Simple and Complicate

Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lu Han plopped on the couch heaving a deep sigh. He rubbed his face tiredly.

Since when his life turned out to be so much complicated?

He felt his eyes welling up as he started to stare at the white wall before him mentally boring holes. He blinked his eyes to clear his blurring vision.

Lu Han wanted to cry.

It was 20th of April.

Last year this day was the happiest day of his life, Lu Han thought sadly. He was the happiest father on earth he thought that day.

But a year later on the same day it turned out to be one of the gloomiest days of his life.

April 20th is his birth day.

But he didn’t receive anything from anyone not even a birth day wish from his best friend Yixing. Forget Yixing, even not from his husband.

Last year was one of the wonderful birthdays he had with his lovely husband Sehun and his two angels Haowen and Ziyu. They had entire day spending in the amusement park with joyful kids bursting with happiness and had a romantic dinner date afterwards.

This year it turned out to a normal day.

His sons who were just five year old children didn’t remember that it’s their Baba’s birth day.

He didn’t even receive a sweet birth day kiss from Sehun, not even a little peck. For the worse Sehun wasn’t home since yesterday and last night Sehun left him a text saying field trip was extended until April 22nd. Sehun was a busy man trying to earn more money for his family. Sehun must be really busy to forget how important this day was. Lu Han turned out to 26 but Sehun didn’t seem to realize that.

 But how could he simply forget Lu Han’s birth day? The day the love of his life was born?

Lu Han remembered how he surprised Sehun 8 days ago on his birth day with Sehun’s favorite red velvet cake appearing sharply at 12 in midnight with their two children at the bed side.

Lu Han didn’t do that hoping to return anything graceful but still he was a human being. He didn’t want anything from anyone but just a single call from Sehun wishing “Happy Birth Day my Luhannie, I love you”. That’s the only thing he wanted. He wanted to hear his Sehun’s voice that poured love for him which could shake his entire soul.

But nothing was received.

It’s okay, Sehun must be really busy. He will remember once he finishes today’s work. Lu Han thought to himself. He tried to convince himself despite the tear drop escaped from his eye rolling down along his rosy cheek.

It hurt him. He felt a pang in his chest. Is Sehun really busy or Does he start to lose interest over Lu Han?

Lu Han shook his head shooing the terrifying thought from his brain.

“Don’t be stupid Lu Han He is just being so busy, very busy, working hard for us.”

Lu Han said his thought aloud squeezing his wet eyes shut. His heart felt heavy. Lu Han breathed in and out slowly calming his mind. But the peace he managed to gain didn’t last a second.

“Baba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ziyu’s shriek ran through the empty house following with a loud sob.

Lu Han sighed again. Even today his kids were being difficult than any other day. Haowen and Ziyu were two different children though they were in the same age. Haowen looked more matured and bit mischievous just like Sehun while Ziyu was a small replica of Lu Han. They followed their fathers respectively. But today Ziyu seemed to be annoying and aggressive despite his every day chirpy obedient behavior.

Lu Han dragged his feet to kid’s room and leaned against the door frame only to find a frowning Haowen with his arms folded against his chest and a bawling Ziyu from top of his lungs.

“What is it now? What’s wrong with you guys today?”

Lu Han lazily asked eyeing at the mess they had already made on the carpet.

“He kicked my cookie jar and cookies are everywhere.”

Haowen complained curling his lips in displeasure.

“He stepped on my crayons and they are broken.”

Ziyu sobbed out in between words rubbing his face with small fingers.

“I didn’t see your crayon”

Haowen reasoned.

“I didn’t see the cookie jar”

Ziyu stomped his foot.

“Baba…..”

“Baba….”

Toddlers began wailing again complaining pointing fingers at each other.

Since when kids became this difficult? They were always simple and easy to handle.

“Oh my god! Stop it both of you.”

Lu Han massaged his temples darting his eyes on his children and the floor. Crayon’s and chocolate chip cookies were scattered everywhere.

“Haowen say sorry to Ziyu and Ziyu say sorry to Haowen.”

Lu Han picked up the default solution concluding both of them had done wrong to each other.

“Baba…”

Haowen started but cut off by Lu Han’s stern voice.

“Now!”

The house was drowned in an eerie silent. Haowen bit his lower lip stealing glance at his brother. Lu Han waited patiently. He knew to where this was heading to.

“I am sorry.”

Haowen slowly said without stuttering. It wasn’t that sincere but for now it was much better.

“I am sorry too”

It didn’t take second to Ziyu to say. His toe scraped the carpet.

But still two kids were not settled Lu Han could say. Haowen’s frown deepened and Ziyu’s lower lip quivered at the site of his crayons. Lu Han walked to then and ruffled their heads.

“Okay kids let’s clean this mess up.”

Lu Han said turning back. Haowen huffed.

“He started it.”

He pointed but Ziyu was no less.

“No you started it.”

Unbelievable! When did they start to behave like annoying rotten brats? What happened to his sweet little angels?

“Guys! Guys, no fighting.”

Lu Han sighed exasperatedly running his fingers through his brown locks. He didn’t know how to cope the situation of an extremely pissed off Haowen and a hiccupping Ziyu. He turned back to the bickering duo with his hands on his hips.

Then it clicked in his mind. Why not having some fun today? Lu Han deserved fun. Heck it was his birthday. His lips curled into a small smile. Well bribing children is not always bad.

“Okay I want you to clean this up. If you two behave I’ll take you out to the park and ice cream shop and even to the toy shop. How is that?”

Toddlers looked at each other with a visible glint in their eyes which was quite strange for two toddlers who just squabbled a moment ago. But Lu Han shrugged it off. Children are unpredictable and sometimes they are really bipolar behind those chubby cute faces.

“Really Baba?”

Both of them chorused at once jumping to his sides.

“Yes really.

Lu Han kneel down hugging them. Despite everything he felt he was living and breathing.

“Yay Yay Yaaayyyy”

Ziyu started jumping up and down. Haowen clapped happily.

Children are that simple no matter how difficult they are.

Lu Han smiled concluding. Then he walked away.

He went to the store room to bring the broom and a dustpan to clean the mess on the room. He helped the silent two kids to clean their room. After cleaning up Lu Han threw the cookie particles and broken crayons to the bin. He was washing his hands in the kitchen when he felt a tug in his pant.

It was Ziyu.

“Baba I want to bath.”

The toddler pouted. Lu Han smiled patting his hands dry. Then he lifted the little one up to his hands. He showered Ziyu and Haowen this morning but it seems Ziyu is just being Ziyu.

“Okay. Let’s bath.” He paused before calling out for the other toddler who wasn’t at his sight.

“ Haowen do you wanna shower too?”

“Nope Baba. I showered in the morning. I’ll wash my face.”

As expected a rational matured answer came out from the room. That’s Haowen being Haowen.

Lu Han got himself into the bubble bath with Ziyu. The toddler giggled splashing water. Lu Han laughed forgetting everything for a moment. Strawberry bubbles always had this amazing ability of making him feel good. He blew bubbles out when Ziyu broke them poking. He giggled with Ziyu.

After soaking nearly thirty minutes he walked out of the bathroom in a bathrobe with a wrapped up Ziyu in a large towel to Toddlers’ bed room. Haowen walked into the room with a grin in his face apparently from living room.

“Why are you smiling Haowen?”

Lu Han asked drying Ziyu’s hair.

“N-nothing Baba, errr.. I’ll go wash my face.”

Haowen stuttered visibly flustering. Grabbing his towel he then disappeared to the bathroom.

 

 

 

Though it wasn’t the best birth day evening he could have spent Lu Han did have fun.

First they had ice cream in the shop. Strawberry for him and Haowen wanted to taste something new. So he tried Banana. Ziyu just like his father chose strawberry. Sluggishly kids ice cream but they seemed to be bit quiet than usual but Lu Han knew why. Toddlers were still holding the grudge. Lu Han pulled both of them on to his lap lovingly and kissed their heads.

“Okay. Look no need to hold grudges. Haowen I’ll buy new chocolate chip cookies and for Ziyu it will be a new crayon box. From now on just be careful where you step and kick.”

Kids giggled together. Haowen’s eyes were gleaming but went unnoticed to the young father.

Then they went to the park. But after five minutes both toddlers demanded to go to the toy shop.

That was their favorite spot apart from home.

They spent hours selecting toys. Lu Han was kind of tired because obviously kids didn’t know what to choose. One minute Ziyu pointed toward the stuffed big puppy and the next second he was running towards the plushy panda. Haowen wanted everything in his sight. Lu Han just wondered how Sehun managed them. Sehun! Lu Han felt his heart squeezed a little too tight. He closed his eyes and exhaled.

 Lu Han gave up and just let them to choose.

Finally they stepped out of the shop with fluffy plushy Bunny and a remote control car. Seriously they spent two good hours just to buy two toys? Wow!

Kids aren’t difficult, are they?

Stuffing the toddlers into back of the car Lu Han wanted to go home but both Ziyu and Haowen had other plans. They wanted to buy clothes. Well Lu Han being the lovely father he always is couldn’t say no to those moistened brown orbs. So he drove off to the shopping mall to where they usually buy clothes.

Then they ended up buying a lot of clothes. Haowen and Ziyu were more eager to pick T-shirts, sweaters and dress shirts for Lu Han more than to themselves. After spending another hour in the clothe shop they walked out with 5 bags in Lu Han’s hand. Kids wanted to buy for Sehun of course and Lu Han really didn’t mind that though Sehun had forgotten his birth day. May be Sehun would feel guilty when he saw these gifts for forgetting his birth day and more over he would feel ashamed for Lu Han’s generous heart. Lu Han’s inside devil smirked at the thought. No one was perfect and selfless.

 

 

Lu Han felt a relief when he got off from the car. Ziyu and Haowen ran towards the door giggling with Lu Han following them with handful of bags.

He put them on the floor and punched the key code on the door lock. Before he pushed the door open Ziyu pouted turning his innocent face at Lu Han. His eyes blinked increasing toddler’s cute factor. Lu Han pinched his cheek.

“Baba I forgot PinkuPinku in the car”

“Who?”

“PinkuPinku”

It took five seconds to Lu Han to realize what the child was speaking about. Ziyu had forgotten to bring his newly bought plushy Bunny out of the car.

Why pink? It was off white not pink.

Lu Han thought smiling. He was amazed at what could possibly going on Kid’s mind to name an off white bunny a pinkupinku when there is no pink at all not even its nose.

“Okay I’ll bring Pinku inside. Can you guys take these bags inside?”

“Yeah sure Baba”

Haowen grabbed a few bags leaving two for Ziyu. Ziyu turned to his Baba lips curling to form words.

“Baba he is not Pinku he is Pinkupinku.”

Again why two pinks when there is not even one pink. Never mind!

Lu Han turned around and walked back to the garage.

When he returned two children was already inside and the door left slightly ajar.

Lu Han tucked the Pinkupinku to his chest inhaling the new scent. He loved fluffy soft toys.

“SURPRISE!!!!!!”

No sooner Lu Han stepped inside the house his ears got filled by the scream made by his own two angels.

Wearing party hats kids began singing “Happy Birth Day to you” with Sehun standing in the middle smiling with a big birth day cake on his hands. 26 candles were lit up with their flickering flames softly dancing.

Lu Han gasped covering his mouth dropping Pinkupinku to the floor his doe eyes b with tears in no time. Salty pearls rolled down as he blinked swiftly watching his children wishing him a Happy Birth Day with their baby voices. They clapped at the end chirping. Lu Han pulled them to his hug peppering their faces with a rain of kisses while Sehun held the cake with his handsomeness bursting out shaping more with the adoration and affection for Lu Han.

“Make a wish Baba and blow the candles hurry”

Lu Han wiped his tears and blew the candles his twinkling eyes staring at Sehun. Lu Han’s heart ran miles per second fluttering endlessly.

“Happy Birth Day Luhannie.”

Sehun whispered flashing a gorgeous smile. Lu Han swore he almost fainted. Then he asked Lu Han to hold the cake. When he did Sehun stepped to his side and kissed his cheek.

“I love you.”

At that very moment all Lu Han wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter