Staying -Part II of Coming back

Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay now since the previous chap was so angsty I wanted to make it better. But this came out less fluffy and ty. I am sorry for that :C

word count : 2870

 

When SM management announced that Luhan would be returned, to say Sehun wasn’t happy is a straight lie because Sehun was happy. Luhan was his hyung, his everything. When he left Sehun, Luhan tore a part of his heart and went away. Sehun was never the same.

Before he was babied so much and when Luhan left him behind, Sehun had to grow up. He had to cope up with the lose. He had to hide his tears. He had to deal with the pain alone.

When they said Luhan was to return, everything crashed down on him. He couldn’t forget how much of a torture he went through because of Luhan. How much he suffered. How much he loathed his own entire existence to be left alone. He couldn’t bring himself to hate the one person he loved so much because Sehun, though he wasn’t sure about loving Luhan anymore, really didn’t know how to.

But he couldn’t open his arms to Luhan either. So he turned out to the cold, rude person Luhan had never seen. When the days passed by he was becoming ruthless to the point he reminded Luhan how much of a betrayal he did to Sehun, at any gives second. He hurt Luhan because he wanted to convey Luhan how much he suffered. What he didn’t know was how much Luhan was suffering already.

It’s not that Sehun didn’t see. Sehun saw how skinny Luhan was, eating less and less, practicing more and more. But he just shrugged off as Luhan was busying himself with upcoming come back. It was his fault to leave EXO, so he had to endure the hard training now. Or Sehun justified that dull eyes of Luhan that once glimmered with happiness but now dimming with each passing day had nothing to do with him tormenting Luhan. He convinced himself that silent sobs of Luhan to his pillow when the dorm was dark in nights had nothing to do with the ill treatments he was giving to Luhan. He pushed the thoughts away.

But everything has a limit.

Then it dawns to him like a crashing landslide, when Luhan broke down physically.

 

 

The doctor nods his head silently. Since SM couldn’t afford another scandal to go viral with Luhan failing his health again, just after he stepped into EXO second time, they called a doctor to treat Luhan in dorm. He had come with necessary medical equipments. After adjusting the IV line that tugged to very pale and unconscious Luhan, the doctor stepped out of the room to face the waiting boys. He smiles at the nervous boys looking at him. Sehun prays silently. Yes he was a bastard treating Luhan as if Luhan was trash waited to be discarded, but if SM sends him home again, Sehun knows that he will never sleep peacefully again.

“He is just stressed and fatigued. What has he been eating? He is malnourished. Everything has affected on his immunity, he is more prone to diseases with low immunity. I assume that he is suffering from a viral flu going around.”

The middle-aged doctor says. Junmyeon bites his lower lip. He has failed to take care of a member again. Chanyeol rubs his back.

“You guys need to take care of him. First let’s get him cured. I need you to cool down his temperature with wet wipes but don’t make it too cold. His lungs are clear we don’t need to make things worse as you said that he had a cough. You can give him a sponge bath if his temperature is too high but don’t go to showers. And feed him with whatever he likes; get more fluids into his system. But don’t feed anything cold. And make sure he gets his medicine on time. Monitor him thoroughly.”

He advises the young men who nods obediently, noting the information intently. Then he turned to the older male, whom he knew as a manager of EXO.

“And if his fever isn’t break by twelve hours, bring him to the hospital.”

“But we c-”

“I know, but as a doctor I care about the patient most, not the reputation of your agency. He needs medical treatments in a hospital, even now. But just because I let him be here, that doesn’t mean that you can keep him until he dies here. Bring him to the hospital if you think he is getting worse, like he shows breathing difficulties, seizures or continuously high fever without breaking within next 12 hours.”

Manager nods. He understands the depth of the situation. He escorts the doctor to the outside with him continuing advising the man.

 

Junmyeon sighs as he leans back on the sofa. Baekyung pats his arm. Yixing bites his inner cheek. Sehun sits on the floor with guilt burdening him. Though Jongdae and Tao were not that harsh, they have their fair share of the guilt of treating the elder rude. They stay in silence until manager returns.

“Okay, I need someone to take care of him and others back to schedules.”

He says voice soft, understanding the situation. He knows that there were conflicts between the sick member and the maknae and it might be the very reason for Luhan’s stress. But it wasn’t his place to speak of it. Junmyeon chins up knowing that it’s his responsibility but manager silently tells him no. Just because he is the leader it doesn’t mean he is obliged to do every single thing. Minseok opens his mouth but Sehun beats into that, standing up.

“I will take care of Luhan hyung.”

He says, voice solid but with a hint of sadness. Everyone’s eyes are on him. It’s the first time he called Luhan, hyung not Luhan ssi after his arrival. Manager doesn’t know whether it’s a good idea or a bad one but either way he thinks Sehun is the most suitable one for the job. This will heal the crack on their friendship.

After giving him all the necessary information and instruction, manager leaves them in dorm with other members.

 

 

Sehun watches Luhan’s pale form sleeping under the thin sheet. He sighs as he puts a wash cloth on Luhan’s burning forehead. Sehun knows it’s partially his fault that Luhan is in this state. He wonders if Luhan will ever leave because it is obvious that Luhan can’t handle the hectic schedules. But he knows deep down what hurt Luhan more.

When Luhan whimpers in his sleep, Sehun slips under the sheet and cradles Luhan to his chest, careful not to agitate Luhan’s punctured hand that has the IV support. He cards his fingers through Luhan’s soft locks, murmuring that everything is going to be fine. Sehun questions how he ignored Luhan like that, giving him the cold shoulder, hurting this beautiful human being that much. True he was hurt because Luhan left him but Sehun knew th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter