Distracted

Bus Stop Strangers

You had brought B1A4 lunch again, this time it was things that you had made on your own. You had hoped they would like it and from what you could tell, they did. Only, SanDeul and GongChan were practicing their dance still, seemingly oblivious to the others that sat in the room, eating.

 

Baro was sitting beside you on the floor. He was leaning rather close to you but you didn't really notice. Baro was becoming like a close friend to you anyways.

 

“So, SanDeul confessed to you,” Baro said, his voice quiet. Your cheeks automatically turned red. “But you didn't confess back.” You hung your head in shame, regretful that you hadn't been brave enough to tell SanDeul how you felt. “He looked heartbroken.”

 

“Stop it,” you said, your tone full of warning. You didn't want to hear about SanDeul looking upset, it made you feel worse than you already did.

 

SanDeul was watching your and Baro's reflections in the mirror as he danced. He suddenly felt jealous as he observed the proximity between the two of you. He was so preoccupied, that as he was dancing he hit GongChan in the nose.

 

“Ah! Hyung!” GongChan cried out, his hand flying up to his face. At the sound of GongChan yelling, everyone looked in his direction.

 

You stood and neared the maknae. You gently brought his hand away from his face to see that his nose was bleeding. SanDeul was apologizing profusely from behind you. You used the sleeve of the jacket you were wearing to wipe away the blood that was steadily flowing down GongChan's face.

 

“Stop apologizing and get some tissues,” you ordered SanDeul, keeping your sleeve lightly pressed to GongChan's nose.

 

SanDeul rushed to the other members who handed him handfuls of tissues. He returned shortly and handed them over to you. You gaped at the amount of tissues then at the members who had given them to SanDeul. They shrugged and went back to eating, not too concerned about the injured maknae, as if someone getting hurt was a daily occurrence.

 

With a sigh, you gently removed your sleeve from GongChan's nose and handed over some tissues. You stepped back and removed your now bloody jacket. You excused yourself, saying that you were just going to go wash off your sleeve in the bathroom.

XXX

You were humming as you washed your jacket in the sink, trying your best to get the blood out. You already regretted doing something so stupid and hoped your jacket wasn't going to be ruined. SanDeul walked into the bathroom then, startling you.

 

“You should have been more careful,” you sighed, watching his reflection in the mirror through your lashes.

 

“I know,” SanDeul said. “I just got distracted.”

 

“Distracted by what?” you asked, not able to imagine what could have possibly distracted him – he was the one who had decided to keep practicing after all. You noticed that SanDeul was blushing. “What?” you asked, turning off the tap. You turned to face him, your hands on your hips. “You're not getting sick are you?” You placed your hand to his warm cheek. SanDeul placed his hand over yours, keeping your palm to his cheek. You felt nervous again and you could feel your heart beat speeding up.

 

SanDeul took a step towards you. You tried to take a step back but only ended up running into the sink. As SanDeul leaned down towards you, you squeezed your eyes shut. His lips brushed your forehead lightly and you opened your eyes.

 

As he took a step back, you looked up at him, searching his eyes. You hadn't noticed that he had freed your hand and you still had it pressed to his cheek. He cleared his throat, bringing you back to reality. You quickly withdrew your hand and turned away from him.

 

“I guess you're not getting sick,” you mumbled.

 

You heard SanDeul snicker lightly behind you.