Tarzan

LUCY

"Appa, I dont understand." She looked so confused but he knew he had to tell her.

"Lucy! Baby, I am no your Appa!" He finally told her. Lucy began shaking her head.

"No!"

"Lucy Your Omma, she..."

"NO!" Lucy yelled and then ran off. She ran as fast as her feet could take her. She couldnt believe what her Appa had said. She was crying, her heart was broken. She wanted to run away. To be alone and she knew her appa was just behind her. She ran under the play scape to use to distance herslef from her appa. After getting away far enough she hid herself. She was heartbroken. How could the man she called appa her whole life not be her appa.

Yunho was devestated. He not only told her the truth but now she was gone. Lucy had ran off and disappeared in the park. Yunho was now scared he wouldnt find her. Donghae caught up to him.

"Where is she?" Donghae asekd.

"She's gone. I told her the truth and now she's gone!" Yunho stated, pacing back and forth. Donghae patted his back and grabbed his arm to stop his pacing.

"Yunho! It will be ok. We will find her. Just calm down. She wouldnt have gone far. She is probably hiding. We just got to keep looking." Donghae was right. Yunho looked around them.

"Ok, you go toward the icecream shop and jungle gym. Ill look around the parking lot and field over there." Yunho stated.

"Right." They both split up to seach for little Lucy.

 

So-Eun had just got her icecream cone and began to walk toward her favorite spot in the park. It was an old tree house that was built for the kids and just next to it was a tree that had formed a hollow spot that was big enough to sit in. She walked up to the spot to notice an adorable little girl with beautiful blonde hair was sitting in her favorite spot and she was crying. So-eun looked around trying to spot her parents but could not see them. She then approched the child with a gentle smile.

"Hello!" So-eun spoke in english which was rough with her strong accent. The girl looked up at her. So-eun waved at her.

"Ah-.... Are you Ok?" So-eun spoke. The girl didnt understand. So-eun began to feel like she may have forgotten her english lessons.

"I should have paid attention in english class better when I was in school!" She muttered. She looked at the girl to see she wasnt crying but looking at her instead. She then tried to speak to her in hangul (the name of the korean languge).

"Are you ok?" She asked. The little girl understood her as she shook her head.

"Are you hurt?" She asked. She shook her head again. So-eun looked around, still seeing no parents around.

"Are you lost?" She asked another question. The girl shook her head.

"Then what is wrong? Why have you been crying?" She asked. The girl sniffled, rubbing her nose with her sleeve.

"I ran away!" She stated. So-eun was now piecing things together.

"You ran away! Why?" She asked. She knelt down next to the girl.

"Did you get into a fight with your parents?" She asked again.

"My Appa! Appa told me... that.. that Im not his." She explained. So-eun now understood. This little girl must had been told she was adopted and she was having a hard time accepting it. She reached for the little girls hand and held it. Rubbing her thumb on the top of her hand to comfot her.

"Your Appa said that?" She asked. The little girl nodded. So-eun took a breath, ready to give this girl the advise she needed.

"But does your Appa love you?" She asked. The little girl looked So-eun in the eye and nodded. She smiled at the little girl.

"And you love your Appa too, right?" She asked. The girl nodded seeing that she still loved her appa.

"What's your name?" So-eun asked.

"Lucy!" She told the woman in front of her.

"Lucy have you heard the story of Tarzan?" She asked. Lucy shook her head no and So-eun smiled ready to tell the story. Just thinking about telling this story reminded her of the guy who she over heard telling a bedtime story over the phone.

"Well there was this family, a omma, appa and a baby boy, who came from a place called England and they were traveling to another country. They got on a ship which took them across the sea to the place they were going. But a storm caused the ship to wreck." Lucy gasped as she listened to the story. So-eun was enjoying the reactions and realized why the man she idealize as her ideal man told the stories to his daughter. She smiled and continued.

"The family survived, taking a row boat to an island not far from the ship wreck. Stranded, the family built a home. But their home wasnt safe. The parents were attacked by a jaguar. Both the Omma and Appa both were killed but the baby survived cause a family of apes known as gorillas stumbled upon the baby boy." Lucy was drawn into her story.

"Then what happened?" Lucy asked.

"Well the gorillas took in the baby boy as their own, raising him like a baby gorilla. Of course he wasnt the same, he was different."

"Cause he didnt have fur?" Lucy asked. So-eun laughed and nodded her head.

"Yeah, he didnt have fur so some of the gorillas didnt accept him. But he didnt let that stop him. He continued to grow and learn and lived like the other gorillas. Soon enough he was a grown man living amoung the gorillas. He had become one of them, but he felt different. Well one day a ship anchored near by and people from England came to explore this island. Well Tarzan, the man who grew up with the apes noticed that these creatures from the ship looked more like he then the gorillas." Lucy was so wrapped up in the story that she forgot why she had ran away.

Yunho was worried sick, he could feel his heart breaking at every step he took looking for Lucy. He soon came to a walk way that led to a tree house where he spotted Lucy. He was just about to run to her when he noticed the woman with her. He slowly walked toward them, hearing what the woman was telling Lucy.

"After learning from the people that he was one of them and not an ape, he was heart broken. His whole life he thought he was an ape but he was human. The humans offered him to return to England with them." So-eun continued her story without realizing she was being watched.

"Did Tarzan go with them?" Lucy asked. Not one of them noticed Yunho was watching them and listening to the same story.

"Tarzan was torn between leaving his family he had known his entire life and leaving with his own kind to lands unknown to him. It took Tarzan a long time to decide. But after a long time to think about it, Tarzan knew where his heart belonged." Lucy tugged on So-eun's hand wanting her to continued.

"What did Tarzan choose?" She asked, her little hands had wrapped around the woman's. So-eun could feel the warmth of the childs hands on hers. She smiled, feeling attached to the little girl in front of her.

"Tarzan decided to stay with his family of apes instead of his own kind. He knew that he was loved by the apes and they would be there for him. So he told the humans no and stayed with his family." So-eun looked up away from the girl to spot the man she had saw at the club and at the corner store. Now he was infront of her and the little girl. Lucy turned around to see him as well.

"APPA!" Lucy yelled. She let So-eun's hands go and ran to her appa. Yunho almost broke down in tears from being worried about his little girl. Lucy ran into his arms and hugged him tight. Yunho held her in his arms, not wanting to let her go. He turned to face the woman who he had now seen for the third time. She stood from the spot she had been knelt down in to talk to Lucy. So-eun was not only seeing the man she idealized but the little girl of his that he had mentioned when they first met.

"Appa, this lady was telling me the story of Tarzan. Its a really good story!" Lucy explained to her appa. 

"Lucy, why did you run away like that? You know you scared me nearly to death." Yunho could see that Lucy was sad as soon as he mentioned that. He sighed, trying to calm himself down so not to upset his little girl.

"I am sorry Lucy. Im sorry for getting upset at you and for not telling you the truth sooner." He expressed. Lucy looked at her appa, seeing he was sad. She smiled at him with her small gentle smile.

"Appa, I am sorry for not understanding and running away. You forgive me?" She appologized to him. Yunho smiled, tucking a small rogue strand of her hair and tucking it behind her ear.

"As long as you forgive me!" The two smiled and hugged one another. So-eun nearly began to tear up watching the two when she realized she was once again intruding. So-eun turned around about to walk away when Yunho spotted her leaving and called out to her.

"Wait! Please wait!" Yunho picked up Lucy and carried her with him to the lady.

"Thank you for looking after Lucy. I know you didnt have to but I really appreciate that you did." He thanked the beautiful woman infront of him for what she did for him and Lucy. So-eun shyly smiled.

"I-it... It was nothing. Besides, I think she kept me busy more then I did her." She explained to him.

"She was telling me about Tarzan and how he lived with apes." Lucy explained. Yunho laughed.

"Was she? Well what do you say to her for doing that for you?" Lucy looked at the woman and then her dad then back to her.

"Thank you so much. I enjoyed the story." Lucy thanked So-eun for the story she had told her.

"Your very welcome Lucy! I am glad you liked it." So-eun smiled at the two of them. A man came running up behind Yunho and Lucy. He was nearly out of breath when he noticed the girl in Yunho's arms.

"Oh good you found her!" Donghae stated breathlessly. They turned to him to see Donghae had been searching.

"Oppa!" Lucy called. Yunho set Lucy down so she could run to Donghae. She ran into Donghae's arms to greet him. Yunho smiled at his little girl then turned back to the woman in front of him.

"I didnt catch you name?" He asked.

"Kim So-eun! And yours?"

"Jung Yunho!" The two of them smiled at one another.

"Thank you So-eun for everything you did today." He thanked her.

"Not a problem. She's a really sweet girl. She is lucky to have a appa like you." She stated. Yunho turned to look at Lucy and smiled. He was lucky. She was his everything.

"Well I better get going. It was nice meeting you Yunho. Tell Lucy bye for me." So-eun was about to leave. Yunho grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Wait. I feel I should at least get your contact information. In case Lucy may want you to tell her the story of Tarzan again." Yunho knew that sounded like a lame excuss to get her number but he felt like he should ask. So-eun smiled knowing that wasnt the reason but she agreed anyways.

"I guess I could tell her the story over the phone if she like." She pulled out her business card and a pen and wrote her personal number on it. She handed it to Yunho and smiled.

"I'll be hearing from you both then?" She asked. Yunho nodded.

"Well, it was nice meeting you." She smiled.

"You too." The two of them turned away and walked in diferent directions. Yunho walked back to Donghae and Lucy, picking up Lucy and carring her home along with his friend as So-eun headed home, leaving her melted icecream in the park. Lucy turned and looked at So-eun as she walked away. She smiled at her and turned back to her appa.

"Appa, you should get married!" She bluntly stated. Donghae started laughing as Yunho made the weirdest face from the blunt question he was just asked.

"WHAT?"