Red

Bus Stop Strangers

An older man approached the both of you and looked at SanDeul sternly. The man pointed at the floor.

 

“You're going to clean this up,” the man started, “as punishment for trying to escape again.”

 

SanDeul smiled sheepishly and nodded. The man stared at SanDeul for a moment before turning to look at you.

 

“I apologize on behalf of SanDeul-ssi,” he stated.

 

“It's alright,” you said quickly. You glanced at SanDeul who sent you a small smile. “I don't think he meant to do it.”

 

“Right,” the man sighed. He looked back to SanDeul. “When you're done cleaning up this mess, return to the practice room.”

 

SanDeul nodded and watched the man depart.

 

“Trying to escape again,” you sighed as you knelt to the floor. You began scooping the food into the now empty containers. SanDeul quickly joined you.

 

“Thanks for lunch,” he said. He looked pleased despite the fact that he wouldn't get to eat any of it. He thought it was really nice of you to buy him lunch – especially since he had never expected it from you.

 

“No problem. Too bad it all went to waste.” You grimaced as you scooped up a handful of noodles.

 

“Why did you do this?” SanDeul asked. You were too preoccupied with cleaning up the mess to notice the way he was staring at you, looking quite serious for once.

 

“Do what?” you asked in turn, staring at the noodles sadly.

 

“Bring lunch.”

 

You bit your lip and glanced up at him. His serious expression caught you off guard and you quickly looked away.

 

“I saw you yesterday,” you replied tentatively. Taking a breath you looked up at him. “You know, you really should invest in an umbrella or something.”

 

SanDeul blushed lightly and gave out a nervous laugh.

 

“You're not sick or anything?” you asked.

 

SanDeul smiled brightly and said, “I'm fine.”

 

Because his cheeks were still red from blushing, you didn't believe him. You grabbed a stray napkin from the floor and cleaned your hand as best you could. Then you leaned forward slightly, alarm crossed SanDeul's faced and his eyes widened slightly as you lifted up his bangs with your hand and pressed the back of your hand to his forehead. With a frown, you moved your hand away from his forehead and felt his cheek. SanDeul's face became a tiny bit more red the longer you had your hand pressed to his face.

 

Finally, you removed your hand but didn't eliminate the proximity between you two.

 

“You feel a little warm. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids and try to go to bed early,” you said. You smiled and poked his cheek lightly.

 

“Yeah,” SanDeul said quietly, watching as you went back to cleaning up the spilled food.