Music

Bus Stop Strangers

So, the other day you mentioned that you came here to go to school,” SanDeul started. He had sat down beside you on the bench. For once, the bus stop was empty. “Why'd you choose Korea?” He seemed genuinely interested.

 

“I'm interested in the culture and I really like the food,” you replied. SanDeul seemed to brighten up a bit at the mere mention of food. You were a bit worried that he was going to ask you to buy him something to eat again.

 

“You like the food and the culture – what about the music?” he asked quickly.

 

“Like, K-pop?” you asked, wanting to make sure he didn't mean traditional Korean music. Which you really didn't know too much about, but you did plan to learn about it sometime.

 

“Yeah. What groups do you like?” he asked. He squinted up at the sky but it was clear that he was listening, ready to hear your answer.

 

You looked thoughtful and watched a car pass by.

 

“I like Super Junior,” you stated. He looked a tiny bit crestfallen and looked over at you. You smiled, wondering why he seemed so down.

 

“Any other groups?” he asked.

 

“Uh, well... Infinite has some catchy songs and they're choreography is amazing,” you replied. “And then there was another group I started listening to. I think it starts with a B...” You bit your tongue as you tried thinking of the name of the group. SanDeul looked hopeful as you silently thought of the name of the group. “Ah! Yeah, Beast. They're good too.” He looked disappointed once more. When you noticed his expression, your brows furrowed and you wondered what was wrong. “Is something the matter?”

 

SanDeul bit his bottom lip for a second then put on one of his bright smiles.

 

“Have you ever heard of the group B1A4?” he asked.

 

You look thoughtful as you search your brain for some recognition of the name. There were a lot of K-pop groups and you were still trying to learn their names. Your eyebrows rose slightly as you recalled the group B1A4.

 

“They have that song... Uh, what was it...” You snapped your fingers quickly as you tried thinking of the songs name. It was on the tip of your tongue. “OK! Right? I'm right, right?”

 

SanDeul nodded enthusiastically. Before he could say anything you opened your mouth.

 

“That's a catchy song,” you stated. As he was about to say something, the bus pulled up and you said your goodbyes.

----

A/N: I've updated a lot today O_o .. I actually have two more chapters I want to add...