Doona

LUCY

Several weeks had gone by and So-eun still feared to be alone. Lucy didnt know why So-eun cried during the night but she felt sad for So-eun. Yunho tried to console her every night but sometimes it seemed he couldnt help her. He could feel his heart break. He understood why she didnt want to get involved in a relationship. How could she have dated a guy who would treat her like that? Her ex was still out there, hiding out and waiting. Yunho had made sure to have So-eun's things moved to a storage so she wouldnt have to return to her appartment but at times he felt that the man could be waiting outside her place of work and possibly following her home. Yunho knew that So-eun was mentally and emotionally hurt. Thankfully she wasnt hurt physically but still she was deeply wounded. So-eun was at work, keep her mind off it as much as possible but anytime she saw someone that even resembled her ex sent her into a panic. Yunho began picking her up at work but he could tell sometimes she was not there, she was back in her apartment experiencing that moment again and again, over and over haunting her like a nightmare. Yunho left work early so he could meet So-eun before she left work. As he walked toward her job he spotted the man. The man who had been tourmenting her dreams for weeks now. He was heading to her place of work. He wasnt going to let him get away this time. He pulled out his phone, calling the police, telling them where he was heading and followed to keep him with in sight. He told the police that he would try to attack So-eun again and she would be getting off work soon.

So-eun shut down her computer and gathered her things. She knew that Yunho was on his way so she started to pack her things to leave. Doona noticed seeing that her friend was about to leave.

"Eun!" She called. Doona wasnt one for pet names but she used it for So-eun since she heard what had happened even if So-eun didnt talk about it. So-eun turned to look at her.

"Wait a moment. I am getting ready to leave as well. Let me atleast walk you out." She suggested. So-eun didnt understand why Doona would do that since she was a workaholic just for the wrong magazine company. She waited for her friend as she quickly turned everything off. They began to walk together toward the exit.

"So how is Yunho and the little girl... ah... what was her name?" Doona asked. So-eun looked at her friend not sure why she seemed to not know that. She was the type to remember everything, names, faces.

"Lucy!" She answered.

"Ah, thats right, I dont know why I was thinking Suzy." She laughed. So-eun knew something was up then.

Yunho had followed the man till he reached his destination. He was outside the magazine company So-eun worked for. Fear suddenly ran through Yunho. The man stood near the exit he knew So-eun would walk through. The police where on the phone still but not anywhere near yet. Yunho noticed he pulled out something from his jacket. With the light reflecting off of it he found it to be a knife. He began to run toward the man. So-eun was still walking with Doona when Doona notice something wrong. She could see Yunho running in the distance toward them when they steped closer out the door she noticed a familiar face. A face she knew was bad. Without a second thought, Doona pulled So-eun behind her to only find a knife jammed into her shoulder.

"DOONA!" So-eun screamed. Doona grabbed the knife in her shoulder, making sure that So-eun's ex could not retrieve it. She fell to the ground, feeling the pain that was now flooding her body. The man began to take off before Yunho could reach him, leaving So-eun be but he didnt make it far once he turned the corner the police had reached him. He was arrested on the spot. So-eun was holding Doona's hand keeping her awake and talking.

"Doona, can you hear me?" So-eun desperatly asked. Doona could hear her but she didnt want to scream in pain so instead she nodded. Yunho ran to them, yelling to others who just stood there to call an ambulance. Min-a and Yoon-young heard what had happened and came running out.

"OMG!" Yoon freaked out as she came to the scene.

"No! Doona!" Min-a cried. They waited for the ambulance as they kept their friend awake. It wasnt long till Doona was taken to the hospital. After many staples and stiches, Doona was doing fine. All the girls had went to see her in the hospital. She was perfectly fine, since she had the energy to terrorize the nurses for no apparent reason. It seemed only her friends could deal with her personality. They brought flowers, books and even a laptop so she could do whatever she wanted. Doona was thankful but most people wouldnt beable to tell.

"How are you feeling?" Min-a asked.

"Like someone stabbed me!" Doona sarcasticly answered. So-eun looked sad. For the first time Yoon could tell that Doona wanted to talk to So-eun alone and asked Min-a to go with her, making an excuss about flirting with a male nurse which everyone knew she would have gone for a doctor. As soon as they left Doona looked at So-eun. She had tears in her eyes.

"Hey! I am ok!" She stated. So-eun knew she was fine but she felt sad that her friend had to be hurt because of a past relationship.

"If.... If I had left alone..."

"Then it would have been you in this bed not me, but more then likely you would have been worse off." Doona never sugar coated anything. She bluntly stated the truth no matter what. So-eun knew she was right. It could have been her life.

"You didnt have too!" She stated. Doona shook her head.

"But I did. You see in your situation now, you would have more people who would be deeply hurt because beyond the four of us, there is the five of them. Yunho and Lucy especially. I took the blow cause I knew you were need most. Besides what friend wouldnt take a bullet for a friend like you. Well in this case a knife." She joked. So-eun smiled weakly.

"Thank you!" So-eun uttered. Doona nodded.

"Hey!" She called So-eun.

"Could you do me a favor and get me some green jello. I really ate that they served me the red one when I asked for green." Doona asked. So-eun laughed at the silly request her friend had asked. The two of them laughed, finding that everything was fine.

 

Yunho was in the waiting room, looking at the floor as he waited for So-eun when he heard his sister's voice. He looked up to see down the hall she was talking with the doctor. Just then he saw his Omma helping his appa walk out of the room. He was being released. he guessed the doctor given him the ok to return home. He thought about approaching them, talking to them till he remembered his fathers words.

"Yunho my son, why dont you come home. Send the child to the american embassy so she can be adopted by her own..." His words echoed in his head. He stayed where he was and watched as his family left. He had missed his family but he would regret leaving Lucy if he ever abandoned her like his father had asked. So-eun returned with a smile on her face. Yunho turned to see the smile he had missed so much.

"How is she?" He asked. So-eun smiled.

"Full of spunk as usual!" She shared. He smiled finding that Doona wouldnt be any other way. The two of them finally left the hospital, heading home to find Lucy with Heechul. Heechul was worried for Doona but he knew that So-eun needed to see her more.

"How does she feel?" He asked. So-eun smiled.

"Like she been stabbed with a knife!" She answered. Heechul laughed as Yunho missed the joke.

"Oh that sounds just like her." Heechul added.

"Well I guess I better head off. Got things to do." Heechul added. He left as soon as he could. Yunho check on Lucy, finding her asleep in her bed. It had been an eventful few weeks. So-eun headed to the room where she changed in to her pj's. Yunho followed her and shutting the door behind him. So-eun turned and looked at him.

"Yunho.." He approached her and hugged her. She could tell he was worried for her. She wrapped her arms around him, finding the comfort in his arms she was happy to have around her.

"So-eun, you dont know how scared I was to see him pulling out a knife to attack you. I dont know what I would have done... if .... if..." So-eun put a finger to his lips, stopping him from talking.

"Kiss me!" Yunho was stunned by her request. He didnt expect it. She looked him in the eyes and repeated.

"Kiss me! Yunho!" Without hesitating this round, he leaned in and kiss her. With this kiss his feeling of fear, love, admiration and sorrow poured out and so did hers. They let all their feelings flow through them. Yunho knew that a real relationship would have many bumps in the road, and they had only gone over their first real bump in the road to their happiness.