Our Memories

LUCY

It was an early morning when a taxi drove up to the cemetary. Yunho came out carrying a sunflower. He seemed alittle sad as he strolled through the gates of the cemetary. He made his way to a small grave where a grey concret angel stood above. He smirked as he came apon this grave. He laid the sunflower down on the grave as he knelt down infront of the grave. He looked at the engraved name on the tomb stone. "Lucy" was the name engraved. Lucy was his child, his baby. Lucy was his pride and joy that had appeared in his life. She was not even a toddler yet when she was dropped off by her mother. The fragil sick woman who knew she was dying had no one she could leave her child with. He was the only person she knew, the only person who didnt treat her or her daughter strange. Because they were not Korean, they were not of asian decent at all. They were cacasuion. He smiled at the thought of holding the small baby in his arms. She was so small then. He looked up at the sky and noticed the grey skys were turning blue again. A warm smile grew on his face.

"Look Lucy! The sun has returned. And its shinning brightly just like your beautiful sunflower." He stated outloud. Enjoying the small confort of the warm sun in his face was as if his baby girl was grabbing his face. Remembering raising the small child was hard at first but it was an experience he would never forget.

"My dear Lucy, how I wish you could be here with me. Appa isnt sure how to deal with life now that your gone." The wind began to blow, blowing through his hair as if she was answering him. He closed his eyes for a second and remembered when he cut his hair cause she constantly pulled it when it was long. How he became to overprotective appa that she loved dearly. When she began to walk on her own and when she began to speak.

"It has been quite since you been gone. I go crazy sometimes cause its too quite." Yunho thought more on how this child has changed him for so many ways. He was a mature young man. He was a loner for a while but once Lucy was in his life he soon became a family man. He smiled at how his skills with children were thanks to her. He remembered her dancing around in her pajamas, singing to the songs on the tv playing as he would cook her supper. A small tear fell from his eye. It was sad, he would never be able to do those things with little Lucy ever again.

"Do you remember when we first became a family? When your mother left you in my care? Probably not but I do. I remember it like it was yesterday. Because that was the day I became your loving Appa. When we became a family. Boy did I not know what I was doing at first but Appa got the hang of it. You were so fragil, and yet so full of smiles. Oh how you loved to get into everything." Yunho expressed the memories outloud as if she was there listening.

"I think my fondest memories of you were when you started to tell me that you wanted me to get married. You remember that I bet. Yes that started when you were just barely starting school. Appa was just getting use to you being in day care but you had to go to school so I had to change my schedule." He thought back on those memories till they seemed to play like a movie in his mind.