Winter

Bus Stop Strangers

It was cold outside, winter had completely taken hold and you were forced to wear a thick coat. You shivered and placed your gloved hands over your face in an attempt to keep your nose warm. You marched in place as you tried to stay warm. A shiver ran through you and snow began to fall from the sky. You glared up at the clouds and begged the sun to come out of hiding.

 

A pair of arms wrapped around you, startling you. You calmed down quickly with a quick guess at who was standing behind you. SanDeul rested his head next to yours and placed a kiss against your gloved hand. You let your hands fall away from your face and let him kiss your cheek. His lips felt warm against your cold skin.

 

With a smile on your lips, you turned around in his arms and buried your face in his coat. SanDeul hugged you tighter. The two of you stayed like that for quite some time and you had even forgotten how cold you had been. You were completely content to stay in SanDeul's arms for however long. Breathing in his scent and feeling safe in his arms.

 

Being with him was becoming so comfortable and you were even surprised at how easy it was for you to be around him. You no longer got annoyed with him – at least not so easily – and you rather liked his group mates.

 

You knew it was too early for love, but you did like him a whole lot and hoped that maybe one day that the intense like you felt towards him could one day turn into love. That your feelings could be returned made you smile but when you thought that he might not ever love you back, your heart grew heavy and you had to force your mind elsewhere.

 

It was a particularly ridiculous thought, you told yourself. After all, if you of all people could grow to love him he would most likely return your feelings. But you could never know for certain and it greatly bothered you.

 

Feeling that something was plaguing your thoughts, SanDeul loosened his hold on you and took a step back. You didn't want to leave his embrace but you held your ground and looked up into his eyes.

 

“Is something bothering you?” he asked softly.

 

“I was just thinking,” you replied.

 

“I think you do that too often. You should try to have a blank mind once in awhile,” he stated. You laughed, finding his words slightly foolish.

 

“I'm not even sure if that's possible. If you try not to think about anything you end up thinking about not thinking... you know what I mean?”

 

SanDeul was silent for a moment and seemed to be staring blankly at nothing in particular. Suddenly, a look of shock crossed his face and his brown eyes met yours. A wide smile spread over his lips and he laughed.

 

“Wow! You're right. It's impossible to think of nothing at all,” he said.