Avoiding

Bus Stop Strangers

You were leaning against the wall, minding your own business and perhaps even daydreaming a little bit. Practice for the boys seemed to be dragging on forever and you had seen the routine so many times that you were beginning to lose interest. You were sure that would not be the case if they were actually performing, for it was different watching them in their stage outfits and singing and dancing about the stage. But them just practicing in front of the mirror for hours was beginning to get a tad bit boring, seeing as how you had little to do but stare at them.

 

You didn't want to be rude and text your friends randomly, or work on the homework you had in your bag – though you re3ally needed to tend to it. Also, though the thought had crossed your mind, you didn't think it would be very polite to not come and watch their practices considering you had told SanDeul you would be there. Because he had such a busy schedule and you were currently employed, there weren't many times that you got to see him. So, you would take what you could because, you might as well face it, you were falling for him and didn't want to give up your opportunities to see him.

 

You had never thought you would do something like that. Not for a boy. Not for anyone. But he had changed you – for the better or worse, you had no idea.

 

You hadn’t noticed that practice had ended (or at least temporarily postponed while SanDeul ran to the restroom and GongChan went to snack on something). You were brought out of your dreamland by a voice, one that hadn't been directed at you in quite sometime. But you had no idea what he had said, so as you looked up to meet his brown gaze, you asked him to repeat himself.

 

“I said that I'm tired of you avoiding me,” Baro stated.

 

“I don't avoid you,” was your quick response. You couldn't help but roll your eyes, already wanting the conversation to be at end since you felt like it might end up in an argument.

 

“Really, you don't? You never go out of your way to start a conversation with me.

 

“I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to do that,” you sighed, your patience quickly wearing thin. You ran your fingers through your hair and pursed your lips, waiting for the response that was sure to come from his lips. For you were certain he had no intention to leave it alone, after all, he had gone out of his way to bring it up. Thought, the fact that he hadn't brought it up sooner actually surprised you. You had expected this conversation to take place a month or so before.

 

“I think you deliberately ignore me. Does it really have to be so awkward between us?” he asked, his voice low so that the others wouldn't hear. Though why he cared about such a thing baffled you since everyone already knew everything as it was. “I thought we were going to be friends.”

 

You narrowed your gaze, uncertain of what to say. You had no problem being friends with Baro, but what if he did something stupid? Once was bad enough, but easy to explain away. Twice would be a different matter all together. And it wasn't that you didn't trust him to behave himself, but there was always the possibility that he would act on his teenage hormones.

 

You didn't want to hurt his feelings. And you did want to be his friend again. But you were a tiny bit offended that he accused you of avoiding him! You had been under the impression that he was avoiding you. He always avoided eye contact and often left the room if you went to visit SanDeul at the dorm.

 

“I won't avoid you,” you started, looking back up into his eyes. “But you have to promise not to avoid me either. Or else we will go on ignoring each other.”

 

Baro smiled slightly and nodded. “Fine. I won't ignore you.”

 

“Good. Now that we got that settled and out of the way, please excuse yourself so I may go back to my daydreaming,” you said.

 

Baro gave you a curious look and asked, “What exactly were you daydreaming about that you're so eager to get back to? Is it something erted?”

 

Your cheeks turned red and you shook your head.

 

“Sure,” he said as he walked away to join his band mates as SanDeul returned to the room.

 

You were already regretting agreeing not to avoid him. You hoped he didn't plan on making anymore of those types of comments.

 

Xxx

 

A/N: haha, well, hmm, I was going to add drama but when I typed, drama did not happen at all~ But I suppose I set it up to where there could be drama... To be honest, I've had really bad writer's block for this story and just had to force myself to write. And there are probably typos because I was too busy to go through and fix anything (lazy~) Well, I'm going to go and do something that isn't all that productive.