The Final Decision

Bus Stop Strangers

Summer was approaching and without meaning too (though maybe self-consciously you had), you had been distancing yourself from SanDeul. You knew that the relationship couldn't possibly last – and not because you didn't want it to. But, Korea was not your home and you were not sure it ever would be. That it ever could be.

 

Could you really stay there for one person? One person that, in retrospect, you hardly knew.

 

B1A4 was seriously busy and so were you. With promotions starting again, you didn't see SanDeul all that often and when there was an opportunity, you chose instead to do other things than visit him. You felt bad about it, a sign that you knew what you were doing was wrong. But once you were approved for another two semesters of schooling in Korea, you were sure that you wouldn't be distancing yourself from SanDeul.

 

With that little reassurance in mind, you were able to go about your day with little to no worries about hurting your boyfriend's feelings.

 

You walked towards the bus stop, the one you had used so many times and the place where you had met SanDeul. There was someone sitting there, playing with their phone with their head bowed. Night was beginning to fall and you were glad for the lights that lit the street.

 

You sat beside the stranger who looked over at you. You met their gaze and nearly jumped at the sight of SanDeul. How had you not realized it was him?

 

“Hi,” you said quickly.

 

“Hi, ___. I think there is something that we need to talk about,” SanDeul stated, his voice much too serious for you to comprehend. You nodded slowly though and waited to hear what he had to say. “We're both busy. I never thought that it would be a problem, me being an idol and you being a student. But, the school year has ended and you're still too busy.”

 

You nodded but were unsure of what he was getting at.

 

“So, I've been thinking about what to do. How to resolve this distance growing between us, but there is only one answer. I should have known it would be this way,” SanDeul said, his eyes had begun to glisten. It was something contagious it seems, for your eyes too began to water as you realized what it was that he was telling you.

 

“SanDeul,” you started, you voice cracking on his name. Hadn't he said that he loved you? That he was going to wait for you to love him in return? Was he becoming impatient?

 

“I guess what I'm saying is... We should probably stop seeing each other.”

 

You felt your heart stop at his words. Was he being serious? Why was he doing this?

 

“That's not what I want,” you said, shaking your head. “Is that the impression you got?”

 

SanDeul didn't say anything, just watched you as you searched his eyes. You tried to think of something else to say, but what was there? You didn't need an explanation for his reasoning. You didn't want one. So what did you want?

 

“I'm staying in Korea,” you said. “I'm just waiting for approval from my school. I'm not going anywhere, so I don't understand... Is this my fault?”

 

“No. It's not your fault, ___. We've just...”

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

“Don't make me out to be the bad guy here,” SanDeul said. Though his words may have seemed harsh, there was no anger in his tone. He bowed his head and looked away from you.

 

“That's not what I'm doing. I'm just trying to understand why this is happening. You said you loved me. Was that a lie? Are you really willing to just end it instead of trying to fix it?” You could feel tears rolling down your cheeks, something uncharacteristic of you. You had never thought you would be crying over a guy. But you could feel your heart breaking and that's when you realized why you had been avoiding him. Why you didn't want your relationship with him to end.

 

You grabbed SanDeul's hand which seemed to catch him by surprise. You wiped away your tears with your free hand and sniffed back your tears.

 

“I love you, SanDeul,” you confessed at last. You felt a weight lift from your shoulders.

 

You were actually surprised when SanDeul's expression brightened and a smile took hold of his lips. He brought you into a tight embrace in which you returned. No words needed to be said for the situation, you knew, had been resolved.

 

XXX

A/N:  This is the last chapter and there will be no sequel, for as you may have already guessed, I kind of lost inspiration for this story.  I forced this ending out and I'm sorry if it wasn't that satisfying (it is better than the not-so-happy ending I had planned).  I may go back and edit all my mistakes later, but for now, this is it. ^^