Present

Bus Stop Strangers

Merry Christmas!” GongChan yelled excitedly as you walked into their dorm. You flinched slightly at his warm greeting, not having expected to hear something so loud, so early. You were actually surprised he was awake.

 

GongChan closed the door behind you and then followed you into the living room. He eyed the wrapped boxes you carried in your arms, clearly interested to know if one of them was for him. When you noticed his expression, you smiled and grabbed the top box. You handed it over to him and he happily took it.

 

“Is everyone else sleeping?” you asked.

 

“I think Baro's trying to wake the others up right now,” GongChan replied. “We stayed up late watching TV.”

 

“So then, what are you doing up?”

 

“It's Christmas!”

 

“Right,” you sighed, not sure why he was so excited. You figured he must really like presents or something. You set the rest of the small gifts down on the coffee table and then started to remove your heavy coat.

 

SanDeul stumbled into the room with half-closed eyes. A small smile appeared on his face when he noticed you.

 

“I thought I heard your voice,” he said, as he slowly made his way towards you. You were trying to keep back the giggle that wanted to escape you. SanDeul's hair was a mess and he was wearing cutesy pajamas that you hadn’t been expecting to see him in. “What is it?” he asked, noticing that you were having a hard time restraining yourself.

 

You covered your mouth with you hand to hide your smile and shook your head. With a deep breath, you calmed yourself. “It's nothing. Those are some really cute pajamas.”

 

“Thanks,” SanDeul said brightly. He embraced you tightly then and stayed that way longer than you had expected. You nudged him slightly with your shoulder.

 

“SanDeul,” you whispered. “Yah, SanDeul~”

 

“I think he fell asleep,” GongChan commented with a small laugh. You let out a sigh and leaned your head against SanDeul's.

 

“Merry Christmas,” you murmured, wondering if he would hear you.

 

“Merry Christmas,” he responded.

 

You stepped away from him, causing him to almost fall over since he had been using you for support.

 

“Did you get me a present?” he asked.

 

“I got a present for everyone,” you replied, motioning towards the stack of gifts that you had brought with you. “But don't be too excited or anything, it's just something small since I always end up spending all my money on food for you guys.”

 

“And we appreciate that,” CNU stated as he entered the room. JinYoung and Baro came in not long after him and they all gathered in a circle around the table. They sat on the floor, looking a bit drowsy.

 

You handed out the gifts and waited for them to open them. They all seemed content and happy and were more awake by the end of the whole ordeal. SanDeul disappeared for a moment and returned holding a small, wrapped box. He handed it over to you with a smile.

 

“What is it?” you asked, shaking it slightly. But it made no noise, so you frowned at it.

 

“Open it and see.”

 

You pulled back the paper and let it fall to the floor so that you could open the little black box that rested in your hands. Inside the box laid a pretty, silver necklace. A small pendant hung from the chain and you held it close to your face so you could better inspect it.

 

“It's beautiful,” you said quietly. “Why would you get me this?”

 

“What?” SanDeul asked, looking shocked and just a little bit confused. “You don't like it?”

 

“It's not that. It's just... Wasn't this expensive?” You stared at the necklace with a small frown. You didn’t like the thought of him spending a lot of money on you.

 

“It wasn't that expensive,” he said easily. He took the necklace from you and gently laid it against your throat before fastening the hook at the back. He then proceeded to place a soft kiss to your cheek. “Wear it everyday, okay?”

XXX

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating, I've been kind of busy and I had writer's block.  I still do actually but I'll try to push through it ^^  I'll also apologize for this lame chapter~  I really had no idea what to write...