Vacation

LUCY

Today marked the first day of spring. Lucy would soon be off for spring break. Lucy was happy to have time to stay with her appa. Yunho managed to get a week off for work during her break and So-eun decided to take her vacation time. Because of Yunho and Lucy, So-eun felt more alive, and happier because of them. Her life had changed a great deal. So to repay for what they have done for her, she planned a week vacation for them. She made sure to prepack their bags for them so that way she could surprise them. She hadnt told them yet but she had planned it out to tell them over dinner. As soon as she got home she quickly walked into the kitchen and began too cook. She cooked a beautiful dinner made for royalty. She finished making the dishes and setting the table just as they walked in. Lucy smiled, running to So-eun as happy as ever.

"Unnie!" She called. So-eun bent down to let the little girl run into her arms and hug her. She loved this little girl to bits. She didnt care that she was different. Lucy was special, in her heart she was the world along with Yunho. She looked up to see Yunho just amazed as he walked in carring Lucy's bag from school.

"What's this?" He asked. So-eun smiled. She pulled away from Lucy and helped her take off her coat.

"Go change first and we will talk over dinner." So-eun stated. Lucy gladly did as she ran to change her clothes. Yunho eyed So-eun, trying to read what was going on but So-eun pointed for him to head to the room and change. After Lucy and Yunho changed clothes, they all sat down to eat. Lucy talked about school as always and they both listened as she told the stories about her day. After Lucy finished her tales Yunho turned to So-eun.

"So what was the reason for all of this?" Yunho asked. So-eun smiled and looked at the both of them. She smiled as she was happy to tell them the surprise.

"Well since we are all off for a week this spring I thought we go out on vacation." So-eun shared. Yunho looked at her nodding his head.

"Vacation?" Lucy asked. Yunho patted his little girl's head, seeing she and her appa had never had one.

"We could use a vaction." Yunho stated. So-eun smiled happy to have heard that. She then turned to the kitchen counter where she had printed out information to share with Yunho.

"That's great! I had already booked us three a week vacation at Jeju Island." She handed Yunho to information on the hotel reservation and the flight plan to and from as well as ideas on what they could do once they were there. Lucy jumped up and down as happy as can be. Yunho was shocked.

"So-eun, you didnt have to do this!" She shook her head at Yunho.

"Nonsence. You two have helped me out so much that I felt I should treat you guys to something nice. Besides, I think its time we got out of the apartment and went on a little adventure." She stated most of the last bit to Lucy who giggled happily. Yunho could see that it was a good choice. He agreed to it and the plans were set in motion. Once their vacation started they were on a plane, flying to Jeju island. Lucy sat by the window looking down as she watch the plane fly over the many cities and over the ocean. The flight was short which was good, as they gathered their things and headed to their hotel. It didnt seem to take long at all to get from home to their vacation retreat. Lucy looked out the window of their hotel room in awe at the scenery. Of course it wasnt the ocean view but Lucy was happy no matter what.

"Unnie. Look! Look at the garden over there?" Lucy pointed out from the window. So-eun nodded looking out the window with her as they looked at all the people and cars. Yunho had unloaded the cart that had their luggage and paid the bellboy a tip for his help before shutting the door. He carried the stuff further in, setting them next to the bed and laying back on the soft bed. Lucy looked at her appa, finding he was resting. She ran to him, climbing up the bed and jumping on it.

"No! No sleeping!" Lucy stated. Yunho smiled.

"Oh but I carried all the bags in that I am so tired." He joked as he pretended he was falling fast asleep. Lucy began jumping harder on the bed, not letting him win. He finally got up and grabbed his daughter, tickling her as she screamed with laughter. So-eun watched, laughing as she found that these two were the reason she was here. It wasnt long before Lucy found out that they were near the beach. So for the first day they took her to the beach. She played in the sand, using some of the wet sand to build herself a sandcastle. Yunho and So-en helped her but let Lucy do most of it since it was her sandcastle. It began getting dark and the three of them were starting to get hungry. They quickly got cleaned up and headed down the street to find something to eat. There was so many resturants that it was hard to choose. Lucy looked around and spoted one, it was next to the garden which she wanted to see anyways. They decided to eat there and ate out on the patio next to the garden. Lucy looked at all the pretty flowers finding she really enjoyed them.

"Appa! What kind of flower is that?" Lucy asked. He looked at where she was pointing too and he would answer.

"That's Mugunghwa. It's our national flower!" Yunho shared. Lucy smiled, then pointed to another.

"What is that one?"

"That's an Iris!" He answered. Lucy nodded but then spotted one she really liked. She began to jump up and down and smiled, pointing in excitment.

"Oh! Appa look at that one. The big yellow one. What is that one?" She asked. They all looked to see what she was pointing at. Yunho didnt really know, not sure what it was. So-eun smiled, remembering some of her english class lessons.

"That's a sunflower." So-eun shared. Lucy smiled.

"It's really big and bright!" Lucy stated which had Yunho and So-eun chuckle for a moment. The three of them continued eating their dinner and returned to their room.

 

The next few days, they had spent alot of time in the garden, by the beach and having dinner. They had also visited some of the caves, a old village and even seen a festival. So-eun was down in the lobby talking to the lady at the front counter asking for more towels when she heard from a family talking about the bear museum. Thinking about it made her smile as she had then planned for them to visit this museum. The moment they arrived, Lucy was estatic. She jumped around, teeth showing through her smile as she looked at all the bears. She liked all of them. She had to have her picture taken infront of every single bear exibit piece. Once they got to two large bears that stood together, one wearing a wedding gown and the other a suit, Lucy looked at both her appa and Unnie.

"Appa, you should be in the picture!" She called. Yunho smiled, handing the camera to So-eun to take the picture.

"No! Appa you should be in the picture with Unnie!" She stated.

"Well who is gonna take the picture?" Yunho asked.

"I will!" Lucy volunteered. Yunho shook his head.

"You dont want to be in the picture?" So-eun asked. Just before Lucy could answer, random attende of the musuem offered to take the picture for them. The three of them stood next to the bears, posing for the picture. The man was about to take the picture when he notice Lucy was trying to tell him something. She pointed to her appa and unnie and then the bears when he finally got what she was trying to tell them.

"Why dont the lovely couple share a kiss?" He stated. Yunho and So-eun looked surprised. They both looked at one another, seeing that maybe they shouldnt hide the fact they were dating just cause Lucy was there. So they leaned in to kiss. The man smiled as he readied the camera.

"Ready! 1. 2." Click, the camera went off and the picture was taken. Saving a beautiful memory they had at the musuem.

They were finally back at the hotel room and Lucy had fallen to sleep. She had a long eventful day that she didnt even last through the first three pages of her book So-eun was reading her. Yunho was looking at the pictures in the camera as So-eun joined him, seeing all the adorable pictures.

"Oh I really like that one!" She stated as they looked at the picture of Lucy smelling the flowers at the garden. Yunho nodded.

"What about this one?" He asked, showing the one where they were in the caves. So-eun shook her head.

"Nope!" She took the camera from him and searched for a certain photo.

"Now this is my favorite of you." She showed him the picture of where she and Lucy barried him in the sand. He laughed, remembering that moment well. He took the camera again and searched through the pictures till he came upon the one where the three of them stood together in the teddy bear musuem. He and So-eun kissed as Lucy smiled for the camera. He smiled, turning the camera to So-eun and sharing it with her.

"I think this if my favorite picture." So-eun looked at the picture he showed her, seeing that it too was her favorite.

"Mine as well." She uttered softly. She leaned over to him and gave him a quick peck on the lips. She then laid next to him, her head laying on his chest as she found that this moment was something she would treasure with all those memories she spent together with them.