyday! I never knew how demanding Ahjimmas could be." So-eun laughed knowing how true it was just from walking in the store to see for herself. Yunho laughed with her.

"So what are you doing down this way anyways?" He asked. So-eun smiled.

"Well I was out for lunch with friends and afterwards I was heading home but decided to take a detour which lead me here. Had nothing else better to do so I thought why not check out the store." She explained. He nodded.

"Well Im glad you did!" He stated. He looked around and then to his clock before he turned to So-eun.

"Is it safe to assume that you dont have any plans tonight?" Yunho asked.

"Its safe." So-eun chuckled. Yunho stood up and waved her to follow. So-eun followed Yunho to a little bakery where there were gorgeous cakes and treats. Yunho went in first and the Ahjimma smiled at him.

"Oh Yunho dear! Welcome. What brings you here today?" She asked.

"Looking to buy something sweet. You know for Lucy!" The Ahjimma smiled.

"Well I have the perfect thing for her. Just wait right here." She headed to the back of her shop. Yunho and So-eun looked around at all the many sweet pasteries. Everything looked so good. She returned with a little small cake that was made to look like a sunflower. So-eun gasped in awe at how beautiful it looked.

"I thought you might be coming by so I had been practicing my sunflower design. This is my gift to you both." She handed him the cake.

"You dont have to do that. You know I'll pay you." Yunho stated.

"Dont worry about it. Go ahead and take it. Its on me." The Ahjimma didnt want him to pay for it since it was a gift.

"Thank you! Next time you come to the corner store I'll pay for a bottle for you and your husband." Yunho stated. She shook her head.

"Go and take care." They waved goodbye and headed down the street. So-eun smiled at how people treated him.

"Wow, you and Lucy must be loved by everyone!" Yunho sighed with a small smile but it wasnt a happy smile.

"I wish that was the case." So-eun looked confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked. Yunho looked at So-eun seeing she was being serious.

"Not everyone can accept that a guy like me would take in a child, let alone a child not born a Korean. So they whisper about her and say things, probably about us both but mostly of her. But lately its gotten worse. The kids from her school are now picking on her, calling her a waegukin. I know the kids are not truely at fault. They are just repeating what they heard from their parents when they saw Lucy." Yunho explained. So-eun could see that he felt horrible cause he couldnt do anything. Seeing your child in pain like that had to be heartbreaking. She patted his back to help comfort Yunho.

"Lucy is a strong girl and will see that those words mean nothing. It will take time but soon they will forget about it and move on from picking on her." So-eun explained. Yunho smiled seeing that she was right. Soon they came to his apartment. So-eun was unsure if she should intrude but Yunho insisted. They soon walked in through the door to find Lucy and Heechul had a whole skit going on in the living room. They had been playing make believe the whole time he was gone.

"Come Wendy, and lets go off to Neverland!" Heechul pointed to the window. Lucy cheered till she had heard her appa step through the door.

"APPA!" She came running to him, hugging his leg since his hands were holding something special. Heechul stopped pointing and turned to Lucy and the adults.

"What's this? There are no adults allowed at Neverland!" Heechul stated. He then turned and looked to see a woman behind Yunho. Lucy noticed the woman and recognising her right away.

"Miss So-eun!" Lucy cheered. She ran to her and gave her a hug. So-eun wasnt expecting that but she bent down and gave her a hug.

"Well hello Lucy. I didnt think you would remember me."

"Of course I would! You told me about Tarzan, how could I forget." So-eun nodded, she remembered that. Heechul then called to Lucy.

"Princess!" Lucy came running to Heechul. They soon began speaking in a tongue that So-eun didnt understand.

"What are they saying?" She asked Yunho. He just shook his head as he lead her into the small kitchen.

"No clue. Those two have their own languge that only they share together. It started when she was barely speaking." He explained. So-eun nodded seeing how close the man and Lucy were. They soon all sat down together at the table with the cake. There was a small candle on it lit up. So-eun didnt have to guess but it was Lucy's birthday. She was so happy to see it was a sunflower cake.

"Its so pretty!" Lucy stated. They all laughed. They started to sing her happy birthday as she danced in her chair. So-eun could see that even if this girl had a wonderful family. They soon ended the song and cheered.

"Alright Lucy, its time to make a wish!" Yunho stated. Lucy closed her eyes and held her hands together infront of her chest. She whispered to herself then blew the candle out. They all cheered.

"What did you wish for Princess?" Heechul asked. She stuck out her finger and waved it infront of him.

"Nah-ah-uh! I cant tell you that." She stated.

"Why not?" Heechul asked jokingly.

"Cause it wont come true." She explained. So-eun laughed at how Lucy acted out.

"You two are so funny!" So-eun stated.

"Oh dont let Heechul fool you, he is indeed the real Peter Pan! The lost boy who never grew up!" Yunho stated.

"Indeed I am!" Heechul agreed. So-eun laughed even more.

"So-eun is the one who told me about Tarzan!" Lucy stated to Heechul, reminding him about the story she told him earlier that day. Heechul nodded, now finally meeting the storyteller he had heard about. After they all had cake, it was time to go. So-eun stood up.

"Where you going?" Lucy asked.

"I have to go home!" So-eun expressed. Lucy shook her head.

"No you should stay and have more cake." Lucy pushed some cake toward So-eun.

"Lucy, it is about bed time and I'm sure she has to go to work tomorrow. So go say your goodbyes to everyone." Lucy pouted. Yunho sighed and looked at Heechul who went into offence mode imediatly.

"Why do you always look at me when this happens?" He asked.

"Cause your usually the cause of it!" Yunho stated. So-eun laughed. She enjoyed hanging out with the three of them. She knelt down next to Lucy.

"Dont pout sweet girl. Maybe I can come see you again sometime." So-eun expressed.

"Will you tell me more about Tarzan?" She asked. So-eun nodded.

"I can even tell you about King Arthur!" Lucy gasped in excitement. She hugged So-eun and then ran to Heechul to hug him before running off to her room.

"Night!" She yelled as she was running to her room. Heechul took that as a hint.

"Well I guess if the princess is to go to bed then I must leave." He expressed.Yunho only shook his head at him.

"Thank you both for coming." Yunho thanked them. The two were glad to have shared the memory. After leaving Yunho's apartment, So-eun felt so happy. As they walked out of the apartment building, Heechul stopped her.

"Hey, So-eun! Look I know your attracted to Yunho!" He stated. So-eun wasnt sure what he was getting at but he didnt give her a chance to talk or reply either.

"But I want you to know that Lucy comes first. She has and will always come first. So if your looking to gain Yunho's attention then you must know that Lucy comes first and then if you two become a thing or whatever then you will come second. Alright? And dont expect him to do the usual boyfriend stuff either cause raising a kid isnt cheep. So dont expect anything for white day or christmas or what ever." Heechul had ranted to her in the third degree as if she was after something.

"Oh no I wasnt..."

"I dont care, just as long as you know! Lucy was the best thing to ever happen to him and I want you or what ever woman who tries to win his heart to know that. Ok" So-eun nodded, acknowledging his words. Heechul smiled.

"Well Miss So-eun, I wish you a good night and a safe trip home. It was nice meeting you!" Heechul waved good bye and headed home. So-eun wasnt sure why he thought she was trying to gain his attention but it was nice to know his friends were worried for both him and Lucy. She looked back on today with a smile as she headed home with the thoughts of how wonderful their little family was. With every thought about them the more her heart filled with love.