Convincing

Bus Stop Strangers

You walked towards the bus stop as usual. You had been expecting to see SanDeul, it had actually been a couple of days since you had seen him, though he did text you quite often. You weren't regretting giving him your number though, which a part of you found odd.

 

Instead of SanDeul waiting for you at the bus stop, there were two boys standing there and you recognized them instantly as Baro and JinYoung. You approached slowly and wondered what they were doing there. To your slight dismay, the two noticed you.

 

“Where's SanDeul?” you asked after exchanging greetings.

 

“He has a schedule today,” JinYoung replied.

 

“And you guys don't?” The two shook their heads in response. “Okay.” You looked thoughtful for a moment. “So... What are you doing here?”

 

“We're here to take you away,” Baro replied, looking determined.

 

“Away? What?” Before they could try explaining themselves you continued. “I'm not going anywhere with you guys.”

 

“This is one of our rare free days! And we're going to the amusement park,” Baro stated. He laced his arm with yours and looked down the street, watching for the bus.

 

“I'm not going,” you sighed, trying to free your arm. JinYoung laced his arm with your free one, making you trapped between the two idols. You frowned at the ground.

 

“Please,” JinYoung pleaded, his voice much too close to your ear.

 

“No! Besides, three people just isn't a good number. There should always be an even number when going to amusement parks. That way no one has to ride alone,” you said reasonably. The two exchanged an annoyed glance.

 

“We're meeting GongChan and CNU there,” Baro said.

 

“Still uneven.”

 

“SanDeul will be joining us later,” JinYoung mentioned offhandedly. You rolled your eyes at his words and looked up at him. He was smiling down at you.

 

“Do you really think that that's going to change my mind?” you asked.

 

“Actually,” JinYoung started. He looked over at Baro who nodded. JinYoung returned his gaze to you. “Yeah, we were pretty sure that that would change your mind.”

 

“We're paying,” Baro added at last, seeing it as a last resort to getting you to change your mind.

 

“I don't want you guys to do that,” you sighed. “How about this; I'll go if you guys buy me all the cotton candy I want.”

 

“Fine,” they said in unison as the bus pulled up.