Ice Cream

Bus Stop Strangers

As you neared the bus stop the next day, you saw SanDeul again. You wondered if he was waiting for you.

 

“Hello!” he called out to you happily with a slight bow as you approached him. He takes a bite from the cup of ice cream he's holing in his hand. As you stop before him, you let out a long, slow sigh.

 

“Have I found myself a stalker?” you asked, not bothering to greet him.

 

“What do you mean?” SanDeul asked, looking slightly confused. The only response you could manage to give him was a roll of your eyes.

 

You pulled your bag up to rest on your shoulder and couldn't help yourself from eying the ice cream SanDeul was eating. You wished you had some seeing as how it was a rather warm day and you really loved ice cream.

 

SanDeul seemed to notice you staring at his food and stuck his arm out towards you, offering you some of the ice cream. You took a step away from him and declined, waving your hands in front of you.

 

“I don't share food with strangers,” you stated.

 

“I don't have any contagious diseases or anything,” he said quickly. “Besides – I'm a stranger you can trust.”

 

You bit your cheek as you thought about his offer. You stared at the ice cream that was starting to melt in the bright sun. You glanced up at SanDeul's face and he raised his brow as if to ask 'well?'. You sighed and reached for the spoon only to have SanDeul bring his arm back towards him and the ice cream out of your reach.

 

“Fine,” you huffed with a roll of your eyes. With a sheepish grin, he stuck his arm out again and before he can take away the ice cream once more, you quickly grab a hold of the spoon and take a tiny scoop of the cold food. You couldn't stop the pleased smile that spread across your lips.

 

“So, what are you doing in Korea?” SanDeul asked.

 

“I'm going to school here for a year,” you replied, wincing at the slight brain freeze that had crept up on you.

 

The bus pulled up then and you placed the spoon back into the ice cream.

 

“Thanks,” you said quickly, with a friendly smile, as you started for the bus.

 

SanDeul watched you board the bus. You look out the window from your seat and wave at SanDeul as the bus pulled away.