Piano

Bus Stop Strangers

 

You arrived at B1A4's practice room per SanDeul's request. You looked around but didn't see SanDeul anywhere. The other members were hanging around, not seeming to be doing anything productive. GongChan spotted you before anyone else and happily made his way towards you. With a bright smile he hugged you. You stood stock still, not quite used to random affection.

 

“Where's SanDeul?” you asked as he released you.

 

“Ah, I believe he's in another practice room,” GongChan replied. He grabbed your hand casually and started to lead you out of the room. You followed behind, not wanting to be dragged. He stopped just outside a closed door. He pointed at the window set into the door and you peered inside SanDeul's back was to you and he was sitting in front of a piano. “I'll be leaving,” GongChan stated as he released your hand. He disappeared quickly, leaving you alone in the hallway.

 

You watched SanDeul from outside the room for awhile before finally entering. You opened the door and stepped inside as quietly as possible, not wanting to disturb his practice. His beautiful voice filled the room, accompanied by the soft sound of the piano. You closed the door as softly as possible and then moved to sit against the wall.

 

You sat there, just listening to him sing, a small smile on your face. The song was a bit sad though and brought tears to your eyes despite how beautiful it all was, or maybe that's what had made you cry to begin with.

 

The song ended with a final note from the piano and you accidentally sniffed too loudly. SanDeul jumped slightly in surprise and turned around. You hastily tried wiping away the tears that had begun to stain your cheeks. SanDeul looked concerned as he stood and approached you.

 

“Why are you crying?” he asked, kneeling in front of you. You shook your head and laughed.

 

“It's silly,” you replied, somewhat shyly. SanDeul wiped away your remaining tears and leaned forward to plant a kiss on your cheek.

 

“How long have you been here?”

 

“I think I heard most of the song,” you replied with a shrug of your shoulders. “It was beautiful by the way. I really like your voice.”

 

“Thanks,” he said happily, obviously glad that you liked his singing. “Do you want to hear another song? I can sing anything you want?” He seemed eager to show off his vocal skills in front of you.

 

“What do you want to sing?” you asked, watching him head back over to the piano. He waved you over and with a sigh you stood and joined him. You sat beside him and watched his fingers start to gracefully move over the keys.