Oppa

Bus Stop Strangers

It had been a couple of days since you had gone out to eat for lunch. You had decided to cut back a little since you had ended up spending so much money on restaurant food. But after only a couple days of eating cup noodles, you just had to go out to eat.

 

Since it had been awhile since you had last been to the bus stop, you were surprised to see SanDeul hanging around there again. You noticed that he looked a bit disheartened as he stood there. He looked down at the cell phone in his hand, checking the time. Biting his bottom lip, he looked over in the direction you usually came from and smiled when he saw you. The disheartened look on his face had completely disappeared.

 

“___, you're here today!” he exclaimed happily, rushing over to you. You nodded and looked around him to see if the bus was on its way. “I was beginning to think that you were avoiding me,” he stated sheepishly, rubbing at the back of his head.

 

“No, I wasn't avoiding you,” you said.

 

“For making me worry, you should buy me something to eat,” SanDeul stated. This statement surprised you. He was rather blunt about it.

 

“I'm a student. I don't have the money to spend on other people's meals,” you said, crossing your arms over your chest.

 

“But.. I gave you some of my ice cream!” he countered.

 

“And that was your choice.”

 

“Well, we can eat together. It'd be fun,” he said with the cutest eye smile you had ever seen. You actually thought about giving him money to buy something to eat, but decided against it.

 

“I've already eaten,” you sighed. SanDeul's eye smile disappeared and his face fell in defeat.

 

“Maybe some other time,” he said hopefully. You just nodded and felt a little bad to make him look so disappointed. He quickly cheered up though as he asked, “How old are you?”

 

“Nineteen,” you replied as you looked around him again. The bus was still no where to be found. Not that you wanted to be free from SanDeul or anything, you just didn't want to be too distracted and miss the bus.

 

“Ah, when's your birthday?” he asked.

 

“During the summer,” you replied, not wanting to be too specific. You still considered him a stranger after all, and though he seemed harmless, you didn't see why you should tell him the exact date.

 

“So, I'm older than you,” he said. “You should call me oppa.”

 

You rolled your eyes.

 

“Well how old are you and when's your birthday?” you asked, not wanting to call him oppa. You knew that the two of you weren't close enough for you to be calling him oppa.

 

“I'm nineteen too,” he started, “but my birthday is in March.”

 

“So, you're barely older than me! I am not going to call you oppa,” you stated. Before he could argue with you about it, you saw the bus pull up and excused yourself.

 

- - - - -

A/N: Hiya~ I'd like to say that I won't be using too many Korean words throughout the fic because I don't really like using random Korean in an English filled story, I of course have made an exception for the words Oppa, Hyung, Noona and Unni because there really isn't an English equivalent for those words. Anyways, thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting (whichever you choose to do), I appreciate it. ^_^ I'd also like to mention that the story seems slow and maybe boring right now, but I promise it will get more interesting. I'm trying to build a more realistic relationship than some people tend to do and I plan on introducing the other B1A4 members eventually – so please be patient.