Shopping

Bus Stop Strangers

 

You yawned and stretched your arms above your head as you neared the bus stop. Just like the day before and the day before that, you had just left the restaurant where you normally ate lunch. You frowned when you saw that the bus hadn't arrived yet and you hoped you didn't miss it again. You wished the buses would keep to their schedules a little better.

 

You spotted the boy from the day before. He was leaning against a pole, looking around hopefully. When he spotted you he smiled brightly. You eyed him suspiciously and as you walked towards him.

 

“What are you doing here?” you asked.

 

“I was shopping,” he responded much too quickly. You looked at his hands and the ground around his feet.

 

“You don't have any bags,” you stated.

 

“I meant to say that I'm going shopping,” he said. “I'm waiting on the bus.”

 

You smirk and shake your head. You face the road.

 

“So, what do you need that you can't find in a shop around here?” you asked. The boy looks around and frowns, just realizing that the street is lined with various stores. He opens his mouth to speak but then closes it. He opens it again and just sighs. His shoulders slumped slightly and you glanced over at him.

 

“I actually came here hoping to see you again,” he said, his voice a bit quieter than before.

 

His words took you by surprise and you stared wide-eyed at him. A part of you wants to laugh another part wants to pinch his cheeks and tell him that he's adorable.

 

“I'm ___,” you say, introducing yourself.

 

“I'm SanDeul.”